THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 Tournie list

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
adreal
Hellion

1750 Tournie list Empty
PostSubject: 1750 Tournie list   1750 Tournie list I_icon_minitimeWed May 18 2011, 09:01

Okay, well I thought I'de post up a list and get some thoughts on it, I'll explain some of my choices, but feedback is always nice

HQ
Archon
-Agoniser
-Ghostplate Armour
-Phantasm Grenade Launcher
-Clone Field
-Combat Drugs
-Haywire Grenades
=150pts
She goes alright in close combat (re-rolls to wound help her more then any other drug), and the phantasm helps the incubi, clone field is a fun bit of kit, and it's cheaper then shadowfield (shrugs)

Haemonculus
=50pts

Haemonculus
=50pts
They are just here for FnP buffs (to Incubi and camper squad), I've tried some of the 'fun' wargear, but honestly, it never really did much (though one shotting logan with shattershard was full of lulz)

ELITES
6 Incubi
-Klavex with Onslaught
-Raider with Flickerfields
=232pts
6 seems to work really well for me, I didn't want to do a painful conversion, so no demi-klaves, but onslaught is usually fun. Yes I know cover is better then flickerfields, but always having a save to me is better then sometimes being out of range with some weapons, so thats why most of my raiders have flickerfields

TROOPS
5 Warriors
-Sybarite
-Blaster
=140pts

5 Warriors
-Sybarite
-Blaster
=140pts
quick little squads that can do abit of damage, and are small enough to be ignored while my incubi, wracks and wyches are all alive, though if those guys die, these squads don't usually last for very long, but they are cheap

10 Warriors
-Sybarite
-Dark Lance
-Raider
=185pts
camper squad, which is why they have a lance, the raider is there mainly for cover to other tanks, but also as an aditional transport to ferry things around late game

10 Wyches
-2 Hydra Gauntlets
-Hekatrix with agoniser
=220pts
I love hydra gauntlets, they are just fun to me, I'm also not sold on the fact that wyches are tarpits, yes they can be geared that way, but both other weapon options help them offensivly, plus most drugs help offensivly as well, they just don't seem like a defensive unit

10 Wracks
-2 Liquifers
-Acothlyst
=200pts
I used to run an agaoniser in here, but it usually did nothing, so I've dropped it, they still dish out alot of poison hurt, and the liquifiers are just amazing

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager
-3 Disintegrators
-Flickerfields
-Night Shields
=125pts

Ravager
-3 Disintegrators
-Flickerfields
-Night Shields
=125pts

Ravager
-3 Disintegrators
-Flickerfields
-Night Shields
=125pts
Yep trip dissie ravs, they are deadly to anything below armour 12 (so pretty much all infantry, and transports). Noiw some people rag on them because of cover, and yes if a unit is in area terrain then they get a 4+, but a 4+ is better then a marines 3+, and if that unit is in cover, and is in 2" of it, it shooting out will also give cover saves (shrugs) and with the ariel assault special rule, ravs can get to places where the enemy isn't in cover, and they are cheap

So there is some of my thoughts as to why I've chosen what I've chosen, but if you have any thoughts, please leave them, I'de really like to discuss others opinions and to hear reasons for other options. Though fair warning I don't rate venoms at all.
Back to top Go down
The Strange Dude
Master of Raids
The Strange Dude

1750 Tournie list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournie list   1750 Tournie list I_icon_minitimeWed May 18 2011, 14:54

adreal wrote:
Okay, well I thought I'de post up a list and get some thoughts on it, I'll explain some of my choices, but feedback is always nice

HQ
Archon
-Agoniser
-Ghostplate Armour
-Phantasm Grenade Launcher
-Clone Field
-Combat Drugs
-Haywire Grenades
=150pts
She goes alright in close combat (re-rolls to wound help her more then any other drug), and the phantasm helps the incubi, clone field is a fun bit of kit, and it's cheaper then shadowfield (shrugs)
Can't argue

Haemonculus
=50pts
liquifiers are usefull also remember they don't have fleet so detach before assaulting

Haemonculus
=50pts
They are just here for FnP buffs (to Incubi and camper squad), I've tried some of the 'fun' wargear, but honestly, it never really did much (though one shotting logan with shattershard was full of lulz)
expensive for buffs

ELITES
6 Incubi
-Klavex with Onslaught overly expensive you can afford another incubi for less points
=232pts
6 seems to work really well for me, I didn't want to do a painful conversion, so no demi-klaves, but onslaught is usually fun. Yes I know cover is better then flickerfields, but always having a save to me is better then sometimes being out of range with some weapons, so thats why most of my raiders have flickerfields

TROOPS
5 Warriors
-Sybarite 10pts for an extra point of Ld or 5 points on grisly trophies for a reroll or don't bother with either
-Blaster
-Raider with Flickerfields pity you don't like venoms they fit these squads well
=140pts

5 Warriors
-Sybarite
-Blaster
=140pts
quick little squads that can do abit of damage, and are small enough to be ignored while my incubi, wracks and wyches are all alive, though if those guys die, these squads don't usually last for very long, but they are cheap

10 Warriors
-Sybarite
-Dark Lance
-Raider
=185pts
camper squad, which is why they have a lance, the raider is there mainly for cover to other tanks, but also as an aditional transport to ferry things around late game

10 Wyches I argue this a lot but I don't think you need 10 6-8 seems to be the sweet spot, also they NEED haywire grenades
-2 Hydra Gauntlets
-Hekatrix with agoniser
-Raider with Flickerfields Nightshields are worth considering on this and indeed any raider that you intend to throw down your opponents throat - I wrote a post about this in the tactics section if you want a more comprehensive argument
=220pts
I love hydra gauntlets, they are just fun to me, I'm also not sold on the fact that wyches are tarpits, yes they can be geared that way, but both other weapon options help them offensivly, plus most drugs help offensivly as well, they just don't seem like a defensive unit

10 Wracks I hate wracks but to each their own
-2 Liquifers
-Acothlyst
=200pts
I used to run an agaoniser in here, but it usually did nothing, so I've dropped it, they still dish out alot of poison hurt, and the liquifiers are just amazing

HEAVY SUPPORT
Ravager
-3 Disintegrators
-Flickerfields
-Night Shields
=125pts

Ravager
-3 Disintegrators
-Flickerfields
-Night Shields
=125pts

Ravager
-3 Disintegrators
-Flickerfields
-Night Shields
=125pts
Yep trip dissie ravs, they are deadly to anything below armour 12 (so pretty much all infantry, and transports). Noiw some people rag on them because of cover, and yes if a unit is in area terrain then they get a 4+, but a 4+ is better then a marines 3+, and if that unit is in cover, and is in 2" of it, it shooting out will also give cover saves (shrugs) and with the ariel assault special rule, ravs can get to places where the enemy isn't in cover, and they are cheap

I can't argue with any of your thoughts on dissies my only concern is the rest of your list is anti-tank light you need more and the ravagers are the easiest place I'd consider taking at least one probably two with DL's

So there is some of my thoughts as to why I've chosen what I've chosen, but if you have any thoughts, please leave them, I'de really like to discuss others opinions and to hear reasons for other options. Though fair warning I don't rate venoms at all.

My comments in red.

I think a little bit of trimming and re-adjusting could turn this into quite a scary list.
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

1750 Tournie list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournie list   1750 Tournie list I_icon_minitimeThu May 19 2011, 03:50

I have to agree with most of SD's comments.

The only thing I dont agree on is the wychs, I like them at 10, I would retool them though as the Tarpit unit they excel at and give them Shardnets.
Back to top Go down
Supreme_Ruler_of_Commargh
Slave

1750 Tournie list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournie list   1750 Tournie list I_icon_minitimeMon May 23 2011, 11:21

i agree with SD very light on anti tank if u look at other mehc armies mainly marines they an field atleast 2 landraiders as well as everything else and BA can get 4 easily and u jus dont have the anti tank to deal with that then theirs guard so have a rethink Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1750 Tournie list Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1750 Tournie list   1750 Tournie list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 Tournie list
Page 1 of 1