THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Pain Tokens

Go down 
5 posters

Should they be included?
Yes, remain as they are now
Pain Tokens Voteba136%Pain Tokens Voteba15
 6% [ 1 ]
Yes, but with their rules changed
Pain Tokens Voteba1394%Pain Tokens Voteba15
 94% [ 17 ]
No, take them away!
Pain Tokens Voteba130%Pain Tokens Voteba15
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 14:34

I was thinking a little about the Pain Tokens. What do you think of them, considering their role in Commoragh - The Game? Should they remain as they are for every team, or should they have different rules for different teams (now, I can't say I am exactly sure about what teams will be included, but I suppose that will be developed on another topic)? Or, are you perhaps tired of them and want to take them away completely, perhaps?
Personally, I think they should remain, but be somewhat different depending on what team you play (I know I would like to make a Mandrake Clans team, and I think that the Pain Tokens there should manely improve the Baleblast, but also make them a bit stronger in some way - not sure exactly how).
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitimeFri May 17 2013, 15:45

I feel each army should have their own use of pain tokens. Basically each token increases the gang's strengths. Warriors should get an increase in BS and maybe suspression resistance. Wyches should increase in strength and attacks. Wracks should get tougher and maybe a better FNP. Mandrakes should be able to modify their baleblast. Reavers should be able to go faster maybe (or make some sort of daring maneuvers) Hellions idk... maybe a mix of warriors and wyches???
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2013, 15:27

From what I can see, it is manely pain tokens with different rules that seems most popular, and what Shadows said up there does look quite fitting IMO. I am not sure exactly how I feel the baleblast should work here, so I can't exactly write anything for Mandrake pain tokens, but should others make rules for Kabalites, Wych Cults, Covens and all the gang kinds, I suppose a Pain Token table would be one of the a bit more important parts to include.

Something else I've been thinking perhaps should be changed, is that maybe pain tokens should be given to separate models instead of to groups (when they are in groups). What would you say?
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitimeSun May 26 2013, 17:58

Well, that would give a bonus to only those killiest guys. Sounds good!
Back to top Go down
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior
HokutoAndy

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07 2013, 15:15

A temporary stat increase of the player's choosing would be pretty straight forward, limited to +1 per stat.

OR, 1 pain token= you can reroll 1 die of your choosing. reroll a critical shot, or reroll a blow that would otherwise kill you.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 07 2013, 17:11

HokutoAndy wrote:
A temporary stat increase of the player's choosing would be pretty straight forward, limited to +1 per stat.

OR, 1 pain token= you can reroll 1 die of your choosing. reroll a critical shot, or reroll a blow that would otherwise kill you.
Actually, I kinda likes both of those. What do you others say?
Back to top Go down
HokutoAndy
Kabalite Warrior
HokutoAndy

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08 2013, 06:44

I'd go with the re-rolls. It's easier to keep track of (as you just have reroll tokens) and the effect is useful for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Saintspirit
Court of Cruelty
Saintspirit

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 08 2013, 08:26

Very good then. Suppose though that I'll add the baleblast thingy to the mandrake-kind token.
Back to top Go down
RathKoron
Slave

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 00:47

I think Pain Tokens should give different bonuses based on what kind of unit it goes to. Haemonculi and their creations should them as they are. But I think that Wyches, Kabalites, Beastmasters, Royal Courts and the like should have different bonuses. Maybe a bonus shot or a higher BS on Kabalites that get them.

Things that would either shore up a unit's weaknesses or grant them some kind of logical bonus.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pain Tokens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pain Tokens   Pain Tokens I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pain Tokens
Page 1 of 1