THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army

Go down 
+14
RetroGamer1224
spellcheck2001
Lord_Alino
facelessabsalom
Obyiscus
LSK
mot666
Skyboard surfer
Count Adhemar
Evil Space Elves
Blutvogt
Gobsmakked
KnightSeerValkia
The Eye of Error
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Empty
PostSubject: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 20:47

Many of those that know me here do not know about my other passion, Chaos! I've decided to bring a thread over here that I've started on warseer and my blog as well; Mariner's Blight.

They are a maritime inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army combining inspiration from The Shadow over Innsmouth as well as the Cthulhu mythos with 1800's style diving suits and nautical details.

-----------------------------------------

Mariners Blight Daemon Prince K'thul-hu!

K'thul-hu started out as a finecast Nurgle Deamon Prince with Vampire Counts Zombie Dragon Wings added, thigh areas were re-sculpted to look like MKII & III armor, a custom shoulder pad with a Blight logo sculpted on it. The head came from*Reaper Miniatures Eldritch Demon*(read "Cthulhu") which for obvious reasons was a perfect fit

I added a tail from the WFB Manticore Model for that extra Daemon like element and a 3-eyed Kraken icon on the shin guard similar to the standard that is on the Terminators. Finally, like with the rest of the army, the base is from*Secret Weapon Miniatures.

I painted the armor using the Tutorial HERE

Unpainted Pics can be seen HERE

More and larger images can be seen on my Blog HERE

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Prince_Painted_01

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Prince_Painted_02

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Prince_Painted_04

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Prince_Painted_06

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Prince_Painted_08

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Prince_Painted_10

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Prince_Painted_12

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Prince_Painted_14

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Prince_Painted_17

Last edited by The Eye of Error on Thu Aug 29 2013, 15:02; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://eyeoferror.blogspot.com/
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 20:49

Here is one of the centerpieces for my Mariners Blight Army, a Contemptor Dreadnought modified to look like an oversized deep diver. I drew inspiration not only from actual 1800's diver outfits, but also from Big Daddy.

I took the Forge World Dread and added some subtle Chaos trim with Greenstuff and Styrene rivets. I used a Chaos vehicle spotlight (Which fit perfectly) as the diver helmet. And then I sculpted the tentacles from greenstuff as seen in this post.

The base is from Secret Weapon Miniatures and the boat I bought from Billing Boats USA.

More painted pics can be found at My Blog

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Dread_Painted_01

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Dread_Painted_02

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Dread_Painted_04

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Dread_Painted_05

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Dread_Painted_07

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Dread_Painted_08

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Dread_Painted_09

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Dread_Painted_11

The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 20:49

Defiler Azathoth is A mutated octopus, deep diver daemon engine of pure Lovecraftian evilness constructed from a toy octopus and ForgeWorld Khorne Slaughterer Impaler.

More pics can be found at My Blog

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Defiler_Painted_01

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Defiler_Painted_02

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Defiler_Painted_03

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Defiler_Painted_04

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Defiler_Painted_06

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Defiler_Painted_08

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Defiler_Painted_13

The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 20:51

Mariners Blight Raptors.

They are mostly based on MK3 Armour, w/regular Chaos CC arms and some MK2 Armour pieces. The Biohazard heads and Iron Pattern Jump Packs are from Maxmini as are the Tesla Cannons which I'm using as more retro proxies for Plasma Guns.

The Commander is using a Zombie Head from Maxmini for that rotten swampy look. I also decided that his lighting claws should be mutations rather than manufactured weapons. Just "felt" right with the whole Lovecraftian mutation thing I have going on.

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Raptors_01

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Raptors_02

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Raptors_05

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Raptors_06

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Raptors_07

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Raptors_08

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Raptors_11

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Raptors_12

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Raptors_14

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Raptors_15

The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 20:54

My Blight Lord is essentially Abbaddon. Same stats, rules etc. But I wanted a unique look to fit the blight theme. In The Shadow over Innsmouth it was Obed Marsh who brought Dagon to Innsmouth, so it's only fitting that I honor his name by dubbing my lord Obeddon Marsh.

The build started as Lord Zhufor from Forgeworld with a few drastic changes. I shaved off all the World Eater iconography, sculpted a new Dagon symbol on the left shoulder pad, added the anchor,* gave him a tentacle, spliced Zhufor's head with a more blight appropriate one and gave him a nasty aquatic looking Daemon Sword made from a modified Tyranid bonesword. The base is a modified Secret Weapon Miniatures one with some appropriate nautical embellishments.

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Obbeddon_Painted_01

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Obbeddon_Painted_02

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Obbeddon_Painted_03

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Obbeddon_Painted_04

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Obbeddon_Painted_05

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Obbeddon_Painted_06

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Obbeddon_Painted_07

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Obbeddon_Painted_08

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Obbeddon_Painted_09

The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 20:56

Deep Diver Terminators

These guys are competing to be one of my favorite units from the whole army.
I mixed up loyalist and Traitor Terminator armor and used all the diver helmet heads from BioHazard head sprues Morbäck designed*to achieve a unique look. I actually shaved away a lot of the smaller chaos detail on each figure for a smoother armor look, especially on the shoulder pads.*This Particular unit has Mark of Nurgle, so I added that in there in a Cephlopod like fashion
The addition of some aquatic like mutations completes the Innsmouth Look on these fellas.

I used a tutorial from Massive Voodoo on making real miniatures lens for all the optics and the squid icon.

This tutorial goes into detail about how I painted them.*WIP's can be found HERE

Many, many More images can be found on HERE

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Termies_01

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Termies_05

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Termies_07

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Termies_09

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Termies_13

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Termies_16

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Termies_18

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Termies_19

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Termies_22

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Termies_24

The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 20:59

Mariners Blight Rhinos.

These were highly converted MKII Rhino kits. I basically redetailed the whole kit overtop of the old chassis.

Many More Pics can be found at MY BLOG

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Rhinos_Painted_01

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Rhinos_Painted_02

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Rhinos_Painted_05

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Rhinos_Painted_06

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Rhinos_Painted_10

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Rhinos_Painted_12

The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 20:59

Hey Guys, thanks again for all the support!

A MKII Vindicator. Just like the Rhinos & The Predator, I basically redetailed the whole kit overtop of the old chassis. I used Chaos vehicle bits and Baneblade bits to add a new level of detail to the old kit. I also used Kromlech Dozer Blades for something unique

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Vindicator_Painted_01

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Vindicator_Painted_02

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Vindicator_Painted_03

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Vindicator_Painted_04

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Vindicator_Painted_06

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Vindicator_Painted_07

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Vindicator_Painted_11

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Vindicator_Painted_12

The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 21:00

Mariners Blight Is a MKII style Predator

Just like the Rhinos, I basically redetailed the whole kit overtop of the old chassis. I used Chaos vehicle bits and Baneblade bits to add a new level of detail to the old kit.

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Predator_Painted_01

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Predator_Painted_02

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Predator_Painted_03

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Predator_Painted_05

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Predator_Painted_07

The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 21:03

Pre-heresy style Jetbikers.

These guys use Kromlech's Iron Shark Bike kit with some minor modifications (Tow Hooks). The riders were made just like my other blight infantry with the exception of the legs. They were regular Marine biker legs that I modified to look more like MKII Armour.

The bases I made from a combination of Secret Weapon Miniatures Bone Fields bases and regular calvary bases. I imbedded the SWM bases at both ends then filled the middle with pumice paste and assorted earthly remains.

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Bikes_Painted_01

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Bikes_Painted_02

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Bikes_Painted_03

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Bikes_Painted_04

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Bikes_Painted_05

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Bikes_Painted_06

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Bikes_Painted_07

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Bikes_Painted_08

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Bikes_Painted_09

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Bikes_Painted_10

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Bikes_Painted_11

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Bikes_Painted_12

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Bikes_Painted_13

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Bikes_Painted_14

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Bikes_Painted_15

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Bikes_Painted_16

KnightSeerValkia
Kabalite Warrior
KnightSeerValkia

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 21:18

O.O

Oh my Muse, this army is GLORIOUS!

I both salute and curse your amazing skills Eye, and I love the theme for the army <3

And when the pistol goes off it sparks and you're ready for surgery..Surgery~

Cavash wrote:
I wouldn't send anybody to kill you, I'm not that sort of DEldar... if I wanted you dead I'd do it myself! Very Happy 

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Hiddenlibrary2nd-1
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeMon May 27 2013, 22:00

The painting is stunning as always, perhaps even more so than usual with all the weathering you have done, but the thought and effort that has gone into creating such a coherent and heavily-converted army is equally amazing.

Would absolutely love to see this in person across a tabletop! *tips hat*

How much more work do you plan to do on this army, or will it be a perpetual project?

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Blutvogt
Hellion
Blutvogt

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 06:09

Realy impressive!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 08:12

The Contemptor chest looks as though it was made for your army theme! Love this army.

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeTue May 28 2013, 10:56

Incredible work. Totally in awe of this army and the skill that went into creating it.

The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeFri May 31 2013, 17:59

Thanks Guys for the compliments, here's some Mariners Blight Marines Finished.

They were made from a combination of MK2 & MK3 Armour with Morback's BioHazard Helmets.
I literally cut legs off from MK2 Armour and swapped with MK3 Armour to create a more chaotic appearnce. Some Maxmini mutation bits were mixed in with possessed bits to achieve an aquatic mutation effect on the Close Combat Marines.

I painted the armor using the Tutorial I have posted HERE

Unpainted pics of the Champion can be seen HERE

Unpainted Pics of the marines can be seen HERE

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Marines_Painted_01

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Marines_Painted_02

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Marines_Painted_03

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Marines_Painted_06

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Marines_Painted_07

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Marines_Painted_10

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Marines_Painted_12

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Marines_Painted_13

Skyboard surfer
Kabalite Warrior
Skyboard surfer

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeFri May 31 2013, 22:18

OK those are officially awesome, as a gamer and a diver I am doubly jealous.

Particularly love the Deep Sea Terminators.

Sir I salute you.

Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 02:52

Thanks Skyboard Surfer!

Here's my possessed unit, like the rest of Mariners Blight are a combination of MK 2 & MK 3 Armour as well as a mix of old and new possessed / mutation bits. I only used claws/arms that had the nautical feel. Crab Claws, tentacles, and the like.

Unpainted Pics can Be Seen HERE

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Possessed_01

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Possessed_02

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Possessed_03

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Possessed_06

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Possessed_08

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Possessed_09

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Blight_Possessed_12

mot666
Kabalite Warrior
mot666

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 17:39

those are wikid sick man! big cthulu fan here. Very Happy

I am the Master of Darkness, and of the Abyss... I am The Ancient One. Dont make me turn you into a lap dog. I've done it several times before and I wont hesitate to do it again. Seriously! Ironic isnt it? Being accused of necromancy, with a joke inspired by The 'Necronomicon' in my sig?
my project log:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t2874-the-kabal-raining-bullets
now with csm:
http://www.thedarkcity.net/t6430-chaos-space-marines
PM me about commision work.
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2013, 15:02

Thanks again everyone for all the support. I've been laying low for a few months but now that the summer is coming to a close and I've been feeling some more inspiration lately to finish up some lingering projects on the table.

Mariners Blight Forgefiend Zoth-Ommog

As soon as the GW Mutalith Vortex Beast kit came out I knew I needed to do something with that tentacle mouth piece. It just fit in so perfectly with my Lovecraftian theme for this army.

I made this beast by splicing together as many tentacle pieces I can find to the body of a Forgefiend and slapping that tentacled maw on the front of it. I added some Cryx legs in the back for a bit of a mechanical crab appearance. The base is from Secret Weapon Miniatures.

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Zoth-Ommog-01

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Zoth-Ommog-02

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Zoth-Ommog-03

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Zoth-Ommog-04

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Zoth-Ommog-05

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Zoth-Ommog-06

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Zoth-Ommog-07

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Zoth-Ommog-08

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Zoth-Ommog-09

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Zoth-Ommog-10

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Zoth-Ommog-11

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  Zoth-Ommog-12

LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2013, 15:14

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked A W E S O M E Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked 
First time I look at this thread... your work is just amazing.

Obyiscus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2013, 16:44

WOW they look amazing!!!

I especially like the Big Daddy esq Dreadnought
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2013, 02:59

Nice to see you back in the saddle Eye!

Another brilliant creation, I would love to see that on the tabletop. Fits your theme beautifully.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2013, 05:22

WOW Shocked  That Forgefiend.....YES Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
The Eye of Error
Dark Architect
The Eye of Error

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31 2013, 23:52

Thanks guys!
I have a lot more in the works.

It's about time I finish this army Wink

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army    Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mariners Blight - A Maritime Inspired Lovecraftian Chaos Marine Army
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next