THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Crimson Hunter upgrades, are any of them worth it?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mug7703
Sybarite

Crimson Hunter upgrades, are any of them worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Crimson Hunter upgrades, are any of them worth it?   Crimson Hunter upgrades, are any of them worth it? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 01:01

As it says really. Our options are Exarch Hunter, change to Star Cannons, Night Vision and Marksman's Eye.

I don't think Star Cannons are worth it as this fighter is set up to hit flyers, night vision will only really help if it's NF turn 5 and the Markman's Eye seems expensive for a very situational usage. You should be shooting at flyers not ground units.

However, what about the Exarch? This gives you B5 which is quite nasty but is it worth the points? What do you all think?

7. Posting excessive points cost is prohibited. /Your friendly mod SS
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Hunter upgrades, are any of them worth it?   Crimson Hunter upgrades, are any of them worth it? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 07:22

Exarch is worth it if you have the points to spare BS5 is nice, especially with four S8 shots. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Hunter upgrades, are any of them worth it?   Crimson Hunter upgrades, are any of them worth it? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 09:15

I would also splurge for the night vision if I had 5pts to spare on the exarch... just for late game night fight...
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
mug7703
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Hunter upgrades, are any of them worth it?   Crimson Hunter upgrades, are any of them worth it? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 09:46

Yea, I think the BS5 really ups the reliability of the fighter.

P.S. Sorry for posting the points cost. :/
Back to top Go down
http://www.trevelyanharper.co.uk
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Hunter upgrades, are any of them worth it?   Crimson Hunter upgrades, are any of them worth it? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 12:01

hitting on a 2+ is awesome, and I'm sure there must be some way of getting them re-rolls with psychic powers (no codex to hand).
Mind you, you can still fail that (I once rolled six ones in a handful of eight dice. Armour saves for my terminators against a guardsmen platoon as well, gutted!)
Beyond that, I don't think I'd bother, it's fast enough not to really need night vision except on really big tables.
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crimson Hunter upgrades, are any of them worth it?   Crimson Hunter upgrades, are any of them worth it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crimson Hunter upgrades, are any of them worth it?
Page 1 of 1