THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Any Merit in this Archon Build?

Go down 
+2
The_Burning_Eye
The Shredder
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

Any Merit in this Archon Build? Empty
PostSubject: Any Merit in this Archon Build?   Any Merit in this Archon Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 18:58

I was just wondering if this Archon build looks any good?

Archon - 140
- Blast Pistol
- Blast Pistol
- Shadowfield
- Djin Blade

Basically, the idea is to take advantage of the Gunslinger rule (letting him fire both blast pistols), and also the fact that he can still get a power weapon with the Djin Blade.

Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
The_Burning_Eye
Trueborn
The_Burning_Eye

PostSubject: Re: Any Merit in this Archon Build?   Any Merit in this Archon Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 20:00

Blast pistols are 6" range. Even firing two, you've got to get in mighty close, and even two doesn't give me enough certainty to try it. Let's say you hit with them both, then roll a two and a four for armour pen, that's two hull points off, assuming no save, and one roll on the pen table. Statistically speaking you're only busting the tank once every three attempts. And the rest of the time he's getting shot, a lot, in the following phase.

The model would look amazing though.

My Blog - The Burning Eye Blog (check it out - comments always welcome)

My Project Log - Visions of the Burning Eye

My Gaming Log - Chronicles of the Burning Eye

My Club - MAD Wargaming

My Fluff - Kabal of the Burning Eye, Cult of the Shadowed Blade and Coven of Distorted Perfection
Back to top Go down
http://theburningeye.blogspot.com
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

PostSubject: Re: Any Merit in this Archon Build?   Any Merit in this Archon Build? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 20:31

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Blast pistols are 6" range. Even firing two, you've got to get in mighty close, and even two doesn't give me enough certainty to try it. Let's say you hit with them both, then roll a two and a four for armour pen, that's two hull points off, assuming no save, and one roll on the pen table. Statistically speaking you're only busting the tank once every three attempts. And the rest of the time he's getting shot, a lot, in the following phase.

Sadly, that was my thought as well.

Oh, well - no harm in asking. Wink
Back to top Go down
wanderingblade
Kabalite Warrior
wanderingblade

PostSubject: Re: Any Merit in this Archon Build?   Any Merit in this Archon Build? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 00:19

Well, with Haywire grenades, at least he can finish the tank off... but yeah. Cool idea, not so cool reality...
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Any Merit in this Archon Build?   Any Merit in this Archon Build? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 01:17

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
The model would look amazing though.
^This...but not so much in useful gaming terms Razz

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
inorexia
Hellion
inorexia

PostSubject: Re: Any Merit in this Archon Build?   Any Merit in this Archon Build? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 15:45

I'm building this, but haven't played with it yet. My idea is not to send him after tanks so much as to think of them at 2 powerfist attacks at Init 11. They also have two bites at precision shot, what with the BS 7 re-roll. The 6'' range sucks, sure - but it's a bit dangerous declaring charges outside of that anyway.

I plan to roll him with a unit of harlies with a death jester and a fusion pistol on the shadowseer and troupe leader for even more precision joy.

I call it GUNSTAR, and it will be awesome.

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Any Merit in this Archon Build?   Any Merit in this Archon Build? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 07 2013, 18:43

Such heroic feats is not fitting of the dark kin.

Go back to kneeling before the Corpse. :p

In all seriousness add haywire grenade. Shoot with both pistols and run up to it with a gren.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Merit in this Archon Build?   Any Merit in this Archon Build? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Merit in this Archon Build?
Page 1 of 1