THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

New, need help with a couple of rules.

Go down 
+3
doomseer11b
Count Adhemar
geoff877
7 posters
AuthorMessage
geoff877
Slave

New, need help with a couple of rules. Empty
PostSubject: New, need help with a couple of rules.   New, need help with a couple of rules. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 21:01

Hey guys, I have a few questions regarding combat as I am very new to the game and have played maybe 4 games tops. I have 1000pts of DE and usually play around 700-800 pt games.

1) I'm confused on the amount of attacks my guys get in close combat, say for charging. If my Wyches have a Close combat wep and a pistol they start with 2 attacks, and on the charge they would have 3 each? If the Hekatrix has 2 attacks in her profile, along with a power weapon and a pistol would she then get 4 attacks on the charge? If so would she then get 3 of those attacks using her power Weapon since only one of the attacks is with a pistol? Wyches seem like they are almost overpowered in close combat, although they die immediately while trying to get INTO close combat.

2) The Splinter Weapons have Strength X which I cannot find in the rule book. At first I thought it just meant the users strength, but I saw that there was actually a rule listed as "user" under strength. Also If my Talos had twin-linked splinter cannons with strength 7 would it not destroy vehicles like no tomorrow?

3) Haywire grenades. Can we only use 1 grenade per turn? OR if they are all equipped with grenades can I kill a vehicle by using all of the grenades?
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: New, need help with a couple of rules.   New, need help with a couple of rules. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 21:15

1) You get the number of attacks shown on the models profile, plus an extra attack for using 2 melee weapons and an extra attack for charging. Wyches, for example, have 1 attack base but come equipped with 2 melee weapons so they will have 2 attacks normally, 3 on the charge. the Hekatrix has an extra attack because she has 2 attacks on her profile. If she is using some sort of special weapon, such as a power weapon she can use that weapon for all her attacks. So that would be 4 attacks with a power weapon on the charge!

2) Weapons with Strength X are poisoned and will wound on a fixed number, usually 4+. This will be shown in the weapon's rules.
Back to top Go down
geoff877
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New, need help with a couple of rules.   New, need help with a couple of rules. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 22:02

So you will never be able to destroy a vehicle with the splinter weapons correct?
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: New, need help with a couple of rules.   New, need help with a couple of rules. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 22:10

If you buy haywire for a squad of wyches, you get 1 grenade per wych on the attack. So it's WS to WS unless the vehicle hasn't moved and it's not a walker. Then resolve the hits as 1's do nothing 2-5 are glancing and a 6 is penetrating. If te vehicle hasn't moved its counted as WS 0 if it has moved it's WS 1. Bs if you ask me. A skimmer that has turbo boosted should be a little harder to hit in CC. The one grenade per wych is how we have always played, however I have not found it in the BRB that you don't get a grenade per attack. I'm sure it's one per, but would be ridiculous if it was the latter.

Our Poison SX weapons have no effect on vehicles sadly. They do however have an AP of 5 so remember most nids, DE and other squishy armies will not get an armor save against them.

Last edited by doomseer11b on Mon Jun 03 2013, 22:13; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.twinlinkedgaming.com
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New, need help with a couple of rules.   New, need help with a couple of rules. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 22:13

All attacks are made with the same weapon, I believe Rogue Trader worked differently, at least one from each
That is correct, poison doesnt work on tanks
A squad can throw one grenade, in shooting, each model can use one in close combat
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: New, need help with a couple of rules.   New, need help with a couple of rules. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 22:15

Page 61 of the rulebook. In cc one grenade per model equipped with them, one model in the unit can choose to throw a grenade instead of shooting a weapon during the shooting phase.
Back to top Go down
doomseer11b
Sybarite
doomseer11b

PostSubject: Re: New, need help with a couple of rules.   New, need help with a couple of rules. I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03 2013, 22:27

Thanks Ivan
Back to top Go down
https://www.twinlinkedgaming.com
geoff877
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New, need help with a couple of rules.   New, need help with a couple of rules. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 20:16

Awesome thanks guys. One more question, I have checked the rule book and it says when a vehicle has lost all hull points, the crew is slain. I take this as they don't get any armor saves, but my friend begs to differ and believes that I should be taking my armor saves if, for example: a raider full of Wyches is killed - they would not get armor saves?
Back to top Go down
rotforge
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: New, need help with a couple of rules.   New, need help with a couple of rules. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 21:41

Crew means imaginary guys operating the vehicle not the unit inside. Once the vehicle explodes, your unit can take armor saves as normal.
Back to top Go down
http://rotforge.blogspot.com
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: New, need help with a couple of rules.   New, need help with a couple of rules. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 22:32

Crew = driver
wyches = passengers
Back to top Go down
geoff877
Slave

PostSubject: Re: New, need help with a couple of rules.   New, need help with a couple of rules. I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04 2013, 23:37

haha WOW. That sure changes things. So when the vehicle is destroyed do I just disembark or do I need to take the armor saves?
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: New, need help with a couple of rules.   New, need help with a couple of rules. I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 05 2013, 01:02

When the vehicle explodes they take as many S4 hits, as there are models, that can be allocated by you and can be saved. The surviving models are placed, where the vehicle used to be.

If the vehicle is wrecked, they take no hits and can disembark up to 3".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New, need help with a couple of rules.   New, need help with a couple of rules. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New, need help with a couple of rules.
Page 1 of 1