THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Couple of Rules questions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PlayableNPC
Hellion
PlayableNPC

Couple of Rules questions Empty
PostSubject: Couple of Rules questions   Couple of Rules questions I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02 2017, 19:13

Last night I played a game against Harlequins. Fun match but some questions came from the battle.

Advance: if a unit advances, can it still shoot albeit at -1BS?
I didn’t see anything in the rule book that allowed this. It came up from Starweavers advancing all up in my deployment zone. Again I saw nothing in the BRB or Index that said they could fire at -1BS after advancing.

If a troupe with a Troupe Master dies but the troop master survives, does the Troop Master test morale in the morale phase? My opponent said no they don’t have to test bc they’re a character and not part of that unit per se. I figured he’d have to test since he was attached to that unit in every part of the game.

Thanks for any and all responses.
Back to top Go down
yellabelly
Sybarite
yellabelly

PostSubject: Re: Couple of Rules questions   Couple of Rules questions I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 02 2017, 19:59

I don't speak Harlequin, but if the troop master is a unit champion then yes he will suffer morale. If the troop master is a character than he isn't part of the unit and deploys, moves, advances charges etc separately from the unit and so wouldn't suffer morale for the units casualties.
If a weapon is an assault weapon then yes, it can be fired at - 1 to hit after advancing. Rapid Fire, Heavy, Pistols etc cannot. The rules for weapon types are listed in the shooting phase section of the rulebook.
Back to top Go down
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior
Xm0shcryptX

PostSubject: Re: Couple of Rules questions   Couple of Rules questions I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03 2017, 04:36

I am fairly certain the shuriken cannons are considered assault weapons on the star weavers so yes they can advance and shoot on a 4+.

As for the other question: say you have a 6 man troupe squad and a troupe master near by, the unit loses 3. They must take a morale at -3 I believe they can utilize the masters Ld if he is close enough, but since he is a character he himself would never take a moral test because he is his own unit
Back to top Go down
PlayableNPC
Hellion
PlayableNPC

PostSubject: Re: Couple of Rules questions   Couple of Rules questions I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03 2017, 04:47

Awesome. That sounds about right and makes sense. Sadly he couldn’t explain it that way and couldn’t find the rules for it. Now that I know I’ll let him know. It wouldn’t have changed the outcome of the game (i won!) but still good to know.

Back to top Go down
Massaen
Klaivex
Massaen

PostSubject: Re: Couple of Rules questions   Couple of Rules questions I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03 2017, 12:37

Shuriken cannons are indeed assault weapons - check out the shooting section of the rules which explains that you can advance and still fire these at a penalty

As others have said, the masters is a character who acts independent of a unit (make sure he rolls seperate for charges and advances!). Unless he has a rule allowing it (he doesn't from memory) then his ld isn't relevant to the unit and they can't use it
Back to top Go down
http://objectivesecured.com.au/
Squidmaster
Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Couple of Rules questions   Couple of Rules questions I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 03 2017, 13:08

To clarify, there is no "attached to the unit" anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://www.escelionfilms.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couple of Rules questions   Couple of Rules questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Couple of Rules questions
Page 1 of 1