THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

couple of quick questions

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
theredone
Hellion

couple of quick questions Empty
PostSubject: couple of quick questions   couple of quick questions I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30 2013, 08:40

Hi All,

have been lurking on this forum ever since ive been activley seeking an army to buy(bout 9 months now). ive finally got a decent amount of gear to make a semi-competitive and fun list!!! Smile

anyways im sure this has been discussed many times but i cannot find a rule reference for it. can somone point me to where it is stated that our jetbikes get the 2d6 move in assault phase, similar to that of the eldar? furthermore im assuming this can be done even after turbo-boosting?

and one other thing, i suppose its 40k related in general but when deep-striking, the vehicle counts as moving at cruising speed, so our skimmers can still fire 2 weapons at full BS, but the effect of cruising speed carries over to the passengers as well right? so they would only be able to snap fire on the turn they arrive?

in my newbness there might be a few more questions to follow, sorry :S

thanks in advance

red

P.S. have come over from the C:SM side, Black Templar for about 3 years, the "new dex" was the final straw that sent me over your way Smile
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

PostSubject: Re: couple of quick questions   couple of quick questions I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30 2013, 09:16

p.45 of the main rulebook, bottom right:
- Eldar (and Dark Eldar) Jetbikes - "...jetbikes may move up to 2d6" in the Assault phase..."

and then just above it, top right:
- Turbo-Boost - "...jetbikes therefore cannot shoot, charge, or execute any other voluntary action for the rest of the turn after turbo-boosting."

So since turbo-boosting happens before the assault-move, they can't do it.

And yeah if a transport moves at speed X, the passengers are always considered to have moved at speed X as well.

Host of Shattered Purity - Chaos Daemons
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: couple of quick questions   couple of quick questions I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30 2013, 14:25

If we're putting some general questions here can anyone tell me why a bastion provides a 3+ cover save for vehicles obscured by it?

Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: couple of quick questions   couple of quick questions I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30 2013, 17:38

The Red King wrote:
If we're putting some general questions here can anyone tell me why a bastion provides a 3+ cover save for vehicles obscured by it?

Because it's a fortification and the cover save chart on page 18 says fortifications give 3+ cover.

theredone
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: couple of quick questions   couple of quick questions I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31 2013, 03:21

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: couple of quick questions   couple of quick questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

couple of quick questions
Page 1 of 1