THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1500pts Kabal of Doooooom

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

1500pts Kabal of Doooooom Empty
PostSubject: 1500pts Kabal of Doooooom   1500pts Kabal of Doooooom I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 09:11

HQ:
Archon: huskblade, combat drugs, soul-trap, phantasm grenade launcher, shadow field

Haemonculus: power weapon, liquefier gun, shattershard

Elites:
Incubi (9): klaivex, demiklaives, onslaught
Raider: torment grenade launchers, flickerfield

Troops:
Wracks (9): liquefier gun
Raider

Kabalite warriors (10): splinter cannon, sybarite, agoniser
Raider: flickerfield

Kabalite warriors (10): blaster, dark lance

Fast attack:
Reavers (6): 2x heat lance

Heavy support:
Ravager: flickerfield

Voidraven bomber: Flickerfield

1499pts

Fairly simple stuff:

Archon goes with the Incubi and they surge straight at the opponent's biggest shiniest HQ, the Archon huskblades the HQ and gets stronger and the Incubi take care of the unit it's joined to.

Haemonculus goes with Wracks (hence the power weapon instead of agoniser as they'll have furious charge), and they clear out cover and hordes with their liquefiers, and if any storm-shield terminators and the like turn up, the Haemonculus gets them with the shattershard.

Raider Warriors support with splinter weaponry, blaster for tanks and agoniser for assault support.

Foot warriors hold home objectives while putting out anti-tank fire and if need be a few splinter shots.

Reavers, Ravager and Voidraven do the obvious and go for the tanks/big guys. The Reavers can sweep-attack if I need to kill some more dudes.
Back to top Go down
General Smooth
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Kabal of Doooooom   1500pts Kabal of Doooooom I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 13:41

Its a good start but there is also a lot you can do. I'll try to explain my reasoning.

As you have nothing to destroy av in cc I'm assuming Reavers kill landraiders etc and all your dark lances (dl) kill light tanks. You also don't have throw away vehicles to interdict movement so you need more dl!

9 incubi is massive overkill especially with archon.

Suggestion: If you drop it down to one unit of 3 and one of 4 you are nearly able to afford another transport and hence another DL. Also it makes them a less obvious target and you get redundancy. As is your opponent won't have much trouble deciding what to shoot first "ill shoot at the 400pt unit in the paper airplane please"

I was tempted to put a liquifier gun and shattershard on a haemi too. The liqui gun is so good and the shattershard is excellent to have around for termies and the like. However its not often enough for me that you will fire a flamer template twice. You have another one if you need it. So I'd recommend drop one. It depends on your playstyle which one.

Not sure about the power weapon either. Considering you will be rerolling wounds against t4 on the charge a venom blade will proide a good return for 5 points. I know the ability to ignore armour is nice but he can be individually targetted as an IC in close combat and if he is too much of a threat (ie has a power weapon) he will be and you'll lose the model quickly. However with a venom blade you don't lose much efficiency, save 10 points (there's your ride for the second unit of Incubi) and make it a less investment for your opponent.

I know these suggestions weaken the effect you wanted for your haemonculus nasty but its too much of an investment as is. If you really want haemis to play a powerful role take 2 and split the wrack squad. You could have 2 units of 2 flamers with 2 pain tokens each.

Troops -

Wracks - I can't logically really fault 9 wracks with a haemi. If that's your style kewl - i don't like them personally though. Another large investment for a unit relying on a paperplane to do the job. This is especially true as you only have one! As smaller unit is a tougher target to choose for an opponent.

First
kabalite unit - drop the saybarite with the agoniser - if these guys get in cc you have done a few things wrong. Despite a decent ws and initiative they just can't take the hit back and will be broken like a biscuit. If you want a leadership boost put grisly trophies on your vehicles that will be in proximity. This means that several units can benefit not just the unit with the saybarite. There are plenty of discussions around flickerfields I'm not a fan but there ya go.

As for the splintercannon the double splinter cannon on the venom overshadows mostly anything you can do with warrior ranged anti infantry shooting because if you move 6 there rate of fire is reduced and if you move 12 they have to get out to shoot and with so few units in your list at the moment you don't want them getting out.

You dark lance troops don't have a vehicle - as vehicles are hard to kill in 5th edition if you can take one you should try. If you want foot warriors you'll need a larger squad to survive.
The blaster is give a poor return on a foot unit as it will have trouble getting into position to fire. This is further amplified by the fact the DL needs you to stay still to fire.

so my suggestion for troops - more smaller squads with more vehicles. Target saturation, redundancy with things like grisly trophies, more survivable, more movement options. A mixture of venoms and raiders would be good. You lack ranged anti infantry bar bladevaning reavers. At 1500 4 troops should be enough.

reavers fine, ravager i'd suggest a night shield rather than a flickerfield but its a personal choice. Void raven is your personal choice too. They are not popular becuase of the point efficiency of ravagers but some swear by them. I don't like them as 145 points for 2 guns that can be stunned sooooo easily. anywhos!

Hope that gives you some ideas. Good luck

Back to top Go down
Anggul
Sybarite
Anggul

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Kabal of Doooooom   1500pts Kabal of Doooooom I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 14:11

Thanks for the comments. I don't try to take loads of raiders for the dark lances as I don't expect them to survive. They are for going flat-out at the start and getting me into position, past that they can blow up or they can survive and I'll make some use of them, but either way I'm not too bothered.

I know where you're coming from about the haemonculus, I was questioning myself on the wisdom of taking two template weapons, but one liquefier in the squad doesn't seem enough, and annoyingly I can't have 2 and still have the Haemonculus with them, any experience on how well a squad with one liquefier does?

I'm not too worried about the Incubi getting shot on their way up, as they'll be out of as much line of sight as possible, and with a 4+ flat-out cover save. However, I understand that the number of them is probably really overkill, what have people found to be the most efficient number of Incubi? I figure I need more than is needed to kill the enemy as I'm probably going to take a couple of casualties at some point. If I lose some Incubi, I'll beef up the foot Warriors to make them more resilient.

Back to top Go down
General Smooth
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Kabal of Doooooom   1500pts Kabal of Doooooom I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 28 2011, 15:31

fair enough but i think you'll struggle with tanks against good players.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1500pts Kabal of Doooooom   1500pts Kabal of Doooooom I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1500pts Kabal of Doooooom
Page 1 of 1