THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar List - 40k In 40 Minutes

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mozzy
Slave
Mozzy

Dark Eldar List - 40k In 40 Minutes Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar List - 40k In 40 Minutes   Dark Eldar List - 40k In 40 Minutes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 03:21

Hey guys,
My gaming club is running a "40k In 40 Minutes" tournament, and I am looking for some feedback and constructive criticism on my list.

Firstly, if you don't know what 40k in 40 Minutes is, its an old ruleset from 4th Edition that was designed for small, very quick games. My gaming club has adapted it for 6th Edition, and are using the following rules:

- Points limit of 500 points
- You MUST have at least one Troops choice
- You may have UP TO ONE HQ choice, but NO MORE THAN ONE
- You may spend your remaining points on anything in the codex, buy you are limited to a maximum of TWO ENTRIES EACH from Elites, Fast Attack, & Heavy Support
- No special characters
- No models with more than 2 Wounds
- No models with a 2+ Armour Save
- No models with a 3+ Invulnerable Save or better
- No Flyers
- No Fortifications
- No vehicles with a total armour value greater than 33 (calculated by adding the front, side, and rear armour values together, only counting the side armour ONCE )
- No models may be held in Deep Strike or Reserves
- All non-vehicle units are scoring units
- Warlords and Warlord Traits are not used, but an overall commander for your force must be chosen. If you take a HQ unit then this will always be the commander, if not then it will be the squad leader with the highest leadership. If this is a draw then simply choose one (Please note that if your selected units come no squad leaders as standard, then one must be purchased as an upgrade in order to use as the commander).

Battles are played on a 2x4 Battlefield, with opponents arrayed opposite each other with a 12 inch deployment zone each.
Roll a D6 to determine mission:
1. Annihilation
o One dead unit is one victory point, they player with the most victory points at the end wins.
o Ties are broken by whoever has more non-fleeing units in the enemy deployment zone.
o Complete victory; if your opponent has no models left on the table not falling back you win.  
2. King of the Hill
o There is a single objective placed in the centre of the board. Whoever controls this at the end of the game wins.
o Ties are broken by having more scoring units within range of the objective than your opponent. In the event that this still leads to a tie, it is broken by whoever has more non-fleeing units in the enemy deployment zone.
o Complete victory; if your opponent has no models left on the table not falling back you win.
3. Assassination
o Whoever manages to kill the opposing commander wins the game.
o Ties are broken by whoever has more non-fleeing units in the enemy deployment zone.
4. Capture The Flag
o Each team attempts to grab the flag placed in the centre, and bring it back to their own deployment zone. The flag is carried just like a relic in the main rulebook. Upon scoring, the flag is replaced in the centre and the game continues as normal.
5. Behind Enemy Lines
o The first player to have an INFANTRY unit entirely in their opponents deployment zone and touch his table edge wins the scenario
6. Red vs.Blue
o Each Player has an Objective in the centre of their deployment zone that is about the size of a Space Marine. To win each player must destroy their opponents objective.
o The objective has the following stats: Toughness: 4, Wounds: 3, Armour Save: 5+

Anyway, on to my list:

10x Kabalite Warriors
- Sybarite
- 1x Blaster
- 1x Splinter Cannon
- Raider Transport
- Splinter Racks
- Flickerfield  - 205 Points
5x Kabalite Warriors
- 1x Blaster
- Venom Transport
- Splinter Cannon - 125 Points

5x Kabalite Warriors
- 1x Blaster
- Venom Transport
- Splinter Cannon - 125 Points

TOTAL - 455 POINTS

I am really struggling on what to spend those last 45 points on. Thoughts?
Thanks in advance guys.

Last edited by Mozzy on Sat Jul 06 2013, 02:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ben_S
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar List - 40k In 40 Minutes   Dark Eldar List - 40k In 40 Minutes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 08:35

Tough one given the various restrictions. My first thought would be that a Talos would be great on the small board, but it's ruled out Sad

For your 35 points I guess the obvious options are either 3 Wracks or some upgrades on the vehicles/Sybarite.
Back to top Go down
Ollelta
Kabalite Warrior
Ollelta

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar List - 40k In 40 Minutes   Dark Eldar List - 40k In 40 Minutes I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 04 2013, 19:02

Quote :
5. Behind Enemy Lines
o The first player to have a scoring unit entirely in their opponents deployment zone and touch his table edge wins the scenario

on a 2'x4' board?

...so, a Reaver squad, moves 12" then turbo boosts up to 36". Is my maths wonky or is that a turn one victory? Seems slightly broken.

But yes, I'd be tempted to bring along some reavers instead of the third warrior squad, 6 reavers, 2 blasters, 162pts.

(Edit) Also, unless you've got some unlisted wargear on your sybarite shouldn't that squad be 205 points?
Back to top Go down
Mozzy
Slave
Mozzy

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar List - 40k In 40 Minutes   Dark Eldar List - 40k In 40 Minutes I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 05 2013, 03:08

Ollelta wrote:
Quote :
5. Behind Enemy Lines
o The first player to have a scoring unit entirely in their opponents deployment zone and touch his table edge wins the scenario

on a 2'x4' board?

...so, a Reaver squad, moves 12" then turbo boosts up to 36". Is my maths wonky or is that a turn one victory? Seems slightly broken.

But yes, I'd be tempted to bring along some reavers instead of the third warrior squad, 6 reavers, 2 blasters, 162pts.

(Edit) Also, unless you've got some unlisted wargear on your sybarite shouldn't that squad be 205 points?

I hadn't even considered that. You're absolutely right, it is broken. We obviously need to change those victory conditions somehow. Perhaps by changing it to only infantry units?

You're also right about the Sybarite. D'oh! tongue
I've edited the original post to correct this.

PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar List - 40k In 40 Minutes   Dark Eldar List - 40k In 40 Minutes I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar List - 40k In 40 Minutes
Page 1 of 1