THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief

Go down 
+10
Scarsminimadness
RedRegicide
|Meavar
Lord Asvaldir
Siticus the Ancient
Calyptra
Von Snabel
wormfromhell
Kantalla
Nathelis
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Nathelis
Slave
Nathelis

Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29 2018, 16:13

Dear fellow Archons,

I want to present you my latest painting projects, its an alliance between my Kabal of the soulless void and the Wych Cult of the red Grief. At the moment I have not so many Miniatures painted but the army will be soon growing (started collecting two weeks ago). After two games with the dark eldar I am entirely hooked on the fast and risky playstyle (played only Imperial Guard before) and also I have a feeling that these are the best Miniatures GW has ever made.

Lets show some pictures:

My Archon (to be named...)

Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Img_8310
Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Img_8311

Archon and Succubus together
Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Img_8315

The 5 man kabalite squad:
Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Img_8312Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Img_8314

So far my collection:

Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Img_8313

Next up is some scourges or possibly some Wyches! Stay tuned
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29 2018, 19:41

Those looks fantastic. The blending of a pale grey/white is really smooth and the overall effect is impressively eyecatching.

Also neat to see a new project log. Will look forward to new arrivals.

Back to top Go down
wormfromhell
Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29 2018, 20:20

beautiful. more!!!!!

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
Von Snabel
Kabalite Warrior
Von Snabel

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 29 2018, 20:28

Absolutly stellar job there, mate!
Really nice job on the gradient colour change overall. And superb shading on the Succubus!

Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30 2018, 03:43

These are just lovely.

Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30 2018, 06:46

Very lovely stuff, great contrast that really makes all the little jagged edges pop. Dark Eldar line is very good for this kind of painting.

Nathelis
Slave
Nathelis

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 30 2018, 20:59

thanks for the overwhelming feedback! Now i´m struggling a bit with the scourge wings...thoughts?

Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Scourg10
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 31 2018, 21:51

Hm, going with the scheme that your kabalites have, I'd suggest keeping with the icy blues of the cloth and hair for the wings too, perhaps a tone darker if you want to distinct them. The purple to me seems to draw the eye too much away from the rest of the model and is overpowering the composition.

Try taking the picture and just editing the wings in photoshop before committing, see how it feels with the blue wings. You could also try going for dark gray as well, if you wish to keep in tone with the uniform, you can really experiment quite a bit without a single brushstroke (unlike me, who experiments straight on the figure and later regrets it). Figuring out the schemes that work fantastically is really not a simple task!

Nathelis
Slave
Nathelis

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 01 2018, 12:11

the purple is actually the second main color of the army since it is the skincolor so should overall not harm the look. I will finish the whole model and then see how it looks. repainting the wings only takes 25mins per side.

Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02 2018, 00:07

Man that is a beautiful color scheme, I don't think I could manage that sweet black to grey to white blending you have there. For the scourge I agree with Siticus, the dark purple seems a little distracting while the ice blue looks perfect. I don't think there would be anything wrong with painting both sides of the wings the icey blue.

I also really like that archon pose, honestly might have to steal that.

Slave
Nathelis

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02 2018, 07:34

I am a bit confused are you talking about the back side of the wing because this is unpainted yet. only the left in front is painted.

Hekatrix
|Meavar

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 02 2018, 09:35

Nathelis wrote:
I am a bit confused are you talking about the back side of the wing because this is unpainted yet. only the left in front is painted.

Your unpainted wing looks better than most of my painted models :'(
Back to top Go down
Nathelis
Slave
Nathelis

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 03 2018, 16:14

I have finished the solarite...now unto the 9 others from the squad...uh oh

Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Img_8316
Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Img_8317
Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Img_8319
Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Img_8318
Back to top Go down
RedRegicide
Wych
RedRegicide

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 03 2018, 19:22

Gorgeous models

Sybarite
wormfromhell

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 03 2018, 19:26

The brass goes really well with the grey, black, and purple (or blue? I'm colourblind).

DISCLAIMER - I will not be liable for assassinations, gang warfare, murders, turf disputes, drug &/or weapon theft, petty theft, torture or any other actions. If you have any problems, you can take it up with my Incubi.

PLOG- Ghosts of the Webway
Back to top Go down
Nathelis
Slave
Nathelis

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 16:08

I´m back with 6 finished scourges...now to relax myself I will paint some kabalites Very Happy those scourges took forever (~~8hours per model)...

Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Img_8320
Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Img_8324
Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Img_8321
Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Img_8322
Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Img_8323
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 18:17

They look great!

8 hours per model doesn't seem bad. I generally spend about 10 on a basic model; I'm expecting my own Scourges to take a bit more than that.

Back to top Go down
Scarsminimadness
Slave
Scarsminimadness

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 19:10

Awesome army man!!
Back to top Go down
masamune
Sybarite
masamune

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 25 2018, 21:33

Gradients and contrast on the armors are just really damn good.

Fantastic painting job !

Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief 19121d10 Dark eldars ~4k points / Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief 4eef2c10 Battle sisters ~2k points
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 26 2018, 17:23

Superb scourges! The feathers of the wings have a very cool transitioning effect to them, very nice.

Nathelis
Slave
Nathelis

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04 2018, 12:54

Thanks for the comments!

In the meantime I have pondered a lot on my vehicle scheme and found something that looks very cruel and dark eldar evil style I think...it developed after I got the nice decals and stencils from Fallout Hobbies and then I knew I had to go for maximum contrast black/white to make them really stand out on the table. Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Img_8325
Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Img_8326
Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief Img_8327

Slave
Scarsminimadness

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04 2018, 17:05

So super nice man you really have great talent!!
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 04 2018, 21:59

I really like how the cockpit is incorporated into the (freehand?) design work.

Back to top Go down
Nathelis
Slave
Nathelis

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 05 2018, 08:01

Calyptra wrote:
I really like how the cockpit is incorporated into the (freehand?) design work.

yea it looked really weird without that

Slave
Shoryn

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04 2018, 16:16

Hey !
Congrats on your conversion work and painting on these models, they're outstanding.
Just wanted to point out one detail - is that normal that your Archon is missing a part of his cape?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief   Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the soulless Void and Wych Cult of the red Grief
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next