THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting

Go down 
+8
tlronin
Shadows Revenge
Fyrepwetty
SinisterPlank
Tiri Rana
Grumpy Kwi
rider
adreal
12 posters
AuthorMessage
adreal
Hellion

Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting Empty
PostSubject: Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting   Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 13:03

If a haemmie drops the webway portal, would that stop the squad he is with from shooting?? I realise he cannot run, nor fire a weapon, but can the squad still shoot?

Back to top Go down
rider
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting   Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 13:13

yes - it counts as his shooting for the turn, not the squads.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting   Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30 2011, 23:48

I will say the squad can shoot - the model carrying the WWP cannot shoot but only that model (described in the WWP description). The rest of the squad may fire and assault as desired.

"is that it ?" ....
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting   Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 01 2011, 22:02

"A player may choose not to fire with certain models if he prefers..." (BRB p.16)

"Once per game, in your shooting phase, a model with a webway portal may choose to activate it instead of firing." (DE_C p.62)

So the squad fires and the Haemonculus does not, as you may decide not to shoot with him, and as he does not shoot, you may decide to activate the webway portal instead.

I wouldn't use the problem of order against you, but some might. So, make sure to use the WWP the moment, the Haemonulus would shoot normaly, since if a unit shot, it can't shoot again this turn, even if you involuntarily forewent shooting with all models besides your Haemonculus.
And try to not block your own LOS.

SinisterPlank
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting   Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 05 2011, 10:20

Quote :
And try to not block your own LOS

Doesn't actually say anywhere that it blocks line of sight. Do you play it as it's built?
I.E. if one uses the webway portal GW released, it'll block LOS as by True Line of Sight, whereas if you use a blast template, like the codex suggest, it doesn't?
Back to top Go down
Fyrepwetty
Hellion
Fyrepwetty

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting   Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30 2011, 19:49

For wwp, I need my haemi's going all over the place to drive my opponent nuts... if you take 2 or 3 haemi's as an hq, do they need to deploy together?
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting   Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 30 2011, 20:06

no, as they have the IC rule. All buying more of them allows you to have up to 6 in a standard army.

Current List:
First 2k GSC List
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting   Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 01 2011, 08:21

Don't you just love 'm! Very Happy

a1elbow
Kabalite Warrior
a1elbow

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting   Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 02 2011, 07:08

SinisterPlank wrote:
Quote :
And try to not block your own LOS

Doesn't actually say anywhere that it blocks line of sight. Do you play it as it's built?
I.E. if one uses the webway portal GW released, it'll block LOS as by True Line of Sight, whereas if you use a blast template, like the codex suggest, it doesn't?

GW always uses the DE WWP and not the blast template, but it doesn't stop people from debating it. All it says is a similarly sized marker, but it doesn't specify if that is supposed to be strictly horizontal or in all directions.

I use homemade ones that are slightly different, but are about the same height and I would claim cover from it because GW released those things, not me.
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting   Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05 2011, 16:41

Its good topic to post this Q here so: Dose haemonculi dan drop portal from raider after DS with retrofire jets???

To place portal nect to raider after DS, this would be totaly freakin awesome all the way down....DS with portals Twisted Evil Is this fair or illegal??

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting   Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05 2011, 16:59

Specifically in the rules it notes you can't deploy WWP while inside a transport vehicle.

Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting   Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05 2011, 17:19

Ok, to make this clear...

Retrojets don't allow You to disembark after DS, so ...
Thor665 wrote:
Specifically in the rules it notes you can't deploy WWP while inside a transport vehicle.

However, You can do that with Duke, because "normal" DS rules in rulebook allow You to disembark (like from Drop Pod).

This is awesome idea until You realise it's random, so WWP may arrive AFTER units it suppose to carry. I would "guarantee" 1-2 WWP first by deploying them (and make sure to always drop one on first turn, otherwise Your huge Wrack unit etc. may start at board edge).

You MAY do that with one.
Back to top Go down
GrenAcid
Sybarite
GrenAcid

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting   Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 05 2011, 20:27

I think Jes and Phill figure same thing and make that stupid restriction cuz it was little OP Twisted Evil

Ill have to ask my locals if they allow me to do that(dissembark after DS)

Archon of All-seeing Eye Cabal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting   Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haemonculi, Webway portals and squads shooting
Page 1 of 1