THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Aegis lines and a skyfire gun

Go down 
+4
ligolski
Mandor
Vasara
DominicJ
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DominicJ
Wych

Aegis lines and a skyfire gun Empty
PostSubject: Aegis lines and a skyfire gun   Aegis lines and a skyfire gun I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18 2013, 22:00

I'm looking at adding a GBAD system to my army.
I had thought bastion, but after testing the rules for lobbing grenades through windows, thats out.
So, I'm thinking Aegis and a gun manned by, an Archon?
Anyone tried this?
Quad Gun looks better for anti air, but it sort of wastes his BS7, the lascannon still gets a reroll, if not as good, and comes with better Tank killing, but then weight of fire comes to play there.

Looks like a good way of resolving the T1 issue too, all vehicles get a 4+ cover = boom

Thoughts?

Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: Aegis lines and a skyfire gun   Aegis lines and a skyfire gun I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 05:43

RAiders and Venoms are too high to get cover from Aegis. Guadgun is better than Icarus even if you miss something from archons BS. It also can be used more effectively by any Dark Eldar.

Bastion grants cover and LOS block to DE skimmers. Don't put too expencive unit in it at it should be safe. AV14 between our AV10 skimmers does not attract enemy shooting that much if it's not the killies part of your army.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: Aegis lines and a skyfire gun   Aegis lines and a skyfire gun I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 11:29

A quadgun is (almost) always better versus any flyer and against most vehicles and infantry. I'd only consider the Icarus lascannon if manned by an allied Eldar Exarch with fast shot (which is not a bad idea at all if you are considering allies).
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: Aegis lines and a skyfire gun   Aegis lines and a skyfire gun I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 13:11

Lelith on a quadgun is fun as well at BS9 Razz

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Aegis lines and a skyfire gun   Aegis lines and a skyfire gun I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 13:30

yeah but she do be expensive

Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Aegis lines and a skyfire gun   Aegis lines and a skyfire gun I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 17:01

Quad gun can be killed. Realtively easy. Dont forget that.

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Aegis lines and a skyfire gun   Aegis lines and a skyfire gun I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 17:16

Mandor wrote:
A quadgun is (almost) always better versus any flyer and against most vehicles and infantry. I'd only consider the Icarus lascannon if manned by an allied Eldar Exarch with fast shot (which is not a bad idea at all if you are considering allies).
I want to say I saw the math for this worked out, and the Quad gun still did better.

Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Aegis lines and a skyfire gun   Aegis lines and a skyfire gun I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 18:17

Thor665 wrote:
I want to say I saw the math for this worked out, and the Quad gun still did better.

You did, and it was on 3plusplus I believe(link). Smile

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Aegis lines and a skyfire gun   Aegis lines and a skyfire gun I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 19:05

It beats the las against everything but AV14

Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Aegis lines and a skyfire gun   Aegis lines and a skyfire gun I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 19:08

That's what I recalled - though that was about tank hunting and not Fast Shot, which would double up the chances.

That might push the Icarus ahead actually - even compared to the same fast shot on a Quad.

I'm too lazy to do the math for that right now though, but it's my knee-jerk guess.

Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: Aegis lines and a skyfire gun   Aegis lines and a skyfire gun I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 19:08

Yup t7 2w n a 3+sve I usually put it in the rear so hopefully it can fire twice but now I can't justify spending 100 pts on something as fragile as a ravager or even a talos
Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: Aegis lines and a skyfire gun   Aegis lines and a skyfire gun I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 19:10

In my meta I usually see heldrakes and storm ravens so I always rather go with the icrarus but then again lately I just spread out and make the things just hover
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: Aegis lines and a skyfire gun   Aegis lines and a skyfire gun I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 19:33

two of the new fortification sets are 40k legal the rules for them are in the boxes...if tournies allow them that could be interesting too depending on how mamy pts they are

Archon Atersol of the Kabal of the Ebbing Sun
Back to top Go down
Archon_Demetrious
Kabalite Warrior
Archon_Demetrious

PostSubject: Re: Aegis lines and a skyfire gun   Aegis lines and a skyfire gun I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 19 2013, 20:47

Well alot of the acop forts are unmanned so your looking at bs 2 with re-rolls which for all that jut play them with orks lmaooo
Back to top Go down
Mandor
Kabalite Warrior
Mandor

PostSubject: Re: Aegis lines and a skyfire gun   Aegis lines and a skyfire gun I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 20 2013, 16:56

Thor665 wrote:
That's what I recalled - though that was about tank hunting and not Fast Shot, which would double up the chances.

That might push the Icarus ahead actually - even compared to the same fast shot on a Quad.

I'm too lazy to do the math for that right now though, but it's my knee-jerk guess.
It's a shame you can't get Tank Hunters on Eldar Exarchs anymore though. One of the main advantages of the lascannon with Exarch over the quadgun is the range. Nothing in our entire army list even comes close to 96" range. Especially in Hammer and Anvil this can be quite useful.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aegis lines and a skyfire gun   Aegis lines and a skyfire gun I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aegis lines and a skyfire gun
Page 1 of 1