THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

ETC Dark Eldar lists

Go down 
+10
Azdrubael
egorey
Massaen
ravenizer
Mushkilla
Sky Serpent
the_dukes_scion
El_Jairo
Vasara
Phiandros
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

ETC Dark Eldar lists - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ETC Dark Eldar lists   ETC Dark Eldar lists - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10 2013, 16:01

Hard to call team lists "best", as DE are almost always defenders and not all comers in team event.

So they will be placed against foot or high toughnes army, and hence to support their team and get best score they have to take Venom Spam or other Poison Spam.

Keep that in mind while judging those lists, they arent designed as all comers, they designed to wreck specific lists.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: ETC Dark Eldar lists   ETC Dark Eldar lists - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10 2013, 21:09

Mushkilla wrote:
Thanks for the report!

Vasara wrote:
He made hsk saves of 3+ with mark of tzeensch and 4+ fnp.
Hsk as in Huskblade? How d
id he get FNP against it? *confused*
hsk=his. Stupid auto correct.

finland won Against romania and Belarus today and is Going To play Against Ireland Tomorrow. I won my First Game Against nids and drawd Against DA Ig With 4++ blob and two punishers. I waswinning big but last turn wendettadrop cost me a relic.

ETC 2015 Captain, Eldar/DE (10th)
Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: ETC Dark Eldar lists   ETC Dark Eldar lists - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 15:53

Ok. Here are some more detailed reports of my games:

1st game was against Wales Ork/Tau list:
PLAYER 2: (Richard ‘Rickrolla’, Morgan)
ARMY PRIMARY DETACHMENT DESCRIPTION : (codex Orks)
ARMY ALLIED DETACHMENT DESCRIPTION : (codex Tau Empire)
PRIMARY DETACHMENT:
HQ1 - Warlord : Warboss Warbike PowerKlaw Cyborg Body [135]
HQ2 : Warboss Warbike PowerKlaw Cyborg Body [135]
Elite1 : 9 Lootas, Deffguns [135]
Elite2 : 9 Lootas, Deffguns [135]
Troop 1 : 20 shoota boys Shootas Nob Bosspole 2 big shootas [145]
Troop 2 : 20 shoota boys Shootas Nob  Bosspole 2 big shootas [145]
Troop 3 : 20 shoota boys  Shootas Nob  Bosspole 2 big shootas [145]
PRIMARY TOTAL [975 pts]
ALLIED DETACHMENT:
HQ1 : ethereal  [50]
Elite1 : XV104 Riptide Ion Accelerator  Twin-Linked Fusion Blaster Early Warning Override Velocity Tracker [210]
Troop 1 : 17 Kroot Kroot Hound [107]
Troop 2 : 17 Kroot Kroot Hound [107]
FA1 : 6 Pathfinders [66]
HS1: 3 XV88 Broadsides Twin-Linked Smart Missile SystemsTwin-Linked High-Yield Missile Pods Early Warning Override 4 Missile Drones [258]
ALLIED TOTAL [798 pts]
FORTIFICATION : Skyshield Landing Pad [75]
ARMY TOTAL [1,848 pts]

I managed to won the roll for sides and made him deploy in a corner with large building and he was forced to place his Skyshield to almost far corner of my deployment zone. I even won the roll to go first but gave it to him. He deployed his Lootas, Broadsides and the Riptide to the landingpad and 2 units of Boyz below. I deployed so that Riptide was the only one that had range to shoot me. It hit, but I passed my flicker saves. In return I stayed on my side making the old spearhead deployment to look like more Hammer and anvil. In return fire I killed 2 Lootas with my spinner. They held. His turn he outflanked two Kroots to my back lines glancing spinner, who wa out of site of the riptide to death. I then killed his kroots and one unit of orks that was too near me. My side had 3 objectives against his 2 but neither of us could go near the other army. In the end he tried to close on me with his riptide but I managed to shoot it down on last turn. Same time I managed to kill his Warboss (scoring) from one of his objective, but there were also boyz and I ran out of guns to shoot it. My jetbikes turboed on to his landing pad contesting an objective beneath it. He forgot to block the second floor. I had a solid win on objectives with 3 to 1 but mission was big guns and he managed to kill 3 of my 4 heavy supports. 12-8 Victory in the end for me but Finland lost the Round.

The second game was against Czech and their Deamons list
PLAYER 3: Petr "Sabre" Hořák
ARMY PRIMARY DETACHMENT DESCRIPTION : Daemons of chaos
ARMY ALLIED DETACHMENT DESCRIPTION : Chaos space marines
PRIMARY DETACHMENT:
HQ1 - Warlord : Lord of Change, 2x grater reward [270pts]
HQ2 : Bloodthrister, 2x greater rewards [290pts]
Troop 1 : 10x Plaguebearers of Nurgle [90pts]
Troop 2 : 10x Plaguebearers of Nurgle [90pts]
HS1: Deamon Prince, Mark of Tzeentch, lvl1 Psyker, warp-forged armour, demonic flight, 2x greater reward total [295pts]
HS2: Deamon Prince, Mark of Tzeentch, warp-forged armour, demonic flight, 2x greater reward total [270pts]
HS2: Deamon Prince, Mark of Tzeentch, warp-forged armour, demonic flight, 2x greater reward total [270pts]
PRIMARY TOTAL [1575pts]
ALLIED DETACHMENT:
HQ1 : Demon Prince, Mark of Tzeentch, Power armour, wings, Ichor blood total [225pts]
Troop 1 : 1x Cultistis [50pts]
ALLIED TOTAL [270pts]
Total [1850pts]

Mission was killpoits (max 6) and 3 objectives.
I won the roll to go first and deployed very aggressively in Vanguard deployment. He managed to deploy his 6 fmc so that I could shoot only one of them but I didn’t manage to kill it. It flew out of the board on first turn to safety. Others speeded towards me and shoot down a Venom. On next turn I I could get all my forces to shoot his monsters and I was able to force one to the ground, but 3+/5++ fnp4+ proved to be quite difficult get the wounds through. Mark of Tzeentch reroll 1’s didn’t help me. No dead monsters. He then killed only one Venom due bad luck with his dice rolls. By turn 5 I had managed to kill Lord of Chance, Bloodthirster and one Deamon prince. He had his three reminding monsters on my three objective attacking my troops while taking last one with blaguebearers. They had 5 wounds left together. We rolled for thoe game to continue. 2, it didn’t. He had just 6 killpoints more than I did and that last objective. I was leading quite nicely on th 4th edition victorypoints, but still it was a 5-15 loss for me. Our other games went better and we were able to win the round.

3rd game was against Romania. I think their captain was very tired from last night and I was paired against Tyranids.

PLAYER 2: (Bogdan , Zazzel , Zanfir)
ARMY PRIMARY DETACHMENT DESCRIPTION : Tyranids
PRIMARY DETACHMENT:
HQ1 : Warlord 1 Hive Tyrant, 260 pts = ( TL Devourer w/Brainleech Worms, Wings) Paroxism, Leech Essence
HQ2 : 1 Hive Tyrant, 260 pts = (TL Devourer w/Brainleech Worms, Wings) Paroxism, Leech Essence
Elite1 : 1 The Doom of Malan'tai, 90 in Transport 1
Elite2 : 2 Hive Guard Brood, 100 pts
Elite 3 : 3 Hive Guard Brood, 150 pts
Troop 1 : 10 Termagant Brood, 50 pts
Troop 2 : 10 Termagant Brood, 50 pts
Troop 3 : 1 Tervigon, 195 pts = (Adrenal Glands + Toxin Sacs + Catalyst)
Troop 4 : 1 Tervigon, 195 pts = (Adrenal Glands + Toxin Sacs + Catalyst)
FA1: 16 Gargoyle Brood, 112 pts
HS1: 2 Biovore Brood, 90 pts
HS2: 2 Biovore Brood, 90 pts
HS3: 2 Biovore Brood, 90 pts
Transport1 : Mycetyc Spore 40 pts
Fortification Skyshield Landing Pad 75 pts
PRIMARY TOTAL [ 1847 pts ]

Mission was three objectives, two of them Emperors will and one crusade in the middle of the board. He went first and placed his skyshield with Biovores left of the center and Tervigons on the right. Both Hiveguard were also on the left of his DoW deployment. I deployed out of range of Biovores with the aid of night shields. On his turn both tervigins dried up and flyrants flew to the left of my forces. Seeing that both of those flyrants vere unable vector strike me next turn I Shoot tervigon down for first blood and charged to the side of advancing Gargoyles. My charge was way too successful killing 13 gargoyles in I6 step. Birds and the rest of the gargoyles were unable to consolidate together so the combat ended after turn one. On his second turn he got his Doom of Malantai from reserves and managed to land it next to my beastherd. 4++ on Khymerae saved me from total disaster and only lost one of them. Biovores managed to pin beasts right next to the Malantai. Both flyrants attacked to my left flank killing 2 venoms. On my turn I only moved 6” with most of my Venoms to be able to shoot the flyrants and I was able to kill first of them with last possible shot. Doom of Malantai survived 3 lance shots towards it. Also my own night spinner killed a flock of birds with unlucky scatter. Next turn he continued to push with his reminding flyrant who again killed a Venom. Malantai ran to hiding behind its mycetic spore and was just out of 6” from beast pack. I managed to shoot down the last flyrant but the Malantai still survived 3 lance shots and a blaster for a turn. Beast ran from the Malantai to safety. At this point I had left 3 of my troops in a venom and all of ma ravagers and the spinner, beast herd, baron, Farseer and windraiders so it was real easy game for my. On our sixth turn He had killed all of my troops with Biovores right when they came out of Venoms to objectives. I had killed his second Tervigon from objective and forced a ld-check on 4 of his reminding squads and he had no Synapse on the board. He passed them all. Still it was a easy 16-4 win for me. Finland also won the round.

Stay tuned for the last three tomorrow.

Fixed point costs. - Mush

Painting blog

Last edited by Vasara on Wed Aug 14 2013, 17:24; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: ETC Dark Eldar lists   ETC Dark Eldar lists - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 16:32

Vasara, you cant post detailed upgrade points. Either you or a mod have to remove them.

Appreciate your effort in posting these tho! I followed as closely as i was able to but still, nothinglike this!

I know you were just trying to help. But please don't back seat moderate (it's against forum rules). Just report the post in future (using the report button, the "!" icon next to posts) and a moderator will deal with it. We can deal with it a lot faster that way. Thanks. Wink - Mush
Back to top Go down
Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: ETC Dark Eldar lists   ETC Dark Eldar lists - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15 2013, 10:23

Fair enuf Mush! Wanted to give Vasara a chance to change it himself. There's always a next time!
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: last games   ETC Dark Eldar lists - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16 2013, 13:11

Story continues. Sorry about the mistake with points. Totally overlooked it and was in a hurry to leave computer.

Next we played against Belarus and my opponent was DA/IG

PLAYER 1: Yaroslav "Jarek" Dmitriev
ARMY PRIMARY DETACHMENT DESCRIPTION : Dark Angels
ARMY ALLIED DETACHMENT DESCRIPTION : Imperial Guard
PRIMARY DETACHMENT: Dark Angels
HQ1: Azrael (Warlord) [215 pts]
HQ2: Ezekiel [145 pts]
Troop 1: Ravenwing Attack Squadron, 4 bikes, combi-melta, meltagun x2[137 pts]
Troop 2: Ravenwing Attack Squadron, 4 bikes, combi-melta, meltagun x2[137 pts]
Troop 3: Ravenwing Attack Squadron, 4 bikes, combi-plasma, plasmagun x2[147 pts]
HS1: Whirlwind [65 pts]
Primary Total: [846 pts]
ALLIED DETACHMENT: Imperial Guard
Allied HQ1 : Company Command Squad, Commander with bolter [52 pts]
Allied Troops2a : Platoon command squad, Flamers x4, Platoon Commander with bolter[52 pts]
Allied Troops2b : Infantry squad, 10 Guardsmen, 1 Autocannon, 1 Power Axe, Melta-bomb[75 pts]
Allied Troops2c : Infantry squad, 10 Guardsmen, 1 Autocannon , 1 Power Axe, Melta-bomb[75 pts]
Allied Troops2d : Infantry squad, 10 Guardsmen, 1 Autocannon, 1 Power Axe, Melta-bomb[75 pts]
Allied Troops2e : Infantry squad, 10 Guardsmen, 1 Autocannon, 1 Power Axe, Melta-bomb[75 pts]
Allied Troops2f : Infantry squad, 10 Guardsmen, 1 Autocannon, 1 Power Axe[70 pts]
Allied Fast Attack1 : Vendetta Gunship [130 pts]
Allied Heavy Support 1 : Leman Russ Squadron, Punisher x2, Sponson Heavy Bolters x2 [400 pts]
Allied Total: [1004 pts]
Army Total: [1850 pts]

The mission was Relic (6 points) with 2 (3 points) crusade objectives, DoW deployment.  Again I went first and deployed to more to the right side.  He deployed his blob with Azrael and Ezekiel to the middle. Then we had a shor conversation how many other models he should deploy as he was going to reserve everything else. In the end he was forced to deploy the punishers behind big building on to the right side in good cover from most of my Lances. 1st turn I proceeded to take the Relic with Wyches and shot 11 kills to his blob. I lost a Venom for first blood in return. Next turn I shot some more but still couldn’t reach relic. I also managed to get difficult and dangerous terrain on the blob to hinder its advance. One Punisher was shaken two times. All of he’s reserves arrived but even the Vendetta failed to do any damage. Bikes turboed to safety behind large building very close to intact Punisher. I gain lost a venom to blob shooting but he rolled only 3 to his difficult terrain and killed 4 guys to dangerous terrain. Next turn. I failed to finish Punisher with one hullpoint. The bikes were in one tight bunch and I managed to get a hit with Spinner to almost all of them killing three of them. For a bonus the barrage also hit intact Punishers side. I rolled 6 to armor penetration, 5 for rending and another 6 for penetration table. It exploded 6” killing still another bike with it. By far the best shot of the tournament with my Night Spinner. I also managed to kill the last punisher with Ravager. It was looking good for me at this point, but he still had his Vendetta full of flamers, Whirlwind and half a blob. All his bikes passed ld10 checks. In the end I charged with Beastherd and Baron the blob to delay it further on coming to the relic. I got it reduced to 3 wounds in addition to Azrael and Ezekiel, but it didn’t manage to ever reach the relic. He’s Whirwind protected the relic for 2 turns when I got to it but last turn I managed to grab it and kill the whirlwind with Ravager. He’s one bike squad was killed in attempt to kill a Ravager by a venom but one managed to reach line breaker while 1 bike was contending one objective in good cover. I had one secured by three troops in the end but I was not able to down the Vendetta and it unloaded the flamers to relic killing my troop carrying it. A draw he got the first blood but I got a lot more 4th ed. victory points making the game draw in the end. Our other games went better and we were able to secure a third win for Team Finland.

Last day of the tournament and we were on the 6th position. Our opponent was Ireland. All of their lists were bad for me and I was paired last and got myself a Tau. My Advice from Team captain was: “Don’t get tabled”
Player 1: Paul Quigley
PRIMARY DETACHMENT TAU
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
HQ1: Commander, Multi Spectrum Sensor Suite, Puretide Engram Neurochip, Iridium Battlesuit, Vectored Retro Thrusters: [150] (warlord)
HQ2: Commander Shadowsun: [135]
Elite1: XV104 Riptide, Ion Accelerator, twin linked fusion blaster, early warning override, velocity tracker [210]
Elite2: XV104 Riptide, Ion Accelerator, twin linked fusion blaster, early warning override, velocity tracker [210]
Elite3: XV104 Riptide, Ion Accelerator, twin linked fusion blaster, early warning override, velocity tracker [210]
Troop1: 6 Fire Warriors in transport 1 [54]
Troop2: 6 Fire Warriors in transport 2 [54]
Troop3: 10 Kroot, sniper rounds [70]
Troop4: 10 Kroot, sniper rounds [70]
HS1: Sky Ray, Twin-linked Smart Missile System, Blacksun Filter, Sensor Spines, Disruption Pod [136]
HS2: Sky Ray, Twin-linked Smart Missile System, Blacksun Filter, Sensor Spines, Disruption Pod [136]
HS3: 3 XV88 Broadsides, 3 High Yield Missile Pods, 3 Velocity trackers, 3 Smart Missile Systems [255]
Transport1: Devilfish: [80]
Transport2: Devilfish: [80]
ARMY TOTAL: [1850]

Mission was Scouring with both two 2 and 3 points objectives one in each corner and two 1 point objectives in the middle. After a small debate and a wrong judge ruling I was able to hand him the first turn with the aid of Baron. He deployed in the center of the board with Vanguard deployment. I deployed as far as I could but it was not enough.  Beasts, Baron and most of my troops stayed in reserve along with the spinner because it was night fight on T1. On his turn He shot all his 12 Sky Ray missiles towards my ravager getting one Lance destroyed, but his infiltrating Broadsides finished the Ravager along with one other with the aid of Riptides. On my turn I started to head towards right with some of my Venoms. He continued to wreck my kites but not with that great speed and I managed to kill All of his bradsides and one riptide in the end. The spinner was almost useless this time but I had it positioned for tank shock on Kroots on his 3points objective but it was smashed down by riptide right before. On other end riptide managed to charge beastpack making them run on T5 but they managed to get back on fight T6 but it was too late gat them to the objective. In the end I had a linebraking Farseer, 2 and 1 points objective against his two 3 points and one 1 point along with first blood. Victory points didn’t have much Effect and the game ended 7-13 loss for me. As a team we draw against the Irish and were 5th overall before last game. We expected to play against Germany last round. Paul was my best opponent during the tournament and even though I lost it was fun game.

Our last opponent wasn’t Germany but England. They put their DE/Eldar list to the front third and I was paired to the mirror match since nobody else had any idea what his list does.

PLAYER 2: Paul Burke
ARMY PRIMARY DETACHMENT DESCRIPTION: Dark Eldar
ARMY ALLIED DETACHMENT DESCRIPTION: Eldar
PRIMARY DETACHMENT:
HQ1: Haemonculus [50pts] (Warlord)
HQ2: Haemonculus [50pts]
Troop 1: Wracks, 3x Wracks [30pts]
Troop 2: Wracks, 3x Wracks, Transport 1 [30pts]
FA1: Reaver Jet Bikes, 9x Reaver Jet Bikes, Arena Champion, 3x Cluster Caltrops, 3x Heat Lance, [304pts]
FA2: Reaver Jet Bikes, 9x Reaver Jet Bikes, Arena Champion, 3x Cluster Caltrops, 3x Heat Lance, [304pts]
FA3: Reaver Jet Bikes, 9x Reaver Jet Bikes, Arena Champion, 3x Cluster Caltrops, 3x Heat Lance, [304pts]
Transport1: Venom, Grisly Trophies, Night Shields, Extra Splinter Cannon, Transport for Troop 2, [80pts]
PRIMARY TOTAL [1152pts]
ALLIED DETACHMENT:
HQ1: Farseer, Singing Spear, Eldar Jetbike, Runes of Witnessing, Runes of Warding, Spirit Stones, Doom, Fortune, [188pts]
HQ1a: Warlock Unit, 7x Warlocks, 7x Jetbikes, 4x Destructor, 1x Enhance, 1x Embolden, 1x Singing Spear [378pts]
Troop 1: Guardian Jetbikes, 3x Guardian Jetbikes [66pts]
Troop 2: Guardian Jetbikes, 3x Guardian Jetbikes [66pts]
ALLIED TOTAL [698pts]
TOTAL [1850]

Mission was killpoints and two objectives in the centers of the reminding deployment zones of 5th edition spearhead. Killpoints was the only mission I had disadvantage against his list. Other vice I hould have been good. I got to go first and deployed very aggressively to the front keeping in mind that this deployment had 17” distance between armies. I also deployed all my troops in Venoms witch I rarely do because of the explosions.  He deployed behind big losblock his Warlocks, farseer and Venom with one troop and both Haemonculi. All bikes were in reserves. On my 1st turn I spread out a bit and shot Warlocks with a spinner killing only one due to not hitting the spot even with twinlinked. He didn’t do almost anything. My next turn was the same. Keeping away from incoming bikes and I shot my spinner to the same spot, but now fortune was on and no kills. on his turn he got in 2 Reaver squads and 1 eldar jetbikes. His warlord trait was Conqueror of the cities so as long as he had one bike on the squad in ruins (plenty of those in our board) he had 2+ cover after turbo boost. He also took he’s fortuned Farseer to my face so that I needed to shoot those first. And I did. I moved my venoms only 6” so that the kabalites could also shoot and even brought the beastpack to shoot and probably charge them afterwards. He lost all but one farseer and I got the first blood. In his turn the reminding farseer speared my venom to immobilization and one Reaver squad exploded another Venom. The two reaver squads managed to bladevane farseer and the bikes leaving one guardian alive. Another squad did the same for my beastpack making 17 S6 wounds to it in addition to 13 S4 ones. The beast and the Baron were no more. Baron died on first attempt of her 2++ against S6. On my turn 4 I killed the Reavers that shot last turn since they were only in 3+ cover, killed the reminding farseer and positioned myself to protect the objective on my side of the board. In the end we had a big cc near that objective as I placed my Spinner right on it and surrounded it with three troops. He tried to charge them with both Haemonculi and Wracks but only managed to inflict on hullpoint damage to Spinner. On my last turn I killed all his troops and both Heamonculi and he was able to blade vane me out of the objective since he had the last turn. In the end he had left only the two Reaver squads in full strength and I had a lot more so I took a slight win in killpoints. Neither of us had any objectives and both got the line breaker. It was a 12-8 victory for me after a very intense game. The team managed to secure a draw again and we were out of podium.

When the organizer started to announce results from bottom to the top we were very glad to hear that England got the 6th place. We were even more thrilled to hear that the Irish were 5th. That meant that we were 4th in the end. The best result for team Finland ever.

I was able to secure 62 mission points out of 120 making 3 victories, 2 losses and a draw. A good result for a first timer playing older codex. The whole team averaged between 8 and 13 /game Tau and SM/TAU making the best points. Next year we want to do better!

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: ETC Dark Eldar lists   ETC Dark Eldar lists - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16 2013, 13:37

Phiandros wrote:
Fair enuf Mush! Wanted to give Vasara a chance to change it himself. There's always a next time!
Don't worry about it. It was good that you pointed it out, it's just If I hadn't been reading this thread I wouldn't have known, given that vassara is in serbia it might not have been able to edit the post for a while, that's why we encourage using the report system, especially with point costs as it's good to fix them ASAP (GW legal and all that). Very Happy

Vassara wrote:
sorry about the mistake with points. Totally overlooked it and was in a hurry to leave computer.
No problem at all, we appreciate that you were in the middle of a tournament in a foreign country and most likely just using the copies of whatever your opponents had given you.

Vassara wrote:
That meant that we were 4th in the end. The best result for team Finland ever.

I was able to secure 62 mission points out of 120 making 3 victories, 2 losses and a draw. A good result for a first timer playing older codex. The whole team averaged between 8 and 13 /game Tau and SM/TAU making the best points. Next year we want to do better!
That's a fantastic showing! Congratulations.

I was hoping you would draw the reaver heavy list of team england(not a fan of his list, but I was curious to see how it played). To beat it on kill points, with fortune and conqueror of cities was quite a feat! Good thing you knew everything there is to know about reavers and how to deal with them, hey? Wink

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Phiandros
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: ETC Dark Eldar lists   ETC Dark Eldar lists - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 16 2013, 18:17

Nice read Vasara and well played. Averaging above 50% as a first timer with difficult matchups is a very good result!
Back to top Go down
Canyoneromikos
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: ETC Dark Eldar lists   ETC Dark Eldar lists - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21 2013, 23:26

There are some absolutely dreadfull lists there.

The vast majority of these lists are not created by dark eldar players and frankly it shows
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: ETC Dark Eldar lists   ETC Dark Eldar lists - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2013, 00:00

Canyoneromikos wrote:
There are some absolutely dreadfull lists there.

The vast majority of these lists are not created by dark eldar players and frankly it shows
Could you elaborate why they are dreadfull and how you know that they are no Dark Eldar players?

Hellion

PostSubject: Re: ETC Dark Eldar lists   ETC Dark Eldar lists - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2013, 14:08

I won't go into why the individual lists, cause i was gunna blog about it on Death or Glory.

With the ETC, teams choose players first, armies second. People decide who will be in the team generally by who does well at tournaments. In England that generally means that people who use Tau/Eldar/Chaos/Necrons get picked for the teams because as their armies are easier to use.

This means that alrthough the teams will have good players that are good at using the above armies, they might not be any good at using the harder to use lists so Dark Eldar, Blood Angels, Sisters of Battle and so on.

Therefore when they build their specialist armies they often make glaring mistakes.

For example the French list has, 3 units of duel Lance trueborn in venoms. On face value thats good, in gaming value there no way to actually put these in a guarenteed usefull position. Units like this need a aegis so you can deploythem in the best possible position without harming their transports manouverability..

I don't see a single wych. In terms of usefullness a unit of warriors with a blaster may look better but in practice, wych's with haywire grenades are much more deadly.

I know this is the etc and they had specific armies this was tailored to beat, but frankly if they had actually asked a good dark eldar general, The total chaf in those lists would have been removed and been made more efficient.
Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion
ravenizer

PostSubject: Re: ETC Dark Eldar lists   ETC Dark Eldar lists - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2013, 14:53

Canyoneromikos wrote:
umm, where does it show? To me, those lists have a concept behind and most of them are thought out. Just becouse I prefer to play another style, it doesn't mean that I think they can't be DE players. So how does true DE player makes his list if I may ask you?

Canyoneromikos wrote:
For example the French list has, 3 units of duel Lance trueborn in venoms. On face value thats good, in gaming value there no way to actually put these in a guarenteed usefull position. Units like this need a aegis so you can deploythem in the best possible position without harming their transports manouverability..
You miss huge list conceptions of those lists. One main thing I learned when playing DE. Our transports are not for transporting infantry. Such DL trueborn might be deployed in cover / behind aegis, w/e else right on board. Beside, do you know how ETC maps look like? They are not rich in areas as you might think, and specific deploying such trueborn has its merits. While I'm not a fan of such trueborn, there is a conception behind that, that some ppl might not see.

Canyoneromikos wrote:
I don't see a single wych. In terms of usefullness a unit of warriors with a blaster may look better but in practice, wych's with haywire grenades are much more deadly.
That's a bit too brave statement, especialy when considering DE army as a whole. When you're considering venom spam as a start point, taking wyches is a bit of a miss hit, becouse you want your army in the back, and if you take nightshields, and you go with wyches forward, wyches will most likely be the only thing they will be able to shoot at anyway, so your opponent is just glad you did what you did. Beside, Wyches are worse objective contenders in every aspect.

Canyoneromikos wrote:
I know this is the etc and they had specific armies this was tailored to beat, but frankly if they had actually asked a good dark eldar general, The total chaf in those lists would have been removed and been made more efficient.
Examples? I hope my tone isn't too offending, but it's realy easy, to think that we know better than more skilled players. Unlike other armies, DE has many tricks beyond army list, that ppl don't realy see.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: ETC Dark Eldar lists   ETC Dark Eldar lists - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2013, 17:35

Here are the total points all these Dark Eldar lists gathered:

Russia: 9 Venoms, 3 Ravagers, Farseer, 3 ejb, warwalkers, Bastion (72/120)
Czech: 5 Venoms, 3 Ravagers, Farseer, 5 warlocks, 3ejb firedragons exarch, bastion (67/120)
Belarus: 3 venoms, 5 gunboats, 3 Ravagers, 10 Khymerae (67/120)
Finland: 7 venoms, 3 Ravagers, beastherd, farseer, 3 ejb, night spinner (63/120)
France: 8 Venoms, 3 Ravagers, 2x3 Reavers, Skyshield, (57/120)
Malta: 6 Venoms, 3 Ravagers, 12 Hellions, 2*6 Reavers (45/120)
England: 1 Venom 2*3wracks 27 Reavers Farseer 7 warlocks 2 x3 ejb: (40/120)
Norway: 9 Venoms, 3 Ravagers, 2 *3 reavers, Vect (32/120)

I only talked to the English player and he said he’s list was designed to tables having more los blocking pieces. He also said that he doesn’t normally play DE. His list was the only one that was totally different of all the other lists.

It also good to notice that England maybe played against harder opponents than others except the Russians. We Finish got three easier opponents and three harder ones (Wales, Ireland and England)

All in all not much variety in those lists 5+ Venoms and 3 Ravagers + added flavor. Canyoneromicos is right that those are not the probably the best list available to DE players.

As a new player to the ETC team I was glad that I could play DE but I was forced a bit to go by teamlearders guidance on list building. They think DE is not very good for TAC lists so my lists was build to counter short range shooting lists that cannot handle MSU very well. My lists was a good lists but certainly not the best possible. (And frankly quite far apart from my usual list) It also effected that I have been playing DE only for 8 months prior the ETC. My “standard” beastherd of Baron 5 khymerae and 4 flocks was a waste of 150 points. The Baron was good but the birds did get to hit only a single time in cc during the whole 6 game tournament. The whole beastherd got in to cc in three different games and lost two of those. One to riptide and one to Azrael and Ezekiel. The only one they won was against gargoyles where baron and the dogs killed 13 models at I6 already and rest were unable to close the cap after pile-ins.

And there were Wyches in at least my list:roll: 

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
fuhrmaaj
Kabalite Warrior
fuhrmaaj

PostSubject: Re: ETC Dark Eldar lists   ETC Dark Eldar lists - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2013, 21:52

For those that were interested in the stats, here is the ETC facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ETC-2013-Novi-Sad/147903428748437

and the results are here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3od94TpMuvcMVlCMF9BTTlZYjQ/edit?pli=1

For Report 2, I believe the report with the number one in parenthesis (1) is the updated report.

Good work at ETC Vasara and thanks for the updates! You said the Beast Pack didn't meet your expectations? What would you have taken instead of the Beast Pack if you could do it over?
Back to top Go down
Obyiscus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: ETC Dark Eldar lists   ETC Dark Eldar lists - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 22 2013, 22:03

the_dukes_scion wrote:
I noticed flicker fields were less than abundant in all these lists. As jink is a cover save, do these lists not expect to cop a lot of ignores cover weapons?
Most of the lists were built around Venoms which all have built in flickerfields.
Back to top Go down
Vasara
Incognito assault marine
Vasara

PostSubject: Re: ETC Dark Eldar lists   ETC Dark Eldar lists - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 23 2013, 07:58

fuhrmaaj wrote:
For those that were interested in the stats, here is the ETC facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/ETC-2013-Novi-Sad/147903428748437

and the results are here:

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B3od94TpMuvcMVlCMF9BTTlZYjQ/edit?pli=1

For Report 2, I believe the report with the number one in parenthesis (1) is the updated report.

Good work at ETC Vasara and thanks for the updates! You said the Beast Pack didn't meet your expectations? What would you have taken instead of the Beast Pack if you could do it over?
Less birds more dogs but that list don't have any spare points to do it. Birds are only needed against AV11 rear armor but I think usually Baron and Farseer (S3 Very Happy ) is enough.

Painting blog
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ETC Dark Eldar lists   ETC Dark Eldar lists - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ETC Dark Eldar lists
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2