THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

2K Dark Eldar, single force org

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
JDent
Slave

2K Dark Eldar, single force org Empty
PostSubject: 2K Dark Eldar, single force org   2K Dark Eldar, single force org I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24 2013, 20:41

Hey guys,

Brand new to Dark Eldar, and I've read a few battle reports and tactics post, so here's the list I'm currently running.  So far, I'm struggling with dealing with AV 14 walls (just played a IG/Ork player with 2 battlewagons, 1 w/ mega armored nobz w/ mega armored warboss, 1 w/ shoota boyz, 2 leman russes, chimeras full of vets w/ plasma guns, and 2 vendettas) but defeated a drop pod Space Wolf army no problem.

Any advice would be appreciated!

HQ
1xBaron Sathonyx
1xHaemonculus w/ liquifer gun

Troops
14xHellions
5xWracks w/ liquifer gun
-Venom, 2x Splinter Cannons, Nightshields
10xKabalite Warrions w/ Splinter Cannon and Blaster
-Raider, Nightshields, Flickerfields
10xKabalite Warrions w/ Splinter Cannon and Blaster
-Raider, Nightshields, Flickerfields
5xKabalite Warriors w/ Blaster

Elites
4xKabalite Trueborn w/ 4xBlasters
4xKabalite Trueborn w/ 4xBlasters

FA
5xScourges, 2xHaywire Blasters

Heavy
Ravager, 3x Dark Lances, Nightshields, flickerfield
Ravager, 3x Dark Lances, Nightshields, flickerfield
Razorwing, 2xDark Lances, 1xSplinter Cannon, Nightshields, flickerfield

Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
El_Jairo
Kabalite Warrior
El_Jairo

PostSubject: Re: 2K Dark Eldar, single force org   2K Dark Eldar, single force org I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25 2013, 12:35

I don't expect those Night Shields to be really useful on warrior Raiders or Venoms: you need to stay about 30+ inch away from the enemy to have a good effect of the shields.
Which means your warriors wont be shooting much.
Same goes for the Blasterborn venoms.

This would buy another 5 wracks, or you could put them in the Hellion squad.

How is this working btw? I'm afraid they are too squishy for their points and their damage potential.

What does the Heamy do after he has given is pain token to the Hellions? I don't see any room in a transport, other than the Blasterborns.

To be able to handle that tank wall. You could consider Wyches with HayWire Grenades or some Reavers with blasters to outflank them and get into their lower armour sides or even rear.

5 Wyches in a Venom are a throw away unit but they could pop a tank with 3HP easely (throw & HWG before assault).

How are those Scourges doing? In my experience they do little damage unless a vehicle is sitting on it's last HP.
So in my book they are also too squishy for what they cost. It is nice that they can deep strike though.
Back to top Go down
JDent
Slave

PostSubject: Re: 2K Dark Eldar, single force org   2K Dark Eldar, single force org I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27 2013, 01:47

Thanks for the reply El_Jairo.

Wracks: Usually I try to place an objective in cover, where the Hellions, Baron, and the Haemy start together. Ideally, the first turn the Hellions move away to harass or engage targets of opportunity, taking the pain token and leaving the Haemy, while the Venom containing the wracks drives up to the objective, drops them off, and the Haemy joins them.

Usually the rest of my army is attracting fire, and the Wracks don't take many shots, and if they do, they go to ground for a 5+/5+ FNP. If anyone comes to assault them, I just hope they get lucky with 2 liquifer gun shots to take care of most non-mob type units.

I've only played a couple of games with them so far, and once it worked beautifully, and the other game was the relic, and they were useless.

Scourges: Yeah, I haven't been impressed with them so far (at least equipped w/ 2 haywire blasters). They can wreck transports pretty well, but 4HP is just too many for them to deal with, and they just aren't durable enough to do much than DS in, shave 2 HP off something, then die. Maybe running more is the key, but that seems to get pricey quick. I'm likely to cut them to try out the suicide Wyches you and others have suggested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2K Dark Eldar, single force org   2K Dark Eldar, single force org I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2K Dark Eldar, single force org
Page 1 of 1