THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

+ The Art of the Realspace Raid +

Go down 
+2
Eldritchwarmaster84
Skari
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Skari
Wych
Skari

+ The Art of the  Realspace Raid +  Empty
PostSubject: + The Art of the Realspace Raid +    + The Art of the  Realspace Raid +  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27 2013, 15:16

Apocalyptic Scale Conflict. The Dark Kin lack some of the brute force that other races bring to bear in open warfare. What the Commanding archon lacks in heavy artillery will be conpensated by the use of surgical strikes towards key targets. The application of force at key location on the battlefield while also using covert tactics and feints to overhwelm and misguide the enemy is of great importance. Welcom to the Art of The Realspace Raid, this thread will be a discussion on how to wage apocalypse games with the dark kin. I do hope that you gain valuable insight into the ways of war and I aim to disprove the notion that the dark eldar are "apocalypse challenged".

Just like in a regular game, the Dark Eldar die fast in apocalypse. This becomes more true with other races as large scale weapons really make a mockery of even the toughest troops.

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Eldritchwarmaster84
Kabalite Warrior
Eldritchwarmaster84

PostSubject: Re: + The Art of the Realspace Raid +    + The Art of the  Realspace Raid +  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27 2013, 17:14

Simple bring 3 carnivals of pain formations, a razorwing formation and lots of jetbikes and criss cross with them( bladevaning) then bring what ever you want
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: + The Art of the Realspace Raid +    + The Art of the  Realspace Raid +  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 27 2013, 20:32

People think DE are weak in Apocalypse?

Back to top Go down
GorlanVance
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: + The Art of the Realspace Raid +    + The Art of the  Realspace Raid +  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2013, 16:23

I think the impression that DE are weak in Apocalypse comes from the fact that they lack any hard hitting apocalypse units. It takes quite a few Ravagers to reliably destroy a manta missile destroyer, warlord titan or similar unit whilst their return fire is rather punishing. Admittedly, dying in droves is the name of the game as Skari says, and that's hardly new for us but much harder on marine armies. Plus we still waste 'nids with little difficulty:twisted: 
Back to top Go down
Obyiscus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: + The Art of the Realspace Raid +    + The Art of the  Realspace Raid +  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2013, 16:36

Webway Strike Force to avoid that first round of shooting. Come out fast and come out hard. Titan Hunter Formations for...well hunting titans Razz My personal favourite thing I have done was against someone with a ton of infantry (I think he was fielding a complete company). They were all close to the back and surrounded my portal. Little did he understand that when all those raiders and ravagers came out they would be tank schocking, with torment grenade launchers. Razz He was so bunched up something like half of the company fled right of the table (ATSKNF doesn't save you when you dont get a chance to regroup Razz)
Back to top Go down
Braden Campbell
Kabalite Warrior
Braden Campbell

PostSubject: Re: + The Art of the Realspace Raid +    + The Art of the  Realspace Raid +  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2013, 20:02

In an Apocalyptic battle, my forces never show up without a Vampire Raider super-heavy flyer... I mean, a Slave-bringer class assault boat (they exist. check Battlefleet Gothic).

Not only does it give us Dark kin a strength D weapon, but it can also ferry 20 infantry models pretty safely to anywhere on the field.
Back to top Go down
GorlanVance
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: + The Art of the Realspace Raid +    + The Art of the  Realspace Raid +  I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 29 2013, 20:09

Isn't the Vampire a Eldar craft? As in Craftworld Eldar craft?
Back to top Go down
Braden Campbell
Kabalite Warrior
Braden Campbell

PostSubject: Re: + The Art of the Realspace Raid +    + The Art of the  Realspace Raid +  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2013, 15:53

Technically... although in a relaxed format such as Apocalypse, you should have very little trouble painting it black and telling people your paid 700+ points for a Slave-Bringer Assault Boat.

Heck, GW seems to think that any army in the game should be feel right at home taking a Khorne Lord of Skulls...
Back to top Go down
Obyiscus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: + The Art of the Realspace Raid +    + The Art of the  Realspace Raid +  I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2013, 16:20

Ya any army can field any formation, and all super heavies are formations.

The Lord of Skulls can be converted into a super talos with a bit of imagination (maybe some flying bases, spikey bits, and something to round and smooth out a face plate)
Back to top Go down
Skari
Wych
Skari

PostSubject: Re: + The Art of the Realspace Raid +    + The Art of the  Realspace Raid +  I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01 2013, 20:43

Weil propper converting anything will do! Im looking at making some really cool DE conversions to give us some heavy support. As of now tho... I have the models to make EVERY single DE formation. IMO, i think that the formations, all of them, used in unison and taking some KEY strategic assets will make the DE a force to be reckoned with.

SO. I shall begin to write up an Apocalyptic Tactica at first it will be on my blog SkaredCast and then ill transfer over the articles over here.

Cheers!

Youtube Channel
Back to top Go down
http://patreon.com/skaredcast
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: + The Art of the Realspace Raid +    + The Art of the  Realspace Raid +  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

+ The Art of the Realspace Raid +
Page 1 of 1