THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Looks like Eldar got some new toys

Go down 
+3
The Red King
Cavash
RetroGamer1224
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RetroGamer1224
Hellion
RetroGamer1224

Looks like Eldar got some new toys Empty
PostSubject: Looks like Eldar got some new toys   Looks like Eldar got some new toys I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09 2013, 18:15

I was on facebook and a friend of mine shared a link to a pdf that contains new Eldar units. Taking a look at them they seem quite interesting. I dare say they may be better then our Hellions. Gonna post a link to the pdf. Thoughts anyone?

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads/Product/PDF/s/shadowspectres.pdf

Also I hope I didn't post something everyone knew, if I did my bad,
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/seekingknight
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Eldar got some new toys   Looks like Eldar got some new toys I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09 2013, 18:49

Yeah, Shadow Spectres have been out for a while. I do love the models... always wanted to grab some.

Looks like Eldar got some new toys YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Eldar got some new toys   Looks like Eldar got some new toys I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09 2013, 20:32

Are they FA slor?

Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Eldar got some new toys   Looks like Eldar got some new toys I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09 2013, 21:38

The Red King wrote:
Are they FA slor?
Come again? FA slot? Yes they are.

Well they really have nice rules and really nice models, so why not play them in an allied force?

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Eldar got some new toys   Looks like Eldar got some new toys I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09 2013, 21:52

Crazy_Irish wrote:
The Red King wrote:
Are they FA slor?

Well they really have nice rules and really nice models, so why not play them in an allied force?
Because Eldar are a wonderful thing that should be their own wonderful army, not just serving the whim of the Commorrite Eldar! Razz

*CWE arguement over* Yeah, I would recommend taking them as allies if you like the models and rules. I don't know how well they perform on tabltop, but they seem to be quite survivable and able to fight most things. I notice that they can deep stirke, so if I were to try them out as allies I'd probably use an Autarch on Jetbike with a Fusion Gun attatched to some Jetbikes to fly around and get in the enemy's face before the Spectres can deepstrike in and cause a lot of hassle in in the enemy's lines.
A Farseer may also go well with them, however.

Looks like Eldar got some new toys YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Eldar got some new toys   Looks like Eldar got some new toys I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 09 2013, 22:51

This is a good update over the original unit entry from Imperial Armour 11. The improved holofield save, additional autarch options, as well as slightly lower point costs make them worth taking now. (Besides looking dead-AWESOME)

My Dark Eldar Project Log
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Irish
Sybarite

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Eldar got some new toys   Looks like Eldar got some new toys I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10 2013, 11:11

Cavash wrote:
Crazy_Irish wrote:
The Red King wrote:
Are they FA slor?

Because Eldar are a wonderful thing that should be their own wonderful army, not just serving the whim of the Commorrite Eldar! Razz
Yes they are a wonderful play thing, and when it breaks we replace it.

I especially like the Exarch Power Shadow of death. Combine this with pinning weapons, and it becomes really good.

And with it, they are relatively safe from cc as they also have the special rule fear...

I hate it that the Eldar got all the fear and pinning stuff. We should have a copy right on that kind of stuff....

Wych
Cavalier

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Eldar got some new toys   Looks like Eldar got some new toys I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 10 2013, 13:16

Nice update on the Shadow Spectres. The improved holofield saves are really cool, and the wargear for the Autarch is a nice bonus as well. I can just imagine these guys bouncing all over the place with Warp Spiders. Could be very frustrating to play against. I have a unit, but primed them an ugly shade...gotta try and give em a simple green bath and get em on the table.

Its funny there is so much wailing and gnashing of the teeth by the the Eldar diehards on BoLS board over the changes to Shadow Spectres but they seem pretty good to me. I think a lot of the angst stems from changes to the Warp Hunter, and the Lynx as they took a bit of a hit in the new book, but as far as the warp hunter do I have room in my list for a strength 7 ap3 distort flamer? Sure do.

Hellion
agosyb

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Eldar got some new toys   Looks like Eldar got some new toys I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2013, 16:11

These guys do look pretty awesome now. The haywire grenades are a nice touch, as well. Shadow of Death is also a really nice exarch power, especially if you're close enough to force the checks on a unit bailing out of a vehicle. It would be pretty funny with a wraithfighter and all the eldar pinning weapons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looks like Eldar got some new toys   Looks like Eldar got some new toys I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looks like Eldar got some new toys
Page 1 of 1