THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

So who's looking forward to Space Marines?

Go down 
+19
Obyiscus
Count Adhemar
Cavash
Darklight
Shadows Revenge
agosyb
ravenizer
ligolski
HERO
Dark_Kindred
RetroGamer1224
facelessabsalom
Azdrubael
Eldritchwarmaster84
Mushkilla
DominicJ
Mr Believer
Evil Space Elves
Sky Serpent
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
agosyb
Hellion
agosyb

So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 16:27

Still gotta watch out for that thunderfire cannon Razz Space marines look like they're becoming a lot cheaper and a lot more reliable. Tigurius looks to be about as reliable as psykers get in 6th, and there are re-rolls all over the place. Its going to be a big boost for them; MEQ-killing has been the standard for so long everybody seems to know how to do it, haha.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 17:31

Quote :
I don't think SM will be buffed too much, they're just getting some balances and a few new units with little impact on the codex.
Price change will have impact on the codex. Cheaper tacticals and vets will probably mean that we will face those true 3+ armies. Maybe there will even be more then 2x5 tactical squads.

Chapter Tactics are also decent. Ultramarines got a lot of toolbox options that will stand as standard for marines, still unclear if they are able to chose them on the fly.

Overall its what i expected from the codex - the best codex for beginners, they have units that can do anything and not being super expensive while doing it.
Ultra Generalist force with little wave to this or that aspect of battlefield.
Back to top Go down
Shadows Revenge
Hierarch of Tactica
Shadows Revenge

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 19:11

after reading the rumors, I must say Im excited for the rules. While the new stuff looks kinda decent, I really want to see if everything really is as customizeable as the rumors suggest. If so I feel this is a huge leap towards complete customizeable armies that everyone wants. The way to make your army feel special. So far, so good GW.

Oh, and the centurians look like rejects from Exo-Squad... internet awesome points for anyone that knows that show without looking it up Wink
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 20:02

Shadows Revenge wrote:

Oh, and the centurians look like rejects from Exo-Squad... internet awesome points for anyone that knows that show without looking it up Wink

RIGHT! How do they even fit in there? I'm talking mainly about the arms... But everything looks so off with it!
Back to top Go down
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 20:24

i read a designers note somewhere saying their arms are crossed across their chest so the arms are robotic
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 21:11

Exo squad was AWESOME!!!!

E frames, pirate clans, Dr Fraser!
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 15 2013, 16:09

The White Scars options will have Dark Angels players weeping! As a whole army, they scare me the most. I have only recently discovered the joy of having so many lances that I run out of vehicles to shoot and putting them to use insta-killing marines. Not being able to do that against a fast, outflanking army will make me a sad panda Sad  But all in all, this looks pretty balanced if it turns out to be true, and might be a prime example of the abilities of the units actually reflecting the fluff.
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 07:30

By judging on GWs site, SM codex release is 31st august or simply kit release. Sooner than I expected but that's all good!
Back to top Go down
Darklight
Sybarite
Darklight

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 07:37

I have never been fan of the Space Marines, but I love killing them tho.
But just played a few games aganist Vanilla marines as all the people around here play either SW or CSM. So not much vanilla marines running around the block.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 14:13

Am I looking forward to a new overpowered Codex for an army that will be more powerful than Tau and lots of 40k players already play? Not at all!

I do like how they are trying to make each army fluffier, though.
Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion
ravenizer

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 14:16

SM beeing more powerfull than Tau? Actualy SM beeing OP in anyway? Naah, I highly doubt that. Not untill they change turkeys. Even with their new AA tanks this is going to be a problem. Sad but true.
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 14:30

With overall point drops, access to flakk missiles, a few new units, I believe they'll be on the same level as Dark angels. But with chapter tactics and grav guns, they could be better. I hope they'll be able to compete with tau anyways.
Back to top Go down
RetroGamer1224
Hellion
RetroGamer1224

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 15:25

The White Scars, to me, have some good options for being mobile. Throw in Khan as a HQ and while they can't move as fast as DE can they sure have some better options with scout and move through cover rules. If I were to play any marines it would be Scars.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/seekingknight
ligolski
Wych
ligolski

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 16:12

I think SM are going to neuter flying spams a little bit at least. Especially with Ultramarines chapter tactics for devestators. There could be a good turn of anti flyer fire, not to mention flakk missiles and the new tanks which look smexy.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 16:15

I'm not too bothered by flakk missiles. They're expensive and need to be taken in reasonable numbers in order to be effective. I'm not 100% sure what the rules are for the new Rhino-chassis AA platform as I've seen a couple of different versions.
Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion
ravenizer

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 18:17

Quadgun seems still cheaper, better, more effective way rather than flakks, and S7 vs av 12 flyers, especialy drake one, with it will not die, 5+ and ignoring stuns is hell a cookie to crack.

Wonder what new will those AA tanks bring. From rumors, it seems GW don't realy want to grant some high S shots that easily.
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 18:43

Count Adhemar wrote:
I'm not too bothered by flakk missiles. They're expensive and need to be taken in reasonable numbers in order to be effective. I'm not 100% sure what the rules are for the new Rhino-chassis AA platform as I've seen a couple of different versions.
Agreed, flakk is way too expensive. I'ld gotten them for 3 or 5, but 10 is too much... But I'll might try 4x missile launchers with flakk on my devastators, or on any tactical squad. Just so see if it is worth it cost and if it is effective.
Back to top Go down
Obyiscus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 19:01

I'm not super pumped mainly because I will look at al the new stuff and just think "I wish my Space Wolves could have that flyer or AA or Warlord Traits...actually maybe not the warlord traits Razz" I do like that it will be easier to grab some combi weapons from the rumoured veteran box.
Back to top Go down
RetroGamer1224
Hellion
RetroGamer1224

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 20:14

Considering that 'Nids look to be next on the block with IG and Orks bringing up the first quarter of '14 I suspect that some chapters will get some digital love, as has been speculated. Though I dunno if that is good considering the online stuff that came out has it to where using that material locks one out of using better stuff in the codex.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/seekingknight
Obyiscus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 20:45

Can someone confirm for me that Space Wolves are the only Space Marine Chapter...army in general that has no flyers now.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 21:11

Sisters dont have Flyers too. Technically Daemons and Nids dont have Flyers, they only have FMC.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 27 2013, 21:26

I'm not particularly interested in SM at all. I suspect that there will be some attempt to right the balance of the universe by putting them at least on par with Tau and CWE after their recent releases, beyond that, how they do it I am not too worried. I haven't used flyers in quite a while and just chuckle whenever I see a bunch of AA sitting across the table from me.

Now 'Nidvember, that definitely has my interest! (not to derail this thread at all)

And as Sky mentioned, surely this all brings us closer to our own 6th ed. 'dex, so that's something else to look forward to.
Back to top Go down
ravenizer
Hellion
ravenizer

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28 2013, 11:17

Heh, on monday my LGS shown preorder cost of specific stuff GW granted them.

SPACE MARINE CENTURION DEVASTATOR SQUAD 238,00
SPACE MARINE STALKER 200,00
SPACE MARINE RECLUSIAM COMMAND SQUAD 270,00
SPACE MARINE LIBRARIAN 90,00
SPACE MARINE CAPTAIN 90,00

Divide it by 3, and you have new prices in $. So far new stuff is even more expansive than actual finecast... Stuff is going to be on shelves on 8th September.
Back to top Go down
Obyiscus
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28 2013, 12:56

Azdrubael wrote:
Sisters dont have Flyers too. Technically Daemons and Nids dont have Flyers, they only have FMC.
I was counting FMCs, but very true about the sisters. I don't know how Icould have forgot about them:P 
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 28 2013, 13:16

By my maths the centurians are roughly on par with tau suits for cost?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So who's looking forward to Space Marines?   So who's looking forward to Space Marines? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So who's looking forward to Space Marines?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next