THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Howling abyss

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shrike423
Hellion
Shrike423

Kabal of the Howling abyss Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Howling abyss   Kabal of the Howling abyss I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2013, 15:06

Hello all.

I have been inactive for a little while and now I'm very glad to present lots of painted models.

First of all some characters:

Kabal of the Howling abyss Nj6t

Lelith Hesperax, she got taken down by a Tau drone in one game and beat Ghazgull Thraka in another! Laughing 

and my Archon Sa'thren:

Kabal of the Howling abyss Mtyx

He looses his shadowfield almost all the time to his personal raider exploding Rolling Eyes 

Here's the Venom I'm painting for my monthly vow. It's nearly done, just the lower hull and the gunner left to paint.

Kabal of the Howling abyss Rvtn

On to troops now:

Kabal of the Howling abyss I957

Kabal of the Howling abyss Lm1f

Kabal of the Howling abyss Kwkz

Kabal of the Howling abyss Rzsd

Kabal of the Howling abyss Ju30

sorry for the brightness on the Kabalites, it makes the armour details harder to see unfortunately.

Finally some Eldar allies starting with a farseer on foot and a jetseer:

Kabal of the Howling abyss Zxbk

Kabal of the Howling abyss Gnog

The newest addition to the army... The wraithscythes!!

Here's the first one:

Kabal of the Howling abyss Dh4z

I tried for some object source light on the chest glyph but I'm sure the comments will let me know it I succeeded.

The spirit stones on this guy took the longest but they make him look great at the end.

Also, Dire Avengers:

Kabal of the Howling abyss Cc63

Some individual shots:

Kabal of the Howling abyss Cnxi

Kabal of the Howling abyss L8pa

That's what I have at the moment. I'll have the venom done in a few days or so and then its dakkaborn.

As usually comments and criticism are greatly accepted.
Back to top Go down
borzoni
Slave
borzoni

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Howling abyss   Kabal of the Howling abyss I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2013, 16:34

Absolutely love the colour scheme on the venom. Please can you share how you,be achieved this.

Been looking for a colour scheme for ages and this really appeals to me.

Great job so far.
Back to top Go down
Shrike423
Hellion
Shrike423

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Howling abyss   Kabal of the Howling abyss I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2013, 17:02

Thank you very much Very Happy 
It's actually incredibly simple to perform.

I use the older GW paints so you will need to find the new equivalents for the scheme to work.
Skull white and Tallarn Flesh for the white hull with chaos black undercoating.
The blue areas are created using ice blue and hawk turqoise.

You start out by basecoating the entire craft with chaos black (I think its called abbadon black now). For the hull I applied layers of tallarn flesh to build solid blocks of colour. I left the grooves in the hull black for more contrast. I had to water down the brown a bit because mine was dry due it being a foundation paint. Not sure if you will need to do this. The next coat is  skull white and I watered that down a bit to let some of the brown show on the edges. You can build up the white after that to get a solid undertone. After that is the fun part. You take tallarn flesh and apply it to a dry brush, then you work at the edges of the plates and near the grooves for the dust corrosion. Then voila you have a abalaster venom that looks like it just flew through a sandstorm.Razz 

The pilot is a lot tougher. For him I went for an object source lighting rising from his console. He is undercoated black followed by a light dry brush of the old chainmail paint from gw. The lighting is created by washing hawk turqoise on the desired lighted area then applying further washes of hawk turqoise mixed with skull white

Then you are done!

Hope that wasn't too much, I like to be detailed in describing my techniques! Laughing
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Howling abyss   Kabal of the Howling abyss I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2013, 17:09

Nice clean colors, very well done! Looks like you need some basing though Wink
Back to top Go down
Shrike423
Hellion
Shrike423

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Howling abyss   Kabal of the Howling abyss I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2013, 18:49

Thanks facelessabsalom

You could say that again Laughing 

I'm really daft when it comes to bases. I've yet to get round to basing these. I going for snow theme.

Back to top Go down
borzoni
Slave
borzoni

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Howling abyss   Kabal of the Howling abyss I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 13 2013, 12:19

Excellent thanks for the breakdown.

Looking forward to more updates, keep up the good work
Back to top Go down
Shrike423
Hellion
Shrike423

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Howling abyss   Kabal of the Howling abyss I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19 2013, 10:36

Hello all,

A small update so far.

Got my Waveserpent transport for the Wraithguard up a going. Right now it's still WIP, but it's nearly there. Just the engines, spirit stones, and underside left to finish.

Kabal of the Howling abyss Vqoe

At this rate painting my elder, I'm going to end up side-lining my monthly vow.

Someone with very keen eyes will notice something missing...

I'll have my venom pictures up as soon as I have found my wych gunner. Where is she?

That's it for now.

Stay tuned for a big surprise in the following weeks...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Howling abyss   Kabal of the Howling abyss I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Howling abyss
Page 1 of 1