THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Raphah
Slave
Raphah

Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list Empty
PostSubject: Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list   Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 12 2013, 16:17

Got a regional tournament coming up in a few months. Mostly serious, but I'm not in a huge area, so I shouldn't see a ton of super hardcore powergaming lists. I'm looking to make this list be fun to play and do decently well for itself, but I don't really want to go super spammy and run 9 venoms or anything like that. Any thoughts? Here's the list:

HQ:
Baron Sathypants - 105

Elites:
4x Kabalite Trueborn with 4x Blasters in Venom with Splinter Cannon and Night Shields - 183

Troops:
10x Kabalite Warriors with Splinter Cannon in Raider - 160

5x Kabalite Warriors with Blaster in Venom with Splinter Cannon and Night Shields - 135

5x Kabalite Warriors with Blaster in Venom with Splinter Cannon and Night Shields - 135

Fast Attack:
3x Beastmasters with Venom Blade, 9x Khymerae, 2x Razorwing Flocks - 179

Heavy Support:
Ravager with Night Shields - 115

Allied Detachment: Eldar
HQ:
Farseer with Jetbike, Shard of Anaris, Singing Spear, Runes of Warding - 170

Troops:
3x Windrider Jetbikes - 51

Fast Attack:
6x Warp Spiders with Exarch, Spinneret Rifle, Fast Shot - 149

Total - 1747

Baron and Jetseer go with beasts for stealth/fearless, windriders will most likely be held in reserve for late game contesting goodness. Could drop runes of warding for a Shuriken Cannon on the windriders or another khymera. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list   Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 07:47

Looks like a solid list.

Though as it's a hybrid list (mix of mech and infantry/bikes) I would drop all the night shields. Night shields are a lot less effective in hybrid lists, as night shields are most valuable on the first turn (as they can negate enemy shooting by keeping you out of range) however in a hybrid list your opponent will just fire all the weapons that can't shoot because of night shields into your beasts and spiders.

It will also free up a lot of points.

Hope that helps. Smile
Back to top Go down
autopilot
Hellion
autopilot

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list   Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 09:40

If you have any more razorwing bases, I'd suggest using them. They do most of the damage in an assault and can absorb a lot of S5 and lower wounds.

The warp spiders don't necessarily need the exarch and spinneret rifle. I run mine stock, even without the exarch. They're already LD9, so no real worries. If you like that spinneret rifle, though, it is a pretty sexy weapon.
Back to top Go down
Raphah
Slave
Raphah

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list   Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 16:13

Mush: Interesting idea. I'll have to pull em all off, write up a list, and see where it comes out. Would you suggest even pulling the ones off the Ravagers? I feel like they might be useful later into the game as I'll be trying to keep them at max range as best I can the whole time, but you'd know better than me! Razz 

Autopilot: If I'm taking Mush's advice, more flocks will be the first thing I add with the newly acquired points. I've also written a list where I just take 5 spiders base and have a much fuller beast pack. I'm certainly going to try both out and see how they treat me. Same thing for the spiders and spinneret rifle. I do like the rifle, but I've yet to really try them out, so I'll try the stock group of em too and see what works best for me. How many spiders would you recommend I take in a group? Is 5 enough? Is 6-7 better?
Back to top Go down
Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list   Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 17:10

Raphah wrote:
Mush: Interesting idea. I'll have to pull em all off, write up a list, and see where it comes out. Would you suggest even pulling the ones off the Ravagers? I feel like they might be useful later into the game as I'll be trying to keep them at max range as best I can the whole time, but you'd know better than me! Razz
I'm a minimalist so I don't bother with the night shields on ravagers. Generally most opponents will have a few AT weapons that the night shield won't help against and they will be pointed at your ravagers straight away.

Ravagers either die fast or somehow make it to the end of the game, whether the night shield makes a difference is debatable considering the range of most AT weapons (autocannons, ion accelerators, serpent shields, missile launchers, etc). I find target saturation, line of sight, and positioning are far bigger factors in the survival of my ravagers.

But again that's just my experience. Some people swear by them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Raphah
Slave
Raphah

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list   Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 19:09

Mushkilla wrote:
I'm a minimalist so I don't bother with the night shields on ravagers. Generally most opponents will have a few AT weapons that the night shield won't help against and they will be pointed at your ravagers straight away.

Ravagers either die fast or somehow make it to the end of the game, whether the night shield makes a difference is debatable considering the range of most AT weapons (autocannons, ion accelerators, serpent shields, missile launchers, etc). I find target saturation, line of sight, and positioning are far bigger factors in the survival of my ravagers.

But again that's just my experience. Some people swear by them. Smile
Gotcha. Sounds solid. I don't really have enough experience to swear one way or the other, but I'll certainly try it out both ways. I'll give the list a revision once I'm off work!
Back to top Go down
autopilot
Hellion
autopilot

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list   Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 14 2013, 20:12

Raphah wrote:
How many spiders would you recommend I take in a group? Is 5 enough? Is 6-7 better?
5 is a lot of firepower for the price. Deep striking them becomes a safer option. Bringing 10 is a huge threat, and if you lose one to warp-jumping, you're not as worried.

Both are good options. The exarch is the option that is the most debatable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list   Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Semi-Competitive DE/Eldar 1750 list
Page 1 of 1