THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

FMCs BS when firing at flyers

Go down 
+3
Count Adhemar
Crazy_Ivan
Exort1
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Exort1
Hellion

FMCs BS when firing at flyers Empty
PostSubject: FMCs BS when firing at flyers   FMCs BS when firing at flyers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18 2013, 18:20

Hello, I'm pretty sure that FMCs are allowed to use their normal BS when firing at flyers but I can't seem to find the rule that stipulates it in the BRB, can anybody lend me a hand? Smile

Oh and another rule I'm not sure about, I know you can pivot 90 degrees before moving (with a FMC), but can you pivot in any direction during the shooting phase since you have a 360 degrees vision?
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: FMCs BS when firing at flyers   FMCs BS when firing at flyers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18 2013, 21:57

Yes on both counts I hate flying hive tyrants Sad 
Back to top Go down
Exort1
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: FMCs BS when firing at flyers   FMCs BS when firing at flyers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18 2013, 22:21

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
Yes on both counts I hate flying hive tyrants Sad 
Can you tell me where in the BRB it's stipulated? I know you're right, but I just can't find where..
Back to top Go down
Crazy_Ivan
Wych
Crazy_Ivan

PostSubject: Re: FMCs BS when firing at flyers   FMCs BS when firing at flyers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18 2013, 22:44

Page 49 of the English rule book
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: FMCs BS when firing at flyers   FMCs BS when firing at flyers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18 2013, 22:53

Crazy_Ivan wrote:
Page 49 of the English rule book
Would you mind quoting the relevant part. Much like the OP I was fairly sure that FMC's use normal BS against flyers but I can't see it anywhere either.

Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: FMCs BS when firing at flyers   FMCs BS when firing at flyers I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 18 2013, 23:23

1. They can opt to use the skyfire rule, as stated in the FAQ.

BRB FAQ p.5 wrote:
Q: Flyers are entitled to choose whether or not to use the Skyfire
special rule at the start of each Shooting phase. Can Swooping
Flying Monstrous Creaturesalso do this? (p49)
A: Yes.
2. No, like other non-vehicle models they can fire in any direction, regardless of facing, but models can only turn while moving. And Flyers and FMCs can only turn 90°.

Exort1
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: FMCs BS when firing at flyers   FMCs BS when firing at flyers I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19 2013, 00:06

Tiri Rana wrote:
1. They can opt to use the skyfire rule, as stated in the FAQ.

BRB FAQ p.5 wrote:
Q: Flyers are entitled to choose whether or not to use the Skyfire
special rule at the start of each Shooting phase. Can Swooping
Flying Monstrous Creaturesalso do this? (p49)
A: Yes.
2. No, like other non-vehicle models they can fire in any direction, regardless of facing, but models can only turn while moving. And Flyers and FMCs can only turn 90°.
Thank you for the response Smile

You have me doubting myself about something with your point 2 though.. Any unit (including vehicles) with the exception of flyers and FMCs can pivot freely before AND after you move, am I right? As long as you do it during the movement phase and not after shooting. Or have I been misinterpreting the BRB? I'm pretty sure it's right otherwise you wouldn't be able to move a vehicle backwards while still facing the enemy to shoot him in your shooting phase. No?

If I'm right about that, can FMCs pivot after moving but before shooting? Since in the BRB for flyers it specifies that they can only pivot ONCE and BEFORE moving, but for FMCs it only says that "they can pivot 90 degrees before moving" but don't say anything about after.

Damn GW rules.. Got me all mixed up Sad
Back to top Go down
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: FMCs BS when firing at flyers   FMCs BS when firing at flyers I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19 2013, 02:43

BRB p.49 wrote:
If a Flying Monstrous Creature is Swooping, it moves exactly like a Jump Monstrous Creature, with the following exceptions and clarifications:
[...]
Due to its limited manoeuvrabiliry, a Flying Monstrous Creature that is Swooping can make a single pivot on the spot of up to 90° before it moves. Thereafter it must move directly forwards in a straight line.
So yes, FMCs like flyers can't pivot, after moving, but the important point is that, by standard rules normal models can't turn or pivot in the shooting phase. Normally it doesn't matter, because infantry models can turn for free and shoot in any direction, but for FMCs it's important.

Last edited by Tiri Rana on Mon Aug 19 2013, 17:23; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RetroGamer1224
Hellion
RetroGamer1224

PostSubject: Re: FMCs BS when firing at flyers   FMCs BS when firing at flyers I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19 2013, 17:09

Okay so lemme set up a situation that happened yesterday. Grey Knights vs 'Nids. The GK had this massive suit that had twin linked weapons. it was facing one direction and I believe already pivoted. The 'Nid player said that only one gun could fire at his gargoyles because the other gun was not facing them. I wish I could give more details but I wasn't paying 100% attention to the game. Was the 'Nid player correct or could the GK fire both his guns and therefore get 12 shots? Thanks gang.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/seekingknight
Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: FMCs BS when firing at flyers   FMCs BS when firing at flyers I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19 2013, 17:22

Walkers are completely different, because they have their own set of special rules.

BRB p.84 wrote:
When firing a Walker's weapons, pivot the Walker on the spot so that its guns are aimed at the target [...] This pivoting in the Shooting phase does not count as moving and represents the vastly superior agility of Walkers in comparison with other vehicles. [...] Immobilised Walkers cannot pivot, and can only shoot at models within their current weapon arc

Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: FMCs BS when firing at flyers   FMCs BS when firing at flyers I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19 2013, 19:38

It isnt walker, it is a monstruos creature, and yes, it could fire all of its guns.

Just like any infantry model.

Tiri Rana
Sybarite
Tiri Rana

PostSubject: Re: FMCs BS when firing at flyers   FMCs BS when firing at flyers I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 19 2013, 21:32

Ok, I assumed he meant the Dreadnought, because of the twin-linked weapons, but if it's about the Dreadknight, than your point is true, of course.

Mushkilla
Arena Champion
Mushkilla

PostSubject: Re: FMCs BS when firing at flyers   FMCs BS when firing at flyers I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 20 2013, 09:32

Yeah I think he was talking about dreadnought (going off the twinlinked weapons).

“Even the Black Buzzards thought highly of him, and those maniacs were renowned for hating everyone.” - Tantalus, by Braden Campbell
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMCs BS when firing at flyers   FMCs BS when firing at flyers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FMCs BS when firing at flyers
Page 1 of 1