THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Help with making my first list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rayphoton
Slave
Rayphoton

Help with making my first list Empty
PostSubject: Help with making my first list   Help with making my first list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2019, 15:39

Ugh...trying to make a DE army is hard..there's almost too many options. My Meta has NO DE players so i don't have a really good resource to talk about this

My group is lots and lots of marines

I currently have built and painted all the HQ and characters
10 kabalites
10 wyches
4 raiders
3 reavers
1 venom
beasts for days(part of another army that happens to proxy really well)

But with out a clear idea of what I'm working towards ..I'm not sure what to build next.

So here's the request....With Whats listed...Would you guys be willing to make me a 500-750 list that I can use as a build off of and then I can get a good idea of how to move forward?
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Help with making my first list   Help with making my first list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2019, 16:45

Not a bad start to an army, you have the essentials to run two patrol detachments, one as a wych cult and one as a kabal. I'd run something like this:

Patrol detachment

Archon
huskblade, blast pistol

2x units of 5 warriors with blasters

2x raiders with disintegrator cannons

venom

Patrol detachment

succubus

10 wyches
3x wych cult weapons, hekatrix w/ agonizer

3 reavers

That gives you just over 600pts, and lets you take a kabal and cult trait for your units. If you want to drop down to 500pts you could drop the reavers and succubus, just throw the wyches in the other patrol detachment so have no traits, but that's fine for a starter list.

In terms of where you want to go, I think the most important thing to consider is what's your favorite aspect of Dark Eldar. Do you want to focus on kabals, cults, covens, a mix of just two of those factions or a mix of all three? Regardless of your choice, I would highly recommend the next unit you pick up being a ravager, they are incredibly good these days and I find it hard to make a 1500-2000pts list without 3 of them. No need to worry about that just yet, but I'd be working towards a 1k list with a ravager in it. Also you'll want to run a battalion sooner rather than later for the extra command points, so another box of warriors would be vital. Once you can fill out a basic kabal battalion of a minimum of say 2 archons, 3 units of 5 warriors and a ravager along with transports, you can go pretty much any direction you want. Real beauty of DE these days is while not everything is super competitive, few of our units truly suck so you can go pick up whatever you want in your army after getting that core filled out.

Slave
Rayphoton

PostSubject: Re: Help with making my first list   Help with making my first list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2019, 16:51

Man, that's a good start list.

Any thoughts on which kabal and cult obsession to use.

I was thinking of Black heart cause it gives you agents of vect... but ..they all look really nice.

also I see alot of people say disentigrators over dark lances for Ravagers...whats the thought behind that?
Back to top Go down
Lord Asvaldir
Hekatrix
Lord Asvaldir

PostSubject: Re: Help with making my first list   Help with making my first list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2019, 17:01

Personally, I love flayed skull, I will probably always use that. Black Heart is not bad though, only issue is it doesn't really benefit warriors at all, while all the other traits do. Also at such a low pts level you're not going to get much use out of agents of vect, the faq changed agents to cost 4cp, can't even have that many with 2 patrols at 500pts. Depends on your playstyle though really, I know many players love black heart because of the +6 save for vehicles and the writ of living muse relic, I prefer flayed skull though because it helps buff all your units, vehicles and warriors and it's a more offensive than defensive focused trait.

For cult, I don't think you can go wrong with using any of those traits. Cursed blade is probably the best for wyches, red grief is definetly best for reavers, while cult of strife is sorta in the middle and benefits all the wych units. Personally I use red grief because I tend to use lots of reavers, but any of the traits works well.

Disintegrator cannons and dark lances are both solid choices. However, disintegrators are more variable as they work against a wider variety of targets, and are really good for dealing with pesky units like terminator equivalents given they have lots of shots and 2 damage. They are even pretty solid against vehicles, wounding on 5s isn't that big of an issue when you have say 24 disintegrator cannon shots in a higher pts list. They also tend to be more consistent damage wise, the d6 damage on dark lances is nice but it means sometimes they do great and deal 6 damage, sometimes just 1. Dissies can always be counted on to do a solid 2 damage. All that being said, I wouldn't just ignore dark lances, my current build is to take 2 dissies ravagers and 1 with dark lances.

Slave
Rayphoton

PostSubject: Re: Help with making my first list   Help with making my first list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11 2019, 20:36

Man..thats all solid. Thanks!!

Looks like I'm ordering some ravagers now as you and like the whole world have said that there great and I'll put some time into more Kabalites as they seem pretty necessary. Ill save the Haemonculus stuff for down the line.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with making my first list   Help with making my first list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with making my first list
Page 1 of 1