THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

need help making 2000pts list

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EvilKota
Slave

need help making 2000pts list Empty
PostSubject: need help making 2000pts list   need help making 2000pts list I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2011, 19:31

So here is my list. It is not yet finnished.
I just dont know what to add to this list to make it harder.
This list is 1652pts
What would u guys add to make it 2000pts???

1 Archon (HQ) @ 145 Pts
Huskblade; Splinter Pistol; Combat Drugs; Shadow Field;
Soul-trap

5 Incubi (Elites) @ 190 Pts

1 Raider @ [85] Pts
Dark Lance; Enhanced Aethersails; Night Shields; Shock Prow; Torment
Grenade Launchers

6 Harlequin Troupe (Elites) @ 222 Pts
Harlequin's Kiss (x6)

1 Shadowseer @ [52] Pts
Harlequin's Kiss; Shuriken Pistol

1 Troupe Master @ [38] Pts
Power Weapon; Shuriken Pistol
9 Wyches (Troops) @ 255 Pts
Hydra Gauntlets (x2); Haywire Grenades

1 Hekatrix @ [42] Pts
Agoniser; Splinter Pistol; Haywire Grenades

1 Raider @ [85] Pts
Grenade Launchers

9 Wyches (Troops) @ 255 Pts
Hydra Gauntlets (x2); Haywire Grenades

1 Hekatrix @ [42] Pts

1 Raider @ [85] Pts
Grenade Launchers

1 Voidraven Bomber (Heavy Support) @ 195 Pts
Shatterfield Missile (x4); Flickerfield

Minimum Killpoints: 8

Total Army Cost: 1652
Back to top Go down
POwell0
Kabalite Warrior
POwell0

PostSubject: Re: need help making 2000pts list   need help making 2000pts list I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2011, 20:57

IMHO you really dont need all those upgrades on your Raiders, Just a flickerfield on them will be more than enough and would save you some more points to play with. I only see 2 troops choices and in a 2000pts list thats not enough. Even given my love for Wyches taking 20 against the 30+ MEQ troops you will usually see in a 2000pts list will have an uphill struggle.

Looking over the list 9 wyches doesnt come close to 255pts off the top of my head 10 wyches including Hekatrix and agoniser, 2 HG's and haywires only comes to 170pts so we got even more to play with now. A quick rewrite and maths check will be needed
Back to top Go down
EvilKota
Slave

PostSubject: Re: need help making 2000pts list   need help making 2000pts list I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2011, 21:23

Bank you for your advice. The calculation is precise as the list was built with army builder, wytches are 255pts because of raider which is 80pts.
Well I take those upgrades as they are pretty good.
For instance I do tank shock a lot and grenade launcher helps me a lot.
So my tactic is to deploy centrally and then to use refused flank strategy.
Generally I EA upgrade which gives 30inch move on average so that I can deny one of my enemys flank efficiently.

I don't really know what to do with troops slot.
I mean that I am simply keen in wytches as they are just perfect against vehicles espesially against those nasty razorbacks with grey knights inside.
10 man squad guarantees me that I will be able to surround my enemy LR or rhino so that when it is destroyed he may not disembark and therefore destroyed too.

I like warrior models a lot(even more than those of wytches)
but I simply don't know how to use them in such an aggressive list. What build can kill things?
Back to top Go down
POwell0
Kabalite Warrior
POwell0

PostSubject: Re: need help making 2000pts list   need help making 2000pts list I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 15 2011, 22:02

Ahh sorry a bit of confusion on my part so yeah 255pts with raider is right. Never tried a tank shock strategy before with DE it could be interesting.
I would personally max out on wyches or take some 10 man warriors squads with SC and blaster in a raider. They can hold home objectives given enough cover or mow down enemy troops with massed splinter fire. 5 in a venom with blaster and extra SC can do much the same thing aswell.
For all out agressiveness though i would take more Wyches. So another 10 man Wych squad with Raider would take you up 1907pts so 93 to play with. If you are tank shocking then you are getting in quite close so i would say the night shields are redundant after the first turn and some canny deployment can shield your vehicles so i would drop them so thats 133 to play with now.

Not sure of the exact points because i dont have my codex on me but 5 scourges with haywire blasters could be a good addition. Stunlocking vehicles until the Wyches and Voidravens can destroy them will be very helpful.

Back to top Go down
EvilKota
Slave

PostSubject: Re: need help making 2000pts list   need help making 2000pts list I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2011, 00:02

Thanks for your advice now i see your point on nigt shields.
So the list now is 1930pts. And what if I drop bombers and take Talos/Kronos engines.
I mean that if I drop 3 bombers and take 3 talos I will get 350!!! more points to use.
So Can it be a good idea??? I can take 20men hellion squad for instance), or harlies.

All in all I want a very hard hitting list. And I need smth to draw my enemy fire.

7 Wyches (Troops) @ 186 Pts
Hydra Gauntlets (x1); Haywire Grenades

1 Hekatrix @ [22] Pts
Close-combat Weapon; Splinter Pistol; Haywire Grenades

1 Raider @ [70] Pts
Dark Lance; Enhanced Aethersails; Shock Prow

7 Wyches (Troops) @ 206 Pts

1 Hekatrix @ [42] Pts

1 Raider @ [70] Pts

5 Incubi (Elites) @ 190 Pts

1 Raider @ [80] Pts
Dark Lance; Enhanced Aethersails; Night Shields; Shock Prow

1 Archon (HQ) @ 145 Pts
Huskblade; Splinter Pistol; Combat Drugs; Shadow Field; Soul-trap

7 Harlequin Troupe (Elites) @ 206 Pts
Harlequin's Kiss (x7)

1 Shadowseer @ [52] Pts
Harlequin's Kiss; Shuriken Pistol

1 Hekatrix @ [42] Pts

1 Raider @ [70] Pts
Dark Lance; Flickerfield

1 Hekatrix @ [42] Pts

1 Raider @ [70] Pts

Models in Army: 54

Minimum Killpoints: 12

Total Army Cost: 1930
Back to top Go down
POwell0
Kabalite Warrior
POwell0

PostSubject: Re: need help making 2000pts list   need help making 2000pts list I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2011, 00:34

Talos and Cronos only really work in webway portal lists. They will be lagging behind all those fleeting harlies and raiders so wont be doing much until turn 3. Alternatively you could swap the ravens for ravagers to save points then go for some warriors to lay down some splinter fire
Back to top Go down
EvilKota
Slave

PostSubject: Re: need help making 2000pts list   need help making 2000pts list I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2011, 09:29

And what if I remove bombers and add 30 scourges and 3 hammies in this list???
Back to top Go down
POwell0
Kabalite Warrior
POwell0

PostSubject: Re: need help making 2000pts list   need help making 2000pts list I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 16 2011, 19:35

3 heamies will make those Wych squads a lot more resilient by giving them FNP. Give them a liquifier each, keep them on the raiders whilst the Wyches take the pain token and run around killing things and the heamie is then basically a fast moving Uber flamer so that would help alot. 30 scourges would be rather good. All them Shard Carbines and haywire blasters would give the enemy a headache no matter what army you facing. Either of them is a viable option but i would still plump for more troops for those objective based missions.

My 2000 pts army has 40 wyches, 20 warriors, 5 incubi with an archon attached, some blasterborn and ravagers/razorwings all meched up in a mix of venoms and raiders and believe me its one very aggressive and killy list. My marine wielding friends hate it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
clidefr0g
In Exile

PostSubject: Re: need help making 2000pts list   need help making 2000pts list I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 18 2011, 08:35

I would drop the bombers for ravagers and add in some blasterborn instead of harlequins with saved points.

for wyches i think the razorflails are statistically better than hydras for offence.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help making 2000pts list   need help making 2000pts list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need help making 2000pts list
Page 1 of 1