THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders Empty
PostSubject: To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders   To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2013, 21:22

Since 3-4 games I've always used that list, testing it to go to a small tournament and I'm very happy: I have won almost all the times. But there is a problem: my Web Spiders, one of the C:E best unit, have always disappointed me, killing almost nothing in all the game.
So that's my list:

HQ
- Archon with husk blade, shadow field and soul trap
- Eldar farseer with the solitaire mantle end singing spear

TROOPS
- 8 wyches with hecatrix, venom blade, hydra gauntlet and raider (archon here)
- 5 kabalites with blaster and double cannon venom
- 5 kabalites with blaster and double cannon venom
- 5 guardian jetbikes with shuriken cannon

FAST ATTACK
- 6 reavers with 2 heat lances
- 6 eldar web spiders

HEAVY SUPPORT
- Talos with liquifier
- 2 eldar support battery with shadoweaver

So seeing the list what do you think? What do you change? I have to give another try to the spiders or I have to change and use that 124 points (114 of spiders and 10 of soul trap that I could never use) in another way?
I'm thinking to scourges with hayware blasters, swooping hawks, striking skorpions or the always good ravager.

Let me know!
Back to top Go down
Irakunar Thrax
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders   To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 30 2013, 22:36

I think Warp Spiders are well worth their points and can be quite the pain in the ass for your opponent:)

Scourges seems like a less good option as they are pricey and often tend to do very little when in small squads.

Back to top Go down
colinsherlow
Hekatrix
colinsherlow

PostSubject: Re: To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders   To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31 2013, 07:08

6 spiders all the way! I use the buggers all the time. They have been mi VIPs many times

Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders   To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31 2013, 10:45

So probably the problem is I still can't move them in the right way... my VIP since I've started play DE (6 months) is always be the Talos (surprisingly)!

That said, spider apart, what do you think about the list? There is something you will change?

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders   To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31 2013, 14:07

Here's an important question - how do you use your Spiders? Do you Deep Strike them in or just move across the board? Personally, I found them to be far more effective once I started to just warp them across the table - they are so incredibly mobile and can possibly put out quite a lot of hurt even T1, that I now see little point in Deep Striking them.

As for the list, I'd recommend you to split those Eldar Jetbikes into two squads of three, to be able to contest/capture two objectives at any point of the game. You can never have enough troops that are capable of moving 48" in a single turn!

Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders   To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 31 2013, 14:54

Maybe that's the point: I have always deep striked them, so they arrive, shoot something (if in range) and have some loss in my enemy turn... and if they don't arrive in the second turn often is too late to change the direction of the game... I'll try to make them warp-running through the table!

Mmmm I've always thoug that only three jetbike per squad are too low... only one loss and they have to test leadership... and don't have enough fire output to kill someone... but I'll think about it

Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders   To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01 2013, 15:46

Definitely try Warp Spiders on foot out - their Warp Jump Packs (which allow them to ignore terrain entirely for the risk of one spider disappearing in the Warp) plus Battle Focus plus Jet Pack movement makes them incredibly agile.

Well, the way I use them, the bikers are usually in reserve as long as possible, then go for objectives in turn 4-5. That's why I also always have an Autarch in my lists that goes with Warp Spiders - I really, really want those bikes to come in as late as possible. They aren't exactly there to kill anything in my lists, only to be cheap scoring units, though lately three squads of three with Shuricannons have shown to also be capable of putting out some serious hurt, if used at the right times. Bladestorm really helps them to threaten any target regardless of toughness.

In any case, test them out, see if it works for you or not.

Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders   To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 01 2013, 16:18

Next week I'll test for sure the footsloggers spiders, I'll let you know if they will do better.
I'll test even my new just-finished archon!
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders   To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 01:32

Last night I tried to start my spiders on the field and... I have to say that I've been very unlucky with this unit: 3 of them were killed in my enemy first turn (I went second) by only 4 shots of bolter, and the other three went got lost in the warp respectively in my turn one, in my turn 2 and in my turn 5 XD

I need another try! XD

Irakunar Thrax
Kabalite Warrior

PostSubject: Re: To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders   To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 05 2013, 10:38

Yeah, that sounds pretty unlucky i'd say. ..

I have the same thing with reavers :p unlucky jink saves and all that.
Back to top Go down
Gherma
Kabalite Warrior
Gherma

PostSubject: Re: To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders   To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 09 2013, 00:10

So they finally do great things! Today I've done a little 3 man tournament with two friends of mine and they were one of my best unit in both games. In the "relic one" they are almost uncatchable XD.

My Archon instead had two strange games: in both match had not wound anyone... but in the "relic one" had tarpit almost alone a unit of chaos spawn and a unit of berzerkers... his shadow field could resist even to 30 wounds in a turn (with the little help of a a farseer and his fortune)!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders   To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Web Spiders or not to Web Spiders
Page 1 of 1