THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Black Heart Armour

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Br00tal Mclovin
Slave
Br00tal Mclovin

Kabal of the Black Heart Armour Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Black Heart Armour   Kabal of the Black Heart Armour I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 03 2013, 14:15

Hi everybody! Br00tal Mclovin here and this is my first official post Smile

I've wanted dark eldar for awhile now so i took the plunge and bought the start of my kabal in my local store (and in typical GW fashion there are new dark elves coming out too! im gonna need a second job Shocked) This is also my first proper 40k army as i quickly grew bored with 5th edition before properly starting and im mostly a fanatsy Dark Elf player Rolling Eyes 

Now, ive decided to paint my army as the Kabal of the Black Heart, mainly because Vect is badass and i really like the standard theme. From reading articles it appears the base armour colour for them is a really dark mix of green/blue (i refuse to use just plain black as a substitute because its just lazy and boring).
Now here's my problem, i hate mixing paints! i can never get the correct consistency i want and just generally suck at it.
So what do you guys think about Stegadon Scale Green, which is a bluey green mix, washed with Nuln Oil to darken it for the base colour? Then obviously highlighted with progressively brighter greens.

As a reference im aiming for something similar to the archon painted on pit of the oni, as i cant post links for a week if you search "pit of the oni archon armour step by step" you'll see what i mean.

Hope im not being a pain and appreciate any thoughts, advice and help :)Thanks!

Last edited by Br00tal Mclovin on Sun Oct 06 2013, 18:36; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Heart Armour   Kabal of the Black Heart Armour I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 06 2013, 10:21

Hey,

I usually mix paints using my brush a measurement. Then mix in a very little drop of water and just mix.
When mixing black I believe you generally mix with more black than the other color. If you mix it right, you should not need to wash. Wheb i mix black with blue I start with 4:1 ration, alot more black. Then I add drops of blue or black until I feel satisfied ( I can barely see the blue anymore). But you can ser a difference if you compare it with the pure black. I always go with feel so I get some slight variation. Mixing is not hard if you be liberal with the paint and mix a little at the time and test on a surface or mini until you get it right. And it is important that you feel comfortable with the mix. If you have a hard time determinin if it's ok, try it on a surface and maybe post some pics here.

If you have left over bottles, clean them with something until they're stripped from paint and you can use store your own special mix into them. You only need to mix once then(without water)! Just use something appropiate to mix the paint in the bottle, like a toothpick or something.

Edit: sent from my iphone...

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Heart Armour   Kabal of the Black Heart Armour I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 12 2013, 02:00

For my warriors I paint them using a eschin grey and then two coats of coeliac greenshade. It gives a dark green look, and then when I highlight using green edging, it makes the basecoat look more black with green tones.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Black Heart Armour   Kabal of the Black Heart Armour I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Black Heart Armour
Page 1 of 1