THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DominicJ
Wych

From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons. Empty
PostSubject: From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons.   From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19 2013, 10:15

My Deldar army is about where I want it to be, all I have left to add is another unit of incubi, and its pretty much what I imagined all that time ago, when I was just a frustrated blood angel who wanted to own the movement phase. Its fast, its nasty, and now, perhaps, its time for it to be the past as well.
So, looking at Deldar, our defining point has to be our fantastic initiative.
People not used to Deldar charge and ask "whats your initiative", and I actually say, its initiative Deldar. The only time I can think of where I didnt go first was against a Deamon, Greater or Prince I'm not sure.

So, if we concentrate on Initiative, who is furthest away from Deldar?
I see a tie between Tau and Necrons.

I actually like the tau mythos and way of warfare.
There are two problems with tau.
The first, is the battleforce, the pirana should be a devilfish
The second, is the players. I have found Tau players to be the most socially damaged players, there's actually a guy who feels the need to inform his opponent that he isnt one of "those" tau players

So that leaves Necrons
Oddly I used to play necrons for a short while, two destroyer lords, two big wraith units and a big scarab unit. Yes, I used a necron close combat list back in fourth edition.
But this time, focusing on "not being Deldar", I'm thinking an infantry army, full size warrior units with resurrection orbs and mobile repair stations

I plan on keeping my deldar in the field, I might actually manage my promise to paint my next army.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons.   From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19 2013, 16:12

If only focusing on initiative you should also recall that Orks exist. They're basically initiative 2 or worse across the board.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons.   From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19 2013, 19:48

That is very true, but I fear I wouldnt paint three million orks before I played Razz
And the warboss is 4
Fantastic excuse for an ork army though!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons.   From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons. I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19 2013, 20:04

DominicJ wrote:
That is very true, but I fear I wouldnt paint three million orks before I played Razz
And the warboss is 4
Fantastic excuse for an ork army though!
C'tan Shards are Init 4.
And tau have multiple units at Init 3+

I can understand finding painting Orks to be intimidating though, unless you're willing to work a lot with washes or dips they're a slow job and usually there are a lot of them.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons.   From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23 2013, 13:30

After getting a warning before my first post on a Necron Forum, I am reconsidering my opinion of Necron players!
Perhaps time to reopen the Tau and Ork thinking,
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons.   From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23 2013, 13:45

DominicJ wrote:
After getting a warning before my first post on a Necron Forum, I am reconsidering my opinion of Necron players!
Necrontyr Online?
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons.   From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23 2013, 17:53

Thats the one
Back to top Go down
Mngwa
Wych
Mngwa

PostSubject: Re: From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons.   From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23 2013, 18:18

I would say dont judge an army by its players, but im not sure if im correct there. This forum is the nicest community I know!

Still, dont give up necrons because of an annoying forum, if you really want to play them.
Back to top Go down
DominicJ
Wych

PostSubject: Re: From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons.   From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23 2013, 18:33

Quote :
This forum is the nicest community I know!
At the end of the day, I spend a lot more time talking about playing than actually playing.
If it wasnt for you guys (and the awesome dudes at B&C BA section) the hobby would be a lot less than it is Smile
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons.   From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons. I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23 2013, 23:44

DominicJ wrote:
Thats the one
Yeah. I had a brief foray into Necrons as I was given a small Necron force a couple of years ago. Necrontyr Online basically ended any ambition I had to play them though. One or two nasty individuals on there, one of whom is a Moderator and the other is best friends with another mod. The latter guy in particular is deeply unpleasant but was basically allowed to say anything he wanted and if anyone attempted to argue his pet mod would slap them down whilst leaving this guy untouched.

Didn't take long for me to get the hell out of there and fortunately I then decided to start my DE army and found this place.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons.   From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

From the fastest, to the slowest, Deldar to Necrons.
Page 1 of 1