THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Sathonyx the Beastmaster - Warlord Traits?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

Sathonyx the Beastmaster - Warlord Traits? Empty
PostSubject: Sathonyx the Beastmaster - Warlord Traits?   Sathonyx the Beastmaster - Warlord Traits? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24 2013, 18:49

So, recently I have been running Sathonyx with a large unit of Beasts.

Since the dawn of 6th I have been going Strategic for my rolls as the majority of the traits are beneficial to my army. Discussing this with a friend, he believes I should be looking to the Personal traits as these are more successful for such a unit?

What are your views? If you run this combination what traits do you usually choose and why?
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Sathonyx the Beastmaster - Warlord Traits?   Sathonyx the Beastmaster - Warlord Traits? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24 2013, 18:54

I favor personal if Sathy is my Warlord leading Beasts (though not Hellions), Strategic remains a solid choice in any case with each having probably an equal chance to positively effect the outcome of the game.
Back to top Go down
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Sathonyx the Beastmaster - Warlord Traits?   Sathonyx the Beastmaster - Warlord Traits? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24 2013, 20:33

Strategic. It helps keep your vehicles alive, while the beasts all have a 4+.

You do only take dogs, correct? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasybattles.com
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Sathonyx the Beastmaster - Warlord Traits?   Sathonyx the Beastmaster - Warlord Traits? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 25 2013, 06:28

Personal is a solid choice as well.

Quote :
Lets look.

Master of Defense - Counter Attack in your deployment zone
Thats situational, but usefull if you planning to defend with the unit or hold it in reserve for some reason.
One of few rolls not so usefull.

Master of Offense - Furious Charge in opponent's deployment zone
Very usefull, beastmasters gaining Furious Charge is a good roll, and since unit is atacking and have crazy mobility and hit'n'run probably it will be usefull as a buff to already powerfull atack.

Master of Maneuver - Warlord and unit he joins gain outflank.
Thats usefull, in certain situations. Outflanking beastmasters with stealth. You could ask for less.

Legendary Fighter - Bonus VPs for killing characters.
Semi usefull, but still nice. The enemy wont be giving sergeants with happy faces.

Tenacity - FNP when near objectives
Beastmasters dont have the option to have FnP, now they do. Very usefull in the Scouring mission, where beastmasters are scoring. Anyway in any mission usefull to help beastmasters deny VPs.

Immovable Object- Warlord is a scoring unit.
Also very usefull, because we have hit'n'run and good mobility, so we can have last run grabs.

So thats 3 very usefull and 3 mildly usefull, no losers at all.
Basically if you are taking Baron and Beastmasters, Personal Traits will help them do better what they are already doing. Thats a win.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sathonyx the Beastmaster - Warlord Traits?   Sathonyx the Beastmaster - Warlord Traits? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sathonyx the Beastmaster - Warlord Traits?
Page 1 of 1