THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Grotesques/grotesqurie question

Go down 
+2
BetrayTheWorld
Xm0shcryptX
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior
Xm0shcryptX

Grotesques/grotesqurie question Empty
PostSubject: Grotesques/grotesqurie question   Grotesques/grotesqurie question I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2016, 17:15

So I've been reading the last big assault troop analysis page. I keep seeing that grotesques re roll to wound vs T4 or less. Am I missing something? I'm not complaining it would be awesome I'm just confused on how. If someone could explain I'd really appreciate it thanks!
Back to top Go down
BetrayTheWorld
Trueborn

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques/grotesqurie question   Grotesques/grotesqurie question I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2016, 17:17

They have poison weapons. The poison special rule says that if you would wound on a better number than your poison, poison instead let's you reroll to wound. So, since S5 grotesques would normally wound T4 on a 3+ instead of a 4+, they wound T4 on a 3+ with a reroll to wound. Wink
Back to top Go down
Xm0shcryptX
Kabalite Warrior
Xm0shcryptX

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques/grotesqurie question   Grotesques/grotesqurie question I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2016, 17:43

Oh thanks man! That's pretty darn good !
Back to top Go down
Kantalla
Wych
Kantalla

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques/grotesqurie question   Grotesques/grotesqurie question I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2016, 18:25

Technically the trigger to re-roll is Strength > Toughness, rather than a lower roll being needed, but in effect BetrayTheWorld is right for Grotesques.

If Grotesques were to get a 2+ poison weapon in a future upgrade, they would still get rerolls vs Marines, which would be amusing.

Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques/grotesqurie question   Grotesques/grotesqurie question I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2016, 20:36

This makes me wonder: If i roll Shred on the Latest Experiments, can i re-roll to wound twice?
Once for Poisoned and once for Shred? Or does "No single dice can be re-rolled more than once" still count, even though it's 2 different special rules?

Edit: Would make shred rather useless when there are only enemies with toughness below 5 on the table.

MarcoAvrelis
Kabalite Warrior
MarcoAvrelis

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques/grotesqurie question   Grotesques/grotesqurie question I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2016, 21:27

It makes shred rather useless, since you may only re-roll a dice once.

Kabalite Warrior
Xm0shcryptX

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques/grotesqurie question   Grotesques/grotesqurie question I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2016, 21:43

Shred wouldn't be useless against T5 and higher though
Back to top Go down
amorrowlyday
Hekatrix
amorrowlyday

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques/grotesqurie question   Grotesques/grotesqurie question I_icon_minitimeFri May 27 2016, 22:27

And given the prevalence of bikespam, It's likely you won't be getting rerolls against marine armies unless your experiment is +1 to str or shred.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grotesques/grotesqurie question   Grotesques/grotesqurie question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grotesques/grotesqurie question
Page 1 of 1