THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1850 List c&c welcome

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FKaos
Slave

1850 List c&c welcome Empty
PostSubject: 1850 List c&c welcome   1850 List c&c welcome I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01 2013, 06:22

I'm in the process of putting together an 1850 list and was wondering if anyone had any advice or noticed a glaring weakness. The list for now is:

Archon-husk blade, shadow field, PGL, Combat drugs (with incubi)
Haemonculus-liquifer & VB (with 9 wyches)
4 incubi- venom w 2 cannon & NS
2x 5 wyches HWG-venom w 2 cannon & NS
9 wyches-raider w NS
5 warriors w blaster- venom w 2 cannon & NS
2x 10 warriors w cannon - raider w NS & splinter racks
9 reavers w 3 blasters
6 reavers w 2 heat lances
Razor wing jet fighter w FF

There might be one or two other minor upgrades in there as well, but what do y'all think?
Back to top Go down
Delvian
Hellion
Delvian

PostSubject: Re: 1850 List c&c welcome   1850 List c&c welcome I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 01 2013, 23:18

Give the Archon a venom blade as well as the Huskblade. For 5 points, it's a steal. That way he can reliably deal with all threats. With a huskblade, if you come up against something of toughness 5 or more, your wounding on 6's, which sucks. Also consider the soul-trap. Pumping him up to strength 6, AP2 instant death (with the Huskblade), makes him unstoppable!

Think about dropping some night-shields on the venoms, particularly the one for the Archon & Incubi. As they are an aggressive close combat unit, they will be closing the range themselves, so not sure it's really worth it. Same with the Wych Raider?

Splinter rack warriors are great, so good choice!

1 more thing. Ravagers?! So effective, and 105 points base!
Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: 1850 List c&c welcome   1850 List c&c welcome I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02 2013, 03:20

Interesting list.
I wonder if you have enough AT. You have 10 lances and the blasters and heat lances need time to get into range. There aren't many darklances on the table turn one, only three if I'm counting right, which leaves your long-range AT lacking. If you run into a meched up list this could hurt you since you have a lot of poison. If the enemy is hiding inside their metal boxes it leaves you with little to poison and precious little to crack them open with to get to the soft and juicy filling.

While they are the all-stars of taking out tough tanks Haywire wyches (generally) are a poor choice for taking out transports since it leaves them exposed to fire from the squad inside and a 30 point rhino is a poor trade for a 60 point wyche unit.

You might want to consider either a couple of ravangers or some sniperborn (three trueborn with two darklances pew pewing from cover) for first turn transport cracking so your splinter cannons and gun boats wont miss a turn of shooting at fleshy things.
This all depends on your local meta of course. If there aren't many armies with transports that you play against then you should be fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1850 List c&c welcome   1850 List c&c welcome I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1850 List c&c welcome
Page 1 of 1