THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Eternal Quest -

Go down 
+17
Lord_Alino
40kScribe
Silverglade
Plastikente
Dragontree
Gobsmakked
average joe
LSK
Blackcat69
facelessabsalom
Bibitybopitybacon
Thor665
commandersasha
eohall
Cavash
Tengu
kourac31
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02 2013, 01:59

Hi,

I'm playing for more than 20 years now (with a long stop between the 3rd and 5th edition). I'll want to do a DE army for a long time, and with the 6 ed I cross the portal threshold. I get a lot of second hand 4th and 5th ed. With the flyers on the move and that I like challenges, I decide to make a voidraven bomber from scratch.
I've based my design on the razorwing and on the description given in the codex.
So I present you the first shots I taken.

First the design drawing:
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  911026voidraven01Copier

I use the following material:
- PVC 2mm and 3mm board (very easy to cut, I get them from home store in France)
- styrene sheet 0.02"
- PVC/plastic tubes of 10 to 16 mm diameter
- plastic glue, pvc glue
- milliput, GS, liquid GS

I've drawn half patterns to reproduce on the the card (available if someone want them).

Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  213029voidraven02Copier
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  245137voidraven04Copier
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  884695voidraven05Copier
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  824322voidraven09Copier
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  220521voidraven10Copier

The most difficult part will be to do the gunner crystal pod. I've some idees but I"ll welcome any suggestions.

I wait your comments !!

Last edited by kourac31 on Mon Nov 10 2014, 01:27; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02 2013, 09:12

Use one from the Razorwing, that's what a kit basher would do. (If they didn't make their own)

Or collect a load of plastic packaging, and choose a bubble you can cut to size
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02 2013, 11:26

Wow. This is quite impressive work so far. I've seen lots of conversions for the Voidraven but this is the firs being built from scratch and I'm enjoying the result.

I don't know what to sugest for the crystal pod. You might be able to find one on ebay.

Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
eohall
Hellion
eohall

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02 2013, 14:15

This is really awesome! I think the wingline is great, fits well within the DE design scheme, and looks very menacing. Obviously you're nowhere close to done, so my only suggestions at this point, which you very well may be already planning on: Bevel the edges of the wings and fins for a sharper more streamlined look, and smooth out the transitions between the flat card and the raised/bulking elements a bit more.
Back to top Go down
kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02 2013, 15:33

Hi, thank you for your comments,

I've planned indeed to thin the edges of the wings ans smooth the transition between each level.
I've installed (not fixed) the directionnal small wings. I've to finish to cockpit area with milliput and add some stones. I've also to finish the jet engine nozzles (from plastic card).

Here a little progress:
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  432670voidraven21800x600
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  649902voidraven23800x600

For the belly, I've mold the one form the raider and cast it in resin

Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  180862voidraven42800x600

enjoy.
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02 2013, 18:27

Absolutely stunning, I'm afraid I have nothing to add but praise and encouragement! Keep up the good work!
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02 2013, 18:51

This is insane and magnificent.

Back to top Go down
Bibitybopitybacon
Wych
Bibitybopitybacon

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02 2013, 21:20

Yum... Nutella...
Oh, amazing bomber as well! Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04 2013, 00:50

This looks awesome!

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04 2013, 04:11

Hi, hereafter a small progress review after the WE.

The working is going slowly due to the drying time between 2 spread of milliput-GS / sanding. Each time I check the smoothness and pass another layer if needed.
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  892889voidraven48800x600Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  686929voidraven49800x600

I think I've finished with the cockpit and the jet engine air entry. I've also add a linear groove on the engine surface.

Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  612267voidraven53800x600
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  261425voidraven54800x600

I've add some elements on the belly toward the front and on the rear.
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  646553voidraven52800x600
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  820749voidraven43800x600

Now I'm working on the engine nozzles

Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  762471voidraven51800x600
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  340287voidraven47800x600

After I've to finish the crystal pod and the void mine. For the missile I'll try to get some from the razorwing. I thought to add some egded blades below the wings. What do you think ?
Back to top Go down
Blackcat69
Slave
Blackcat69

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05 2013, 22:41

Nice vary nice!
Back to top Go down
LSK
Kabalite Warrior
LSK

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06 2013, 22:53

I want to see the final result. Very nice project!

average joe
Kabalite Warrior
average joe

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06 2013, 23:09

Looking very good. Smart use of the Raider underpinning casting.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2013, 00:06

Wow, this is an ambitious project, and it looks like you are doing a fantastic job so far. I haven't seen anything else like this, can't wait to see the end result!

Cheers.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27 2013, 15:07

Hi everybody and a merry Xmas to all,

I'm back after a time off du to settlement in Québec. I've also take time to find and test some material for the crystal pod. I finally decide for a crystal like cover for ceiling tube light:
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  355763voidraven62

I intend to covert most of the jonctions with thin plastic card to form the frame or with paint.
I make a first temporary assembly to see if everything fit. I've DL as void lance and I begin the supporting base.

Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  575262voidraven61800x600
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  630858voidraven60800x600
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  890317voidraven59800x600
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  346038voidraven57800x600
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  485675voidraven55800x600

I need to make a thicker transition between the cockpit and the pod.
Do you think the pod is to big ?

thanks for your comments.
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27 2013, 15:24

I personally think it looks very out of place, both in overall size and aesthetic.

I think something like the tear drop shape of these gemstones:

http://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/113609911/christmas-sale-15-off-gcf-2035-bulk?ref=market

Would be more fitting with the beautiful flowing lines you have in the rest of the model, not least as it would maintain the aerodynamic look you've so well cultivated.

Just my opinion Smile

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27 2013, 16:34

Thank, your are fair.
For me also the pod seems big. I tried to to a tear shape but it is not easy and the gunner should be able to fit in. I will try another shape, more aerodynamic.
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 27 2013, 22:52

This is good progress, very nice to see your voidraven taking good shape. I also believe it looks somewhat too big that crystal pod. Does it weigh much? It feels like it will tip over because of the size.

Back to top Go down
kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30 2013, 05:51

Hi everyone,

Following your comments, I rework my pod installation:
-First I've increase the thikness between the cockpit and the pod following the shape already done

Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  893137voidraven70
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  393476voidraven66

- I've turn 90° the pod and reduce the lenght (I still have to finish the end). I hesitate to insert a gunner or not.

Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  181423voidraven65

- I've located the VL closer to the pod and below

Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  207539voidraven68

Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  508391voidraven67

What do you think ?
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30 2013, 11:21

The size is better but I don't know if ti is enough.

The flat front of the pad is bothering me. I think that the pod should have an ellipse shape. It would fit eldars and Deldars nature and designs. It also make it look more aerodynamic for this flyer.

Otherwise, make the font of the pod round and I'll be happy Razz

Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30 2013, 11:26

I agree with faceless but also think you could take out the middle square section of the whole thing, so as you look at the front square cut the top and bottom lines left to right along the whole length of it and then stick the rounded top and bottom together.

This would remove the square front and make it look super sleek and aerodynamic.

I know the gunner has to fit in there but I personally like the idea of him in a lying forward facing prone position (much like batmans gunning position in the batmobile in the new batman films if that makes sense)

Hope that isn't all too garbled! Still looks great mind you whatever Smile

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Back to top Go down
kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 31 2013, 21:05

Dragontree wrote:
I agree with faceless but also think you could take out the middle square section of the whole thing, so as you look at the front square cut the top and bottom lines left to right along the whole length of it and then stick the rounded top and bottom together.

This would remove the square front and make it look super sleek and aerodynamic.

I know the gunner has to fit in there but I personally like the idea of him in a lying forward facing prone position (much like batmans gunning position in the batmobile in the new batman films if that makes sense)

Hope that isn't all too garbled! Still looks great mind you whatever Smile

That exactly the position I've in mind. Before removing the overall central parts, I install a pointed tip in fornt and put the gunner over to compare:
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  735112voidraven72
Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  390172voidraven73

You see that if I remove the central part, It will become to thin for the gunner. I don't see any other option.
Do you ?
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01 2014, 14:49

Perhaps you could cut off his arms and straighten them out and readjust? You've got a hard task ahead to please us :p
How do you put him in by the way?

Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 01 2014, 15:23

I'd be inclined to agree with faceless on the arms, and perhaps point the toes and roll the head back; that might allow you to take a sliver or two from the middle section? Alternatively you could just call it opaque and not put him in there I suppose.

But we are being nit picky, its quite frankly an amazing construct either way and I can't wait to see it painted (on that note I presume you would leave the crystal white, or would you add electric colour lines to it) Smile

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
Back to top Go down
kourac31
Kabalite Warrior
kourac31

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15 2014, 02:00

Hi,

Some update on my army. I put in stby the bomber for lack of inspiration. A go to do my own wracks based on beastman. I work with magic sculpt (which is cheaper than GS or milliput) which is very easy to work with.

First the Acothyst who will get a hexrifle:

Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  990695acothyst01 Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  827052acothyst02Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  865309acothyst03

The fisrt liquifier gun:

Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  457541wrack201 Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  571156wrack202Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  403940wrack203

The others:

Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  680560wrack101 Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  663152wrack102Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  913961wrack103

Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  617755wrack301Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  662832wrack302Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  433317wrack303

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Eternal Quest -    Kabal of the Eternal Quest -  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Eternal Quest -
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next