THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

fortification for Dark Eldars

Go down 
+2
Lord_Alino
Xyxel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Xyxel
Slave

fortification for Dark Eldars Empty
PostSubject: fortification for Dark Eldars   fortification for Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06 2013, 20:21

Imperial fortifications are for well... Imperials. They do not fit to Dark Eldar aesthetics (and other 40k races).
Idea was born, studies have been made and I've started with :

series of sketches (last one) :
fortification for Dark Eldars 9aic

real size paper model for fortification wall module
fortification for Dark Eldars H0sq

3D model and composition of repetition modules
fortification for Dark Eldars E5gx

3D print and resin casting were done by www.terrains4games.com (they will also sell those modules)

and last thing for me to do was to paint a real model !
fortification for Dark Eldars 546338_sm-Aegis%20Defense%20Line%2C%20Dark%20Eldars%2C%20Fortification%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000%2C%20Warhammer%20Fantasy

fortification for Dark Eldars 546339_sm-Aegis%20Defense%20Line%2C%20Dark%20Eldars%2C%20Fortification%2C%20Warhammer%2040%2C000%2C%20Warhammer%20Fantasy

What is Your opinion? Let me know, especially if You play Dark Eldars.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: fortification for Dark Eldars   fortification for Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06 2013, 21:15

Neat, and plural for Dark Eldar is still Dark Eldar Razz I can see that kind of fortification getting used in the Webway, but definetly not transported for raids since Raids are usually quick. but I like the Aegis Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: fortification for Dark Eldars   fortification for Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06 2013, 22:00

Yes, I see DE as raiders...When the going gets hot, they disappear.

If the DE ever got entrenched, I suspect the fortifications would be very hasty...Possibly made from trashed vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Xyxel
Slave

PostSubject: Re: fortification for Dark Eldars   fortification for Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06 2013, 22:38

Yes, it would be very rare for DE to use fortifications in battlefield and for sure not used at all in raids. But there are things in lower districts of Commorragh that need to be keept at bay, so some kind of perimeter fence would have its uses, I guess.
Also it can be used as a part of buildings battlements and of course in 40k games.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

PostSubject: Re: fortification for Dark Eldars   fortification for Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06 2013, 22:58

ok, I just bought two raiders put them together, and then said hello to Jimmy, the Sledge Hammer
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: fortification for Dark Eldars   fortification for Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2013, 00:03

A very good idea Xyxel, for those who do want DE fortifications. And very nicely done, an impressive project.

Mod Squad pirat    Forum rules, please read ................. or else we release the Khymerae!

The Serpents' Breath - the Dark Eldar corsair scourge
Hive Fleet Void Riven & WIP thread
Back to top Go down
Calindor
Hellion
Calindor

PostSubject: Re: fortification for Dark Eldars   fortification for Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07 2013, 10:40

I like it, good work :-)
Back to top Go down
Khain mor
Sybarite
Khain mor

PostSubject: Re: fortification for Dark Eldars   fortification for Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08 2013, 03:34

Actually these look perfect as walls fortifications in Commorragh itself, in some fortress or something, I really like this, simple, but certainly convincing and effective.

The Biggest Kabal ever, be sure to check it out if you haven't, old and new units.
The Biggest Dark Eldar Apocalypse force you'll find on the net.

My Eldar Facebook Page, feel free to join. All Eldar factions allowed!
Back to top Go down
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254489
Tengu
Wych
Tengu

PostSubject: Re: fortification for Dark Eldars   fortification for Dark Eldars I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08 2013, 09:44

Yes, Im sure there are such edifices in Commorragh itself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fortification for Dark Eldars   fortification for Dark Eldars I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fortification for Dark Eldars
Page 1 of 1