THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition

Go down 
+4
Gobsmakked
facelessabsalom
Archon Claus
GAR
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition Empty
PostSubject: The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition   The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 28 2013, 14:02

The Sixth Stage of the Archon's Challenge.

HOLIDAY, Every so often we must take time to reflect on the finer things in life and enjoy a few days respite. IN the spirit of the Monkeigh tradition, we shall hop onto our ships and go delivery gifts of pain and terror to tall the good boys and girls, and the bad ones, and anyone else who happens to be home sleeping in their beds dreaming a sugar plums.

For the Christmas edition we are going to do a something in the spirit of the holiday. This contest will feature 1 HQ choice and a unit of choice, all of which must be mounted in a Venom so we can accurately portray Archon Claws ( Santa), a few of his not so nice and helpful elves, and a Slay, err Sleigh. Their s not need to make it a winter theme or Christmas specific, although adding a whip in there would be cool.

Stage 6 will be a 3 choices ( 1 HQ, 1 Elite or Troop that could be mounted in a venom, and 1 Venom) available in the Dark Eldar Codex.

Entry is open until the 21st of Jan 2014.

All participants must follow the rules as listed. See link

Contest rules

Submit one WIP shot to enter.

Judging and comment will begin Jan 23th  Best entry will be determined by Jan 25th 2014.

A previously painted model may be used, but you must still enter a beginning WIP picture of the entered model.

All work must be your own. Honor system please.

No comments on anyone's work in this thread. They will be removed. If you wish to comment, please open a thread separately.

Good luck!

Last edited by GAR on Tue Jan 28 2014, 14:36; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://garness.blogspot.com/
Archon Claus
The Baddest Santa
Archon Claus

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition   The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03 2013, 08:45

Immortality, finally!

I am looking forward to seeing what TDC's haemies will conjure up.
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition   The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03 2013, 15:23

I'm also looking forward to what people will come up with! Step up people!

I won't be participating this year, won't be having the time Sad
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition   The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 04 2013, 08:45

Hmmm, I need to have a rattle around inside my bitz box.  I have had a half-completed Venom sitting around for over a year, and I know exactly what sort of theme I want to go with, just need to sort what I might put in it for pax and crew.

EDIT - OK, I am in.  WIP pic in the next day or two, looking forward to this as I have been wanting to do something particular with this Venom for a long time now.

DOUBLE EDIT - my WIP shot of the Venom and Haemie-wannabe.

The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition C218442d-7f72-4333-b568-6c51ccba7fb1_zps12ed4971

Last edited by Gobsmakked on Mon Dec 09 2013, 21:54; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition   The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 06 2013, 04:40

I'm in. I know that it will involve my last unpainted Venom, an old-school HQ model (I'll dig around this weekend), and these Incubi as the evil elves/reindeer. (C'mon, they have pointy ears and  antlers...kinda Razz  )
The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition IMG_20131205_202049527
HQ:
The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition IMG_20131220_112757518_HDR
Gotta get on that Venom

Last edited by Evil Space Elves on Fri Dec 20 2013, 19:31; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition   The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19 2013, 23:39

Howdy,

so in order to draw greater interest, the contest has been extended one month, so get your brushes and get going!
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition   The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22 2013, 20:22

Excellent GAR, hopefully we can get a few more participants.

I am actually pretty much done, but am stuck by not having one of the half-canopies to match the rest of my vehicles. Even though I seem to be the only person around here who uses them, no one else has kept them as spare parts, so I will need the extra time to dig one up  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
krill
Slave
krill

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition   The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 30 2013, 19:35

I'm new but I shall battle with you in this contest of awesomeness. Standby for WIP pic.
Back to top Go down
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition   The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 22 2014, 09:37

Well, I guess it's still Tuesday the 21st somewhere ..... Hawaii?

Cutting it a little fine, as usual, but here are my finished pics.  I was finally able to get my hand on a half-canopy just this past weekend.  Pretty happy with how it all turned out, have been wanting to build this particular vehicle and crew for a long time.

Haemonculus and Wracks in a Venom:

The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition WrackVenom21_zps7eab67c9

The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition WrackVenom08_zps086fc614

The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition WrackVenom41_zps4df9d813

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Evil Space Elves
Haemonculus Ancient
Evil Space Elves

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition   The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 23 2014, 21:54

Yup, I'm screwed on this one. I got "lost to the nails" this month painting my 30K World Eaters. Incubi are done, but nothing else to show show  Mad  I hope to have them done by next week, but definitely not for this.  Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
GAR
Dread Pirate
GAR

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition   The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28 2014, 14:36

I would like to thank Gobsmakked for his amazing entry. I know around the holidays and everything that goes with the new year it can be hard to get anything done.

As such, Gobsmakked is our winner and is entitled to his pick of 3 wreck markers, 3 objectives or 3 custom pain tokens.

Pleae PM me with your choice.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition   The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28 2014, 21:23

Great entry and congratulations Gobs. Going to steal that idea for a future Venom.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Gobsmakked
Rumour Scourge
Gobsmakked

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition   The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31 2014, 00:29

Thanks Sky, and thank you very much GAR.  It would have been much nicer if there were some other entries, but c'est la vie I suppose.

Thanks to GAR for running the Archon's Challenge once again.

It was a lot of fun and it got me to finally finish this idea that I have been kicking around since I built my Void Raven, so .... 2 years now?  Embarassed  Embarassed  Embarassed   I am very happy with the end result, and that is all that matters.

PM incoming.  Cheers.
Back to top Go down
Darkgreen Pirate
Sybarite
Darkgreen Pirate

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition   The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 31 2014, 11:23

nice work mate!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition   The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Archons Challenge: Christmas Edition
Page 1 of 1