THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Kabal of the Death Knell project log

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
fluffystuff
Slave
fluffystuff

Kabal of the Death Knell project log Empty
PostSubject: Kabal of the Death Knell project log   Kabal of the Death Knell project log I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16 2013, 00:13

Kabal of the Death Knell project log 11242176946_dcba040637

I've been a regular visitor to The Dark City for quite a long time, so it's time to step out from the shadows and contribute.

My Kabal has been a work in progress since fourth edition, so it's an ancient project. It's always unfinished and I'm always going back and tweaking.

The paint scheme for the Kabal of the Death Knell is Blue, Red, and copper. The copper has a patina look.

Typically my warriors are blue with red highlights and my true born are red with blue highlights. One of my next projects is another squad of 10 warriors, but they are going to be copper, just to change it up a bit. There is only so much blue I can paint before I go nuts.

Here is a Talos I've been working on. I have a second Talos project on the way The second Talos is red and pale skin.

Kabal of the Death Knell project log 11242245313_0cfb8fea23

Kabal of the Death Knell project log 11242244993_874e447875

Here is the Trueborn project. I'm re-doing this one.

Kabal of the Death Knell project log 11242172426_8df9389c7e

Close up photos are coming very soon.
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Death Knell project log   Kabal of the Death Knell project log I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16 2013, 00:36

I really like the crispness of all the paints, the blue is lovely. Liking the cork? bases as well, a very individual look.

Look forward to seeing more!

The_Burning_Eye wrote:
it's the Starsky and Hutch venom! but I'm kinda ok with that
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Death Knell project log   Kabal of the Death Knell project log I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16 2013, 00:39

Beautiful blue! Lovely shading on the sails. I presume it's all air brushed? Really makes me wanna start air brushin as well...

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
fluffystuff
Slave
fluffystuff

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Death Knell project log   Kabal of the Death Knell project log I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16 2013, 02:30

Dragontree wrote:
I really like the crispness of all the paints, the blue is lovely. Liking the cork? bases as well, a very individual look.

Look forward to seeing more!

Yeah, that is cork. I'm thinking about doing some scenery to match. I'm thinking a battle on an iceberg is in order.

facelessabsalom wrote:

Beautiful blue! Lovely shading on the sails. I presume it's all air brushed? Really makes me wanna start air brushin as well...

You should! I love my airbrush. It makes life so much easier. If you want to try a similar effect without the expense, you can try dry pigments. There are a few alternatives to air brushing, and they all have their place. Have fun and experiment.

Just merged two of your posts
/face
Back to top Go down
fluffystuff
Slave
fluffystuff

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Death Knell project log   Kabal of the Death Knell project log I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 16 2013, 03:18

A close up of my talos before he was glued together:
Kabal of the Death Knell project log 11395397354_26deff85f3
IMG_3149

Kabal of the Death Knell project log 11395313755_ffcb933de4
IMG_3148

A photo of my workspace:
Kabal of the Death Knell project log 11395613245_25479be37a
IMG_3225

I still have a lot of work to do on my vehicles, but here is one so far:
Kabal of the Death Knell project log 11242167366_e9790a3826
IMG_3208
Back to top Go down
Fidra
Hellion
Fidra

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Death Knell project log   Kabal of the Death Knell project log I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17 2013, 14:02

Absolutely jaw-dropping, a delicacy to the eyes. Looking very much forward to seeing the trueborn and the talos.
Back to top Go down
Dakkon
Slave
Dakkon

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Death Knell project log   Kabal of the Death Knell project log I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17 2013, 14:58

Very nice stuff, just clicked into the flickr to see larger images. super clean!
Back to top Go down
fluffystuff
Slave
fluffystuff

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Death Knell project log   Kabal of the Death Knell project log I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17 2013, 21:13

Fidra wrote:
Absolutely jaw-dropping, a delicacy to the eyes. Looking very much forward to seeing the trueborn and the talos.

Thanks. I really appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
fluffystuff
Slave
fluffystuff

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Death Knell project log   Kabal of the Death Knell project log I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 17 2013, 21:14

Dakkon wrote:
Very nice stuff, just clicked into the flickr to see larger images. super clean!

Thank you. I really try to keep it clean and I'm glad it comes across.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kabal of the Death Knell project log   Kabal of the Death Knell project log I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kabal of the Death Knell project log
Page 1 of 1