THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Dark Eldar Vengeance Weapons Batteries

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roc
Kabalite Warrior

Dark Eldar Vengeance Weapons Batteries  Empty
PostSubject: Dark Eldar Vengeance Weapons Batteries    Dark Eldar Vengeance Weapons Batteries  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28 2014, 04:34

Finished the initial sculpt of my Dark Eldar Vengeance Weapon Batteries. Thanks again to those who helped out with the sizing issues. The base is not the permanent one, but I included it to get the idea. There are also some mold lines that I will have to sand off and/or cover/use in my paint scheme, but overall I'm happy with it.

The concept is that the Kabal webways in the gun emplacements simultaneously with an attack, and they can move then in and out of the webway during the course of a fight (obviously they don't move in game, of course).

The center is an essence a "ball" of webway/warp/plasma that powers the gun, the "casing" holds focuses the dark energy between the two pillars, and the eye of sauron looking thing converts it into blasts equivalent of a quad ion-cannon. Its on a flying base, so they entire thing rotates (as opposed to just the weapon on the turret).

Mind you, I'm incredibly untalented in the modelling and artistry department, so appreciate all comments, suggestions and ideas. The only major problem I've run into is that this thing is 1.4 lbs.... the next one will be hollow or, but that leaves me with a basing issue to solve-- unless I use 3" styrofoam balls and sculpt the clay over that...

Dark Eldar Vengeance Weapons Batteries  IMG_0446_zps036d8232

Dark Eldar Vengeance Weapons Batteries  IMG_0447_zpsea6cabdd

Dark Eldar Vengeance Weapons Batteries  IMG_0448_zps6ce8f9f8

Dark Eldar Vengeance Weapons Batteries  IMG_0449_zps61e966f8
Back to top Go down
facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

Dark Eldar Vengeance Weapons Batteries  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Eldar Vengeance Weapons Batteries    Dark Eldar Vengeance Weapons Batteries  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 28 2014, 11:12

I assume you are not done with this piece. It would need alot of sanding I think. This is a mighty task and one that I'm not entirely sure if I would want to sculpt.

I would instead spend time on planning and measuring out plasticard or something similiar in 2-5 mm thickness and build the weapons battery hull/frame. I know you can bend the plasticard permanently do make it similiar to your sculpt. Then maybe sculpt the ball in the middle, hollow and by pressing the clay against another sphere surface. You would get a lighter weapons battery and one that you hopefully would not need to sand as much.

Good luck with your project!

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down

Dark Eldar Vengeance Weapons Batteries
Page 1 of 1