THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

An Eldar HQ to boost Scourges? How about Swooping Hawks?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

An Eldar HQ to boost Scourges? How about Swooping Hawks? Empty
PostSubject: An Eldar HQ to boost Scourges? How about Swooping Hawks?   An Eldar HQ to boost Scourges? How about Swooping Hawks? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25 2014, 06:44

Hi. I like Scourges.
I'd like to boost my Scourges with an HQ.
Like Baron Sathonyx boosts the Hellions for example.
He can boost Scourges too but not as good i think (give "use cover" or something?)
So here my questions:

1. Could for example the Swooping Hawk-ish Eldar HQ Baharroth or other Eldar HQs buff Scourges better? I could also just have a Haemunculus give them a pain Token.

2. Can Swooping Hawks complement Scourges? Which are better?
Back to top Go down
egorey
The Duck of Death
egorey

PostSubject: Re: An Eldar HQ to boost Scourges? How about Swooping Hawks?   An Eldar HQ to boost Scourges? How about Swooping Hawks? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25 2014, 13:28

Your obvioius is Baharroth since you get the no scatter DS, haywire and hit and run. But you are spendinfg a lot of points on this unit. You might just want to add the Baron too so that Baharroth can detach and skyleap solo again.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: An Eldar HQ to boost Scourges? How about Swooping Hawks?   An Eldar HQ to boost Scourges? How about Swooping Hawks? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25 2014, 14:05

egorey wrote:

Your obvioius is Baharroth since you get the no scatter DS, haywire and hit and run. But you are spendinfg a lot of points on this unit. You might just want to add the Baron too so that Baharroth can detach and skyleap solo again.

All the models in the unit have to have the "Herald of Glory" special rule for them not to scatter on the deep strike unfortunately. As Baharroth is the only one with it, the Scourges can't benefit, so the whole unit scatters.

For me, it's not really worth attaching an HQ just to try and buff Scourges. Certain things could maybe help them a bit, like an Autarch with a fusion gun and wings, but he doesn't make them any more likely to land where you want them, and he could still miss.

In terms of how Swooping Hawks could work with Scourges... I don't think they'd work any better or worse than any other unit if you're deep striking the Scourges. They could arrive at different times anyway, so working in tandem isn't guaranteed, and the Hawks are for killing light infantry, whereas the Scourges can bust tanks. I think you're best off using the Scourges as either a haywire platform that starts on the board to take advantage of the slightly superior range offered by haywire blasters over heat lances and blasters, or just running them as five man suicide squads with heat lances or blasters. Include Hawks by all means, they aren't bad. They could maybe waste a squad that would otherwise return fire at the Scourges after they've destroyed a tank or something, but that's very situational. I wouldn't deem them a must take though.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: An Eldar HQ to boost Scourges? How about Swooping Hawks?   An Eldar HQ to boost Scourges? How about Swooping Hawks? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25 2014, 16:50

You might want to attach Baron actually, to tank shots on 2++ and give them upgraded cover.
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: An Eldar HQ to boost Scourges? How about Swooping Hawks?   An Eldar HQ to boost Scourges? How about Swooping Hawks? I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 25 2014, 20:55

Azdrubael wrote:
You might want to attach Baron actually, to tank shots on 2++ and give them upgraded cover.

It could work, I'd just be wary of sacrificing him for what is essentially a suicide squad. And you always fail that 2++ when you rely on it! I like what he brings to Hellions too much to not take him with them really. Taking advantage of his cover improving abilities really means you have to land the Scourges in terrain to gain any actual advantage over their 6++, and that's when they start twisting their ankles to death  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down
Marrath
Wych
Marrath

PostSubject: Re: An Eldar HQ to boost Scourges? How about Swooping Hawks?   An Eldar HQ to boost Scourges? How about Swooping Hawks? I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 26 2014, 06:17

Thanks for the insightful replies!
I'd run the Baron with Hellions too.
I just hoped the CW Eldar had something better.
Guess i'm gonna get the Eldar Codex as they are more or less Nr.1 allies anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Eldar HQ to boost Scourges? How about Swooping Hawks?   An Eldar HQ to boost Scourges? How about Swooping Hawks? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Eldar HQ to boost Scourges? How about Swooping Hawks?
Page 1 of 1