THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Venom Spam vs MEQ?

Go down 
+9
Azdrubael
notts
Thor665
TotingTenderToes
Vasara
Brom
Laughingcarp
Expletive Deleted
40kScribe
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Barking Agatha
Wych
Barking Agatha

Venom Spam vs MEQ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Venom Spam vs MEQ?   Venom Spam vs MEQ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12 2014, 18:11

*sigh* I suppose it was inevitable. I gave you two your big break and I thought you were my guys, but I have to let you go, don't I? You now belong to... Le Monde. So, how was it?

GARY: I dunno. Karlos said I'd mocked him. You don't really think I was mocking you, do you buddy?

KARLOS: No, you're just a bit of a self-absorbed git.

GARY: And you're kind of a mean girl -- in the best way, of course. That's why it works, right?

KARLOS: We're not girls, we just have bishy hair. You're confused.

GARY: You were right though, all that running and shooting, and shooting and running, what's the point?

KARLOS: Well... it's quite eldary. I guess some people care about that.

That's me, right? You're talking about me?

GARY: And that business about the eldar missile launcher. Turns out we can't shoot airplanes after all.

Yeah, I know, I messed up there.

GARY: Do you even fact-check these things before we go live?

What can I say, guys? I slipped. Sorry!

GARY: It undermines the whole scene! And you forgot to mention that Karlos also gets to choose a blaster or a shredder in there.

Well, to be fair, I was only thinking about big guns there. I mean, the shredder is only range 12"...

GARY: Range doesn't matter!

KARLOS: Whoa, I thought we just decided that range does matter!

GARY: So you're saying...

KARLOS: It kind of matters and it kind of doesn't.

GARY: What a guy, haha! My pal!

What about you, Karlos? It kind of sounded like you were reading from the prompter there...

KARLOS: Yeah, all those years of improv and they won't let you ad-lib. I got one in there, though.

GARY: The bit about the hooks, yeah. That was a good one! I fed him that line, you know.

KARLOS: You broke character, you git.

GARY: I had to do something! You were just going on and on about 'stars... stars...'; you sounded like that guy from Resident Evil.

KARLOS: Sure, what do you know about stars? Everything is stars these days. That's all that matters, is stars, woof stars, bike stars, scream stars, rock stars...

GARY: 'Staaars... staaars...'

Come on guys, don't fight; you're better than this.

KARLOS: Yeah, you're right. See you around, Agatha.

GARY: Watch out for the razorwings.

What? No, come on, guys, I said I was sorry. I -- eee! ow, ow! owie!
Back to top Go down
lessthanjeff
Sybarite
lessthanjeff

PostSubject: Re: Venom Spam vs MEQ?   Venom Spam vs MEQ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12 2014, 19:08

[quote="Count Adhemar"]
lessthanjeff wrote:

Using a beastmaster unit to babysit a quadgun is an horrendous waste of the unit. Beasts are one of our strongest assault options, especially when paired with The Baron. They should be motoring forwards heading straight for the enemy, not sitting at the back to get a BS4 model, of which we have many, on a quadgun.

Is it such a terrible idea? I haven't done it yet, but by my logic I'm not using all my fast attack slots anyway and I'm saying I will still do a separate unit of beast assaulty goodness to take advantage of.

My thinking was that for 42 points I can get a beastmaster and 2 razorwing flocks. That's 11 wounds with a 4+ cover save that doesn't waste shots from the rest of the squad no matter who they shoot at. Furthermore, if something pops up on them to assault them and tie them up I do want them to be fairly effective in melee to wipe the enemy and get back to manning the gun.

It could also be adjusted for going against specific armies, like maybe a few khymerae instead of razorwings when your enemies have weapons that ignore cover.

Alternatively, I could spend 45 points on a squad of kabalite warriors who have less wounds to absorb attacks with, are weaker in melee, and end up with a few guns that don't get to contribute against any of my targets anyway.
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: Venom Spam vs MEQ?   Venom Spam vs MEQ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12 2014, 19:15

Those 5 wounds disappear at S6 or higher would be my major concern.

Sybarite
lessthanjeff

PostSubject: Re: Venom Spam vs MEQ?   Venom Spam vs MEQ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12 2014, 19:30

Yeah, if I'm anticipating a lot of str 6 or 7 I was going to lean towards the khymarae or maybe even a single clawed fiend for majority toughness bump and still as many wounds as a kabalite warrior squad. That versatility is one of the things I like for making a small, cheap, and seemingly more effective quad gun unit. Using less models will reduce incoming wounds from blasts and templates too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Venom Spam vs MEQ?   Venom Spam vs MEQ? - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Venom Spam vs MEQ?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3