THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins

Go down 
+4
tlronin
Slaanesh
Local_Ork
DarkKokabel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
DarkKokabel
Hellion
DarkKokabel

Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins Empty
PostSubject: Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins   Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28 2011, 06:18

So I've been thinking of running harlequins because I love the models and think they are a pretty good unit overall. I've looked into using them via forums and other routes and everyone complains about their mobility compared to the rest of the army. My question is, if I use a Raider for a unit of DL warriors and I have Lady Malys, can I use her Precognisant ability to redeploy the warriors out of the Raider then put a unit of harlequins in it? I would think you can but I'm not sure since Harlequins can't normally get a raider as a dedicated transport but you can get harlequins in one if you take the warriors out and put the harlies in next turn. Your view?
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins   Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28 2011, 07:51

IMHO they can't start on non-dedicated transport. I read "redeploy" as "deploy again using rules of deployment & scenario".
Back to top Go down
Slaanesh
Hellion
Slaanesh

PostSubject: Re: Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins   Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28 2011, 07:57

Raiders are dedicated transports. a dedicated transport is bought for a single unit, but they DON'T actually have to start the game in said raider.

Here's an example:

I buy 1 raider for a 10 man warrior squad and i also buy a 10 Harlequin squad. I deploy with the 10 man squad out wherever i want them and then place the Harlequins and the raider next to each other (better if both are behind cover) then on my turn in the movement phase i have the harlequins embark on the raider.

I do this with rhinos all the time, leaving it as a taxi or just an empty distraction, usually when i'm trying to hold off against horde armies and stuff. So i leave my chaos warriors in cover while my rhino drives around for.. well anything.

Honestly, they HAVE great mobility, just people are to lazy or are to scared to take a chance of their warrior squad (or whatever) getting shot. Sure you cant disembark and butt that turn... but its turn 1, your most likely getting in combat by turn 2 anyway!
Back to top Go down
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins   Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28 2011, 14:41

Lady Malys doesn't magically make rules disappear. You can put units at another spot on the table, or from/in reserve. But you can't suddenly deploy Harlequins in a Raider.

On a sidenote: I either deploy Harlequins with a Shadowseer for his Veil of Tears, or I deploy them from a WWP. If you really want them in that Raider. Then deploy the Raider with Warriors. Disembark them first turn, embark Harlequins first turn et voila.
Back to top Go down
DarkKokabel
Hellion
DarkKokabel

PostSubject: Re: Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins   Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28 2011, 16:31

Ok, I just reread the BRB and saw the entry about dedicated transports so I now see how stupid my idea was. It's not that I'm afraid of them getting shot up or anything, I was just looking for a way for a turn 1 butt with them because that's what I do with a lot of my butt units. Oh well, thanks for the clarification.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy Kwi
Nightmare Doll on the Loose
Grumpy Kwi

PostSubject: Re: Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins   Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 28 2011, 22:00

tlronin wrote:
On a sidenote: I either deploy Harlequins with a Shadowseer for his Veil of Tears, or I deploy them from a WWP.

This is how I run them too and I haven't had a problem getting them into action, you just have to move them just right in the first turn as to use the Shadow Seers veil as well as getting close enough to charge some thing.

I generally use mine to hide a WWP haemy and it has worked very well for me. When I do not need them to hide the Haemy (like in down of war and I have first move) they go in the WWP.

Unfortuanately though, whenever they got into an empty raider my opponent has always made it a priority to bring it down. Sad
Back to top Go down
Fyrepwetty
Hellion
Fyrepwetty

PostSubject: Re: Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins   Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 20:58

Not sure where this would be strategically useful, but if you have a half full raider with say 5 kabal, and have 5 harlies. Can you embark into same vehicle? If so, can you still deploy the kabals after a move, or does the harlies joining negate that?
Back to top Go down
theblackjackal
Hellion
theblackjackal

PostSubject: Re: Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins   Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 26 2011, 23:55

No. With the exception of superheavies and independent characters (and Storm Ravens, but that's another story) you may not have more than one unit embarked on the same transport at the same time.

Does it make sense logically? No, but that's GW rules for you...
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/frontier2170
tlronin
Wych

PostSubject: Re: Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins   Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2011, 19:29

I think it's just one of those things to keep the gamemechanics simpel. Imagine 5 Raiders with 2 squads of 3 models and 1 squad of 4 models. Now try to remember which squad is/was in which raider.
Back to top Go down
Local_Ork
Fleshsculptor
Local_Ork

PostSubject: Re: Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins   Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 27 2011, 20:29

I knew Ork player that was able to fit whole Boyz unit into his Trukk (GorkaMorka matchbox).
Looked funny, but I gues that made him happy...

Anyway I'm kinda bummed that aliens are too stupid to take transport for more guys than it's max capacity, then split into evenly groups.
Back to top Go down
SinisterPlank
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins   Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 06 2011, 01:10

Alternatively, you could field Vect and the Dais, with 9 Harlies in it. Only way to get that first turn butt out of them.

My advice would be to buy 10 warriors, or some such, give them a darklance and have them deployed in cover, near an objective, then deploy the raider and the harlies close enough for a turn 1 embarkation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins   Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malys, Raiders, and Harlequins
Page 1 of 1