THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

First 1750 List

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Merdoc
Slave

First 1750 List Empty
PostSubject: First 1750 List   First 1750 List I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13 2014, 22:27

HQ:
Duke Sliscus the Serpent

Elites:
4x Kabalite Trueborn with 2x Splintercannon in a Venom with Splintercannon and Nightshield(unit to receive Duke Sliscus)
4x Kabalite Trueborn with 4x Blasters in a Venom with Splintercannon and Nightshield

Troops:
10x Kabalite Warriors with Splintercannon in a Raider with Nightshield and Splinter Racks
10x Kabalite Warriors with Splintercannon in a Raider with Nightshield and Splinter Racks
5x Kabalite Warriors with Blaster in a Venom with Splintercannon and Nightshield
5x Kabalite Warriors with Blaster in a Venom with Splintercannon and Nightshield
5x Wyches with Heywire Grenades in a Venom with Grisly Trophies, Splintercannon, and Nightshield
5x Wyches with Heywire Grenades in a Venom with Splintercannon and Nightshield

Heavy Support:
Ravager with Nightshield and Flickerfield
Ravager with Nightshield and Flickerfield
Ravager with Nightshield

1746/1750

Any suggestions would be appericiated. I spent a few hours reading examples and this is what I came up with.

Last edited by Merdoc on Fri Mar 14 2014, 20:22; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kilrane
Slave

First 1750 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1750 List   First 1750 List I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14 2014, 07:06

Do you plan on using his Deep Strike ability? Because if you do, Sliscus has to be deployed with a Kab unit. So that'd take away a lot of the Bloodbrides efficacy.
Back to top Go down
Merdoc
Slave

First 1750 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1750 List   First 1750 List I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14 2014, 07:13

I don't believe this is true. His deepstrike ability is not tied to him being in a Kab unit. He has a diffrent ability that upgrades the poison on the poisoned weapons of a Kab unit he is attached to, if he is attached to one.
Back to top Go down
Kilrane
Slave

First 1750 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1750 List   First 1750 List I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14 2014, 07:38

It's not a choice, it's a requirement if you have Kab warriors in your army.  

From the FAQ:

Q: What happens if your force contains Duke Sliscus but does not contain any Kabalite Warriors or Kabalite
Trueborn, as the Serpentʼs Venom special rule says he must deployed with one of those units? (p51)
A: He will deploy like any other independent character.

If you have Kab Warriors in your unit he must be with one of them.  If you don't then he'll deploy as a normal IC.

Edit: The reason I was commenting on his Deep Strike ability was because he must be deployed with a Kab unit.  So if you're thinking of DS him with your Heks then you'll have to rethink your strategy.

Last edited by Kilrane on Fri Mar 14 2014, 07:40; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Merdoc
Slave

First 1750 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1750 List   First 1750 List I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14 2014, 07:40

oh, ok. Updating list.
Back to top Go down
Athalkar
Hellion

First 1750 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1750 List   First 1750 List I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14 2014, 19:01

Caveat; if you don't like what I suggest ignore it.

-Thus may also join a trueborn squad all of your have room for him.

-Replace one of the 4x blasterborn squads with a third ravager -- Ravagers are cheaper and have a larger threat radius with dark lances. (this also ups your alpha strike lances from 5 to 8 (i.e., lances you can use on turn one)... statistically you need 9 to take out a wave serpent which does not have jink protecting it).

-Grisly Trophy upgrade; how do you plan on using the 5 and 4 man teams? If they are just staying inside the vehicle, then the trophy is wasted because they are fearless while embarked. When the vehicle explodes, (and when you need the re-roll) the vehicle is gone along with the trophy. For units not leaving the raider until the raider constitutes as a terrain feature grisly trophy upgrades are unnecessary.

Back to top Go down
Merdoc
Slave

First 1750 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1750 List   First 1750 List I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14 2014, 20:26

I like the suggestion, updated accordingly. The reason that I had so many Grisly Trophies was to take 30 points at the end. The only unit that are supposed to get off their boat are the Wytches.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

First 1750 List Empty
PostSubject: Re: First 1750 List   First 1750 List I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First 1750 List
Page 1 of 1