THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

1750 first list

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Dhoxyr
Slave
Dhoxyr

1750 first  list  Empty
PostSubject: 1750 first list    1750 first  list  I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 06 2018, 23:34

Hi! This is my first attempt at making a 1750 list. I am fairly new to the game in that i played a bit back in the day (around like 5th-ish ed.) and then i mostly played CSM. I had started to get into DE just before I had to stop playing (due to moving out of state and into the middle of no where) because I just can't resist that sleek and edgy aesthetic!

Moving on I made this list working from a sort of template that was recommended to me. Basically I was told about a few things I should strive for when making a Kabal list like making sure I have transport for my units since we get open top and making sure that vs most army types I have enough Dark Lances / Disintegrator Cannons to deal with things.

So with this in mind I made sure that for all but one of my Archons I have transport (he is pretty much only meant to be hiding in the back somewhere and providing cheap CP generation). Basically the warriors all jump in raiders; fly around and shoot up the place. An Archon and a squad of True born each do the same but from the back of a venom and top it off with a trio of ravagers each rocking 2 dissies and a dark lance for taking advantage of multi-targeting if need be (mostly I don't want to put 3 DL on 1 ravager just to see it go down and now I only have 1/2 of my anti tank).

My fire power summary is as follows:
7 DL @ BS3+
6 Diss @ BS3+
3 blasters @ BS2+
8 blasters @ BS3+
6 splinter cannon @ BS3+
38 Splinter Rifles @ BS3+

So with the 1750 point limit in mind do you guys think I have enough? Looking at buddy of mine's 2k points list that I made the template from, his looks like:
11 Dark Lances at BS3+
9 Dissies @ BS3+
9 blasters @ BS3+
3 Blasters @ BS2+
3 Razorwing Missiles @ BS3+
4 Splinter Cannons @ BS3+
40 Splinter Rifles @ BS3+

Basically the main differences between us beside the point difference are he doesn't run even one venom (but they look so sexy!) 1 less true born 1 more raider and 3 razor wings. Meh. It seems like its mostly just the difference in 1750 vs 2000 to me but maybe I'm wrong. I'm a little worried that there might be a big loss anti tank with losing 4 dark lances.

Anyway that's enough from me what do you guys think? Also as a side note, I play vs Tau a lot and they run riptides and shield drones thoughts on how to get around that? Its really obnoxious.

+++Total +9CP

++ Battalion Detachment +5CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [50 PL, 928pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment Attribute: Kabal of the Obsidian Rose

Gametype: Matched

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 94pts]: Agoniser, Blaster, Phantasm Grenade Launcher, The Helm of Spite

Archon [4 PL, 94pts]: Agoniser, Blaster, Phantasm Grenade Launcher

+ Troops +

Kabalite Warriors [6 PL, 110pts]
. 7x Kabalite Warrior
. Kabalite warrior with Heavy Weapon: Splinter Cannon
. Kabalite Warrior with special weapon: Blaster
. Sybarite: Splinter Rifle

. 7x Kabalite Warrior

. 7x Kabalite Warrior

. 7x Kabalite Warrior

+ Elites +

Kabalite Trueborn (Index) [5 PL, 75pts]
. Dracon: Splinter Rifle
. 2x Kabalite Trueborn
. Trueborn with Heavy Weapon: Splinter Cannon

Kabalite Trueborn (Index) [5 PL, 75pts]
. Dracon: Splinter Rifle
. 2x Kabalite Trueborn

+ Dedicated Transport +

Venom [4 PL, 75pts]: Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

Venom [4 PL, 75pts]: Splinter Cannon, Splinter Cannon

++ Spearhead Detachment +1CP (Aeldari - Drukhari) [45 PL, 821pts] ++

+ No Force Org Slot +

Detachment Attribute: Kabal of the Black Heart

+ HQ +

Archon [4 PL, 91pts]: Agoniser, Blaster, Labyrinthine Cunning, Warlord (Archon)

+ Heavy Support +

Ravager [7 PL, 130pts]: Dark Lance, Disintegrator cannon, Disintegrator cannon

+ Dedicated Transport +

Raider [5 PL, 85pts]: Dark Lance

++ Total: [95 PL, 1749pts] ++

Created with BattleScribe
Back to top Go down
Silverglade
Wych
Silverglade

1750 first  list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1750 first list    1750 first  list  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07 2018, 01:06

Splinter cannons are not what they used to be in 5th ed.

While my standard build in 5th ed included 3 squads of trueborn in venoms with 2X splinter cannons each, you'll find them much more lack lustre now.

I also find it odd to have the splinter cannons in your KW squads along with blasters. yes you can split fire, but you'll find yourself at odd ranges and places on the board. Better to dedicate some units to blasters and some to volume fire.

The other thing I would point out is that currently your Archons have nowhere to ride (which can be okay if they're sitting in the backfield). in 8th Ed. your trueborn are 5 man squads (vs. 5th ed. where you started at 3 man squads). So the Venoms can't hold both.

Either go with 4X blaster trueborn, or perhaps put two of those trueborn squads together in one raider with splinter racks (that actually sounds like fun! may have to try that).

I would then drop one of your KW squads and the corresponding raider to get some other units to compliment. (like Scourges, or mandrakes).

You could do 4X blaster born, plus one of the two archons in a raider. Then maybe put your other squad of trueborn in the backfield with your Archon (would give them DL in this case rather than splinter cannons)

I'm personally a big fan of triple disintegrator cannon ravagers, but a bit of personal preference on that front.

Back to top Go down
Dhoxyr
Slave
Dhoxyr

1750 first  list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1750 first list    1750 first  list  I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 07 2018, 08:16

Oh i butchered this all up i was under the impression that venoms transported 6 infantry maybe i should learn to read >.< baxk to the drawing board sigh ty for the help though! i'll update the list.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

1750 first  list  Empty
PostSubject: Re: 1750 first list    1750 first  list  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1750 first list
Page 1 of 1