THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

De 1750 first list!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Padea
Slave

De 1750 first list! Empty
PostSubject: De 1750 first list!   De 1750 first list! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 11:44

HQ

Archon
Agoniser, Ghostplate armour, Combat drugs,
Clone field, Phantasm grenade launcher. (Join Wracks)

Haemonculus
LG (Join Wyches)

Elite
3 Trueborn, 3 Blasters, Venom w/ extra SC

Troops
5 Warriors, Blaster, Venom w/ extra SC
8 Wracks, LG, Acothyst, Agoniser, Raider, FF,
8 Wyches, Haywire grenades, Agoniser, Raider FF

Heavy
Ravager, FF
Ravager, FF
Ravager, FF

53 Models (11 Vehicles)
23 Lances

My first list.
The idea is to have Archon with the wracks providing the grenades. Haemi is to join the wyches to provide a FnP incase the transport is going down.
Well its more or less a shooty list, pick out the transports/tanks, cripple the units on foot finish the off with the wracks/wyches.
I am guessing wyches are the better choices in combat, but I love the wrack models and its the only thing with T4!

Feedback is welcome!

Jim.

Last edited by Padea on Fri Aug 05 2011, 22:04; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: De 1750 first list!   De 1750 first list! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 19:22

Okay, my big question is a simple one;

Why Disentegrator Cannons on those Raiders?

You're pulling what , I think, is a common rookie mistake in looking at your anti-mech capability, let's analyze.

24 Lances

Sounds scary, right? Yeah, I'd be scared to have 24 lances come at my army. That's a lot of lance shooting. It's a big number too, no way your list needs more anti-mech with 24 lances, yeah? Ah, but here's the catch; let's say you're fighting an IG gunline and have first turn, at competitive 1750 he's probably sitting around with 7 Chimera and 6 Leman Russes or so. Let's presume every single lance you have will hit, penetrate, and destroy what it's shooting at. Perfect and awesome world! IG Leafblower lists will quake in terror! And you shall dance on the bones of...8 dead vehicles.

Wait, what?

You have 24 Lances.
You can only shoot at 8 different targets with them.
That means your anti-mech shooting better be *really* good if you want to do enough damage to definitely deal with a tournament mech list, because Lances are not actually super likely to kill vehicles right away.

Now, let's look at the other side;

Wyches will want to assault infantry.
Wracks the same.
Archon the same.
You have some Liquifier guns in there to shoot infantry.
You have 5 Venoms capable of generating 60 poison shots.
Do you *really* need more anti-infantry at that stage?

I strongly encourage you to keep the lances on the Raiders as lances, I really think, especially at this point value, that you will desperately need those extra lance shots vs. any competitive mech list.

Hope that helps,
Thor.

Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: De 1750 first list!   De 1750 first list! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 19:56

I'l second on what Thor said here. There is seldom any reason to bring disintigratos into the army. You have a fantastic anti infantry gunboat and that is the venom, use that one for this purpose. After a few games where you notice that you only stun vehicles for a while with lances you will want more lance weapons spread out across the army.

One point here might be to trim down some points from the trueborns and run them with only 3 men strong with 3 lances. And then trim some points here and there to like removing agonisers from wyches and wracks etc and try to fit in another warrior unit in a venom or raider.

Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: De 1750 first list!   De 1750 first list! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 20:31

@tekalphabet - You're steering him towards pure gunline, and if he wants to do that I think he would want to drop the Wracks entire and go with just WYches for tarpit potential. If he wants to use his assault units to actually gut stuff the Agoniser is a pretty vital and needed tool. Not to mention, at that stage he'd want to change the Archon.

He could keep combat potential in his assault units and still get the extra Troop slot by trimming the Trueblasters to 3 each and then just slimming down the Wych and/or Wrack squad of a couple members.

Back to top Go down
teknistmajjan
Kabalite Warrior
teknistmajjan

PostSubject: Re: De 1750 first list!   De 1750 first list! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 20:35

Thor665 wrote:
@tekalphabet - You're steering him towards pure gunline, and if he wants to do that I think he would want to drop the Wracks entire and go with just WYches for tarpit potential. If he wants to use his assault units to actually gut stuff the Agoniser is a pretty vital and needed tool. Not to mention, at that stage he'd want to change the Archon.

He could keep combat potential in his assault units and still get the extra Troop slot by trimming the Trueblasters to 3 each and then just slimming down the Wych and/or Wrack squad of a couple members.

Thats one way to do it. Id rather keep numbers over some weapons thou. as a DE player its about cranking the numbers.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: De 1750 first list!   De 1750 first list! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 20:41

Ah, but numbers of units or numbers of models in units? I crank the former over the latter. I'm a big MSU proponent.

Back to top Go down
Padea
Slave

PostSubject: Re: De 1750 first list!   De 1750 first list! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 22:11

First of all.

Thanks everyone for the great feedback!

It was good to get it in a different perspective, and now I have done a few minor changes.
One less trueborn each squad, and one less wrack/wych. So I managed to squeeze in one more warrior troop!

Only sad thing is that i lost one lance, though I have more lances at different locations and more MSU. So I guess that is good Smile

So how does it look now?

Jim.
Back to top Go down
Sky Serpent
Adrenalight Junkie
Sky Serpent

PostSubject: Re: De 1750 first list!   De 1750 first list! I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 05 2011, 22:31

It's a very competitive list.

This is what I'd change from a very biast slant.

Wracks, I'm not a fan, I don't see what that unit of 8 would achieve that Wyches wouldn't. I'd go for a duplicate of the other Wych squad.

You've now got two units of Wyches and the main empthasis of the army is shooting, what would make those Wyches better? Duke.

Our friend The Serpent would allow some deep strike shenanigans to taste and make those Wyches twice as good. Why not also turn one of the Trueborn units into a splinter cannon squad to take advantage of his poisons.

Oh and another Haemonculus for the other Wych squad would add some extra punch too.

Now, this is biased as I love the Duke and Wyches but feel they would add a lot to your list.

I've also talked myself into what could possibly be my 'competitive' list.

Administrator of The Dark City - Please message me any suggestions, improvements or problems
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedarkcity.net
Padea
Slave

PostSubject: Re: De 1750 first list!   De 1750 first list! I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 07 2011, 20:42

Thanks for those pointers! Well if I was to make the army you said, I think it would look something like this?

List:

HQ
Duke
(Join Transport w/ Splinter cannons)

Elite
4 Trueborn, 4 Blasters, Venom w/ extra SC
4 Trueborn, 4 Blasters, Venom w/ extra SC
3 Trueborn, 2 Splinter cannon, 1 Shard Carbine, Venom w/ extra SC

Troops
8 Wyches, Haywire grenades, Heka, Agoniser, Raider FF
8 Wyches, Haywire grenades, Heka, Agoniser, Raider FF

Heavy
Ravager, FF, Shock Prow
Ravager, FF, Shock Prow
Ravager, FF, Shock Prow

54 Models (11 Vehicles)
22 Lances

I tried to have two Haemis with duke but it came to like 25pts to much. Sure I could strip like 3 wyches but then I feel the squads are to small so I made the army like this.
Duke is really interesting and all. But for now I am voting for list Nr1.
Would be cool to try that gunbattery with Duke Smile

Sorry for big post! But I tried making an list with one more troop and a few more wyches and I think I like it! Very Happy

Haemonculus
(Join Wyches)

Elite

Troops
9 Wyches, Haywire grenades,Heka, Agoniser, Raider FF
9 Wyches, Haywire grenades,Heka, Agoniser, Raider FF

Heavy
Ravager, FF
Ravager, FF
Ravager, FF

60 Models (12 Vehicles)
24 Lances

Last edited by Padea on Mon Aug 08 2011, 00:19; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Baron Tordeck
The Helfather
Baron Tordeck

PostSubject: Re: De 1750 first list!   De 1750 first list! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08 2011, 00:09

You have 22 lances in that 1st list BTW.

7 wychs is just as good as 8. I would lost them to get a 4th TB w/ carbine into the Dukes TB unit.

Whats the exact point total of list two, if its 1748 or less you can stand to lose 2 wychs per squad to get a 2nd Haemie.

Of the two lists I like list one more.

Forum Rules - Read and Obey - Or Else!
Back to top Go down
Padea
Slave

PostSubject: Re: De 1750 first list!   De 1750 first list! I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 08 2011, 00:20

Baron Tordeck wrote:
You have 22 lances in that 1st list BTW.

7 wychs is just as good as 8. I would lost them to get a 4th TB w/ carbine into the Dukes TB unit.

Whats the exact point total of list two, if its 1748 or less you can stand to lose 2 wychs per squad to get a 2nd Haemie.

Of the two lists I like list one more.

Yeah, my idea was to have 2 Haemis but the 2nd list i 1749 so even if I drop 4 wyches I will still have one point to much :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: De 1750 first list!   De 1750 first list! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

De 1750 first list!
Page 1 of 1