THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Raider deep strike rules

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kraxsis-ca
Slave
kraxsis-ca

Raider deep strike rules Empty
PostSubject: Raider deep strike rules   Raider deep strike rules I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17 2014, 02:01

Hi all. I've been trying out a deep striking raider list and I was hoping you guys could help me settle a debt between me and my league. I believe that when a raider deep strikes and lands on a building ( witch counts as impassable terrain) if you are able to fit the model on the building and pass a dangerous terrain test then you do not have to role on the deep strike mishap table. Any help would be great.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Raider deep strike rules   Raider deep strike rules I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17 2014, 06:56

Quote :
Deep striking units count non-ruined buildings (except for their battlements) as impassable terrain

Quote :
If any of the models in a deep striking unit cannot be deployed, because at least one model would land partially or fully off the table, in impassable terrain, on top of a friendly rnodel, or on top of or within I " of an enemy model, somethmg has gone wrong. The conrrolling player must roll on the Deep strike Mishap table and apply the results.

The impassable terrain section on page 90 makes no exemption for vehicles.

The movement rules for skimmers do say that they can end their move on impassable terrain if you can place the model but that does not alter the deep strike rules (above) as it is still impassable terrain, even though you can place the model.
Back to top Go down
kraxsis-ca
Slave
kraxsis-ca

PostSubject: Re: Raider deep strike rules   Raider deep strike rules I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 17 2014, 12:06

I assumed that after a raider has scattered and ended its DS movement on impassable terrain that a dangerous terrain test was all that was needed to remain there, but according the the DS rule if I touch impassable terrain while trying to DS its a mishap no matter what vehicle your in. Unless stated in the vehicles special rules. Kinda lame and confusing. Thanks for the help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raider deep strike rules   Raider deep strike rules I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raider deep strike rules
Page 1 of 1