THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Would/could this work?

Go down 
+3
Skulnbonz
Unorthodoxy
WarAdmiral
7 posters
AuthorMessage
WarAdmiral
Hellion

Would/could this work? Empty
PostSubject: Would/could this work?   Would/could this work? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27 2014, 21:55

Would/could a army comprised of Baron and 2x 10 Hellion squads, Archon w/ 9x Incubi in a Raider and 1 Ravy as heavy support be a effective list? If used as a straight speed across the table and constantly be in the face of the enemy. Fight dirty, gang up on each of the enemy squads and eliminate the as fast as possible as soon as possible.

Thoughts plz?
Back to top Go down
WarAdmiral
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Would/could this work?   Would/could this work? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 02:23

Am I to presume by the silence that this is a insane idea?
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Would/could this work?   Would/could this work? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 07:01

No. Just need to be patient for an answer. Lol.

One warning though. As the points rise, Incubi go progressively down in value. Great at lower points perhaps but just be aware if that changes anything for you.

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Skulnbonz
Hekatrix
Skulnbonz

PostSubject: Re: Would/could this work?   Would/could this work? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 13:03

Hellions.

toughness 3

5+ save

these are not only your troop choices, they are your assault units.

they will not live past turn 2.

Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

PostSubject: Re: Would/could this work?   Would/could this work? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 13:19

... if you're deadset on these units I'd have 3x Haemonculi instead of the archon. Split the incubi in two squads of 4 or 5 depending on what transport you want to take. Put two haemonculi with the incubi and one with the hellions without the baron.

Or 2x haemonculi with the two hellion squads and two 5x incubi squads.

Basically put a pain token your hellions otherwise like Skulnbonz said, they're not going to make it into assault.

9 incubi is too many. Trust me, there is too much of a good thing.

Klaivex
Squidmaster

PostSubject: Re: Would/could this work?   Would/could this work? I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 13:20

Skulnbonz wrote:
Hellions.

toughness 3

5+ save

these are not only your troop choices, they are your assault units.

they will not live past turn 2.

This. In total agreement.
Your Hellions WILL be shot down. One of them will benefit from having the Baron with them, but even that won't be enough of a benefit to keep them alive once they come under fire, and even Stealth won;t be enough to save them. A decent round of shooting from a Tactical Squad would murder them, Gods forbid they have a flamer with them.

http://www.escelionfilms.com
Athalkar
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Would/could this work?   Would/could this work? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29 2014, 01:32

One larger squad of hellions would work better (not necessarily 20 but a 15 man squad would bring sufficient shots and assault clean up to the table). With enough shots they should be able to get their own pain token after deep striking and dumping 32 (w/ baron) into a squad (should cause 10-11-- wounds Modify for saves as appropriate).

The baron will let the the hellions jump from terrain feature to terrain feature so they should be getting a min 4+ cover save; however, beware of ignore cover weapons. With a larger squad you opponent might ignore them and focus on softer easier to destroy units.

Hellions are good against a lot of armies and in a lot of situations; however, the are too many situations which they would just suck (read: Wave Serpents, Smart Missles systems, Helturkes, the rule "Interceptor") So more fun than competitive (although an appropriate list can make them more competitive with unit synergies-- the above suggested trick with a hammy is a good one turns gives that 4+ the backup 5+ FnP).

One thing to note about hellions is that they are not a primary assault unit-- treat them like fast moving dire avengers with the ability to assault to finish off an opponent and you will not go too far wrong. (They simply do not have the staying power for a protracted close combat, especially against other assault troops.)

as for the notes on incubi that you've already been given.... I concur. About 4-6 incubi is what you should be looking at. 6 might be too many if you are having them run with the archon... it depends on the type of armies in your meta.
Back to top Go down
WarAdmiral
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Would/could this work?   Would/could this work? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29 2014, 03:14

Thanks for all the great info. Seems like Hekkions are better served in a larger point list.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

PostSubject: Re: Would/could this work?   Would/could this work? I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29 2014, 07:03

Hellions need a shooty army, they wont pull the weight of killing themself.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would/could this work?   Would/could this work? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Would/could this work?
Page 1 of 1