THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

something so dumb it might work

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
CanadianMecha
Hellion
CanadianMecha

something so dumb it might work Empty
PostSubject: something so dumb it might work   something so dumb it might work I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18 2016, 00:38

Hi fellow archons

we all know scourges as unit who deepstrike, hopefully destroy a vehicule, and die. But, what if scourges could be more than a suicide scouad ?

so this ,dumb, idea cross my mind: scourges inside a raider!!!

of course the raider will be equip with an night shield ,otherwise this idea will be even more stupid than it is already, and maybe a dark lance.

so this combo will end up to cost us between: 190 to 195pts

I want to hear your thoughts!

Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: something so dumb it might work   something so dumb it might work I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18 2016, 01:40

From the rule book

"Only Infantry models can embark upon Transports (this does not include Jump or Jet
Pack Infantry), unless specifically stated otherwise."

Unless it specifically states it can carry jetpack or jump units (like a stormraven) it can't. sorry.
Back to top Go down
CanadianMecha
Hellion
CanadianMecha

PostSubject: Re: something so dumb it might work   something so dumb it might work I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18 2016, 01:52

oh, I thought they can but they count as bulky Razz
Back to top Go down
Myrvn
Wych

PostSubject: Re: something so dumb it might work   something so dumb it might work I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18 2016, 01:56

The bulky rule appears to be for buildings. It caught me off guard as well.
Back to top Go down
The Red King
Hekatrix
The Red King

PostSubject: Re: something so dumb it might work   something so dumb it might work I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18 2016, 02:10

I did the same thing about 2 years ago. It was one of my first posts on the site. Are you me.

Hellion
CanadianMecha

PostSubject: Re: something so dumb it might work   something so dumb it might work I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18 2016, 02:43

probably not @The Red King Wink
Back to top Go down
stilgar27
Sybarite
stilgar27

PostSubject: Re: something so dumb it might work   something so dumb it might work I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18 2016, 03:03

Every jump type infantry has the bulky special rule - I think you can chalk it up to GW trying to standardize rules.  This is ignoring the fact that eldar stuff would tend to be smaller and better integrated than the brute machines of the imperium/orks/etc.  I'm not a fan of broadly standardized rules.

Sadly, Not even the vampire which is a 730 point lord of war with a carrying capacity of 30 can carry jump or jet packs, and it's the only flying transport in an eldar faction where every infantry model can take a jetpack.

Needless to say space marines get transports for whatever unit types they want whether it's jump packs, terminators, bikes, or dreadnaughts.
Back to top Go down
CanadianMecha
Hellion
CanadianMecha

PostSubject: Re: something so dumb it might work   something so dumb it might work I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 18 2016, 03:26

like we all know...GW made Space marine and the others
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: something so dumb it might work   something so dumb it might work I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

something so dumb it might work
Page 1 of 1