THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

HQ question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
WarAdmiral
Hellion

HQ question Empty
PostSubject: HQ question   HQ question I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27 2014, 22:30

Is there a limit to how many HQ you can have in an army?
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

HQ question Empty
PostSubject: Re: HQ question   HQ question I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27 2014, 22:36

Codex p81, the Force Organisation Chart, or FOC explains it clearly. 1 or 2 HQ units per detachment.
Back to top Go down
WarAdmiral
Hellion

HQ question Empty
PostSubject: Re: HQ question   HQ question I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 27 2014, 22:40

Thanks, was hoping for a work around.
Back to top Go down
Dra'al Nacht
Kabalite Warrior

HQ question Empty
PostSubject: Re: HQ question   HQ question I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 00:18

Note that the limit is 2 HQ 'choices' (at <2000 pts). Some choices (Haemonculi being an obvious example) allow multiple units per choice. So it is possible to have 2 choices consisting of up to 3 Haemonculi each, for a total of 6 HQ units for 1 detachment.
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

HQ question Empty
PostSubject: Re: HQ question   HQ question I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 00:43

Another work around is to take allies. You get a third HQ there. Kind of like I took IG allies with my Iron Warriors to get a 4th heavy slot.

So with two hamonculi detachments of three and allies you could have 7+ HQs. Not sure why you'd want to though, lol.
Back to top Go down
WarAdmiral
Hellion

HQ question Empty
PostSubject: Re: HQ question   HQ question I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 00:46

Was wanting to take Baron for a Hellion squad and 2 other HQ options for to ride in Raiders w/ a squad each.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

HQ question Empty
PostSubject: Re: HQ question   HQ question I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 07:14

allies can do a lot for you. And they shall Know No fear from a SM ally for example can drastically make a unit better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

HQ question Empty
PostSubject: Re: HQ question   HQ question I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 08:42

Boo, no, Just Say No to allies! Game breaking and cheating! The introduction of Allies in regular 40K is what started this whole broken power balance trend! (I hate allies, is that coming across??)

That being said:
Expletive Deleted wrote:
...Kind of like I took IG allies with my Iron Warriors to get a 4th heavy slot.
That is the first time I have heard of someone doing Allies that I approve of! Well played sir! Nice work-around, so sad that codeces don't have FOC-changing options for fluff reasons, IW SHOULD be allowed a 4th Heavy, that is decades-old fluff, isn't it?
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

HQ question Empty
PostSubject: Re: HQ question   HQ question I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 28 2014, 11:14

Indeed! IW used to be able to take 4 heavy slots AND they used to be able to take basilisks. Granted, I still had to take a troop and HQ, but it's not hard to say "traitor guard". I'm in full agreement with you though. I hate allies. Even when it makes sense fluff wise it seems like a cheesy thing to do. If I ran a harlequin list I might ally in eldar, or corsairs(with my dark eldar), because that's harlequin fluff, and I get another elite slot for harlequins. But as it stands allying necrons with Blood Angels? Give me a break.
Back to top Go down
commandersasha
Sybarite
commandersasha

HQ question Empty
PostSubject: Re: HQ question   HQ question I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29 2014, 09:34

All of the broken power creep has come from GW failing to recognise that fun bolt-ons ruin the game balance.

Allies is a great fun idea, and giving a fluff structure via the Matrix is excellent; But it should have been an option, as an appendix, and not stated as part of the core rules.
Similarly, all models that are fliers should have remained as Fast Skimmers, unless you and your opponent elect to add Appendix 2, "Flyers and FMCs".

Apocalypse is great fun. 6 buddies, tequila slammers every turn, edible scenery, some of the best days gaming I can remember. Tactics? Ha! Anyone complaining that something isn't fair in Apoc has missed the point, and has to wear the doofus hat.
Allies has the same effect, as do all the Dataslates.

Sorry, rant over!
Back to top Go down
Expletive Deleted
Wych
Expletive Deleted

HQ question Empty
PostSubject: Re: HQ question   HQ question I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29 2014, 11:58

Preaching to the choir commandersasha. Just had a new player move into the area. He stated pulling out wave serpents and wraithknights from his box. I let out a sigh, but then I thought, hey maybe he just loves eldar. Afterall, if Dark Eldar became the new hotness I wouldn't stop playing them. Then he pulled out a riptide and some broadsides. I just put my face in my hands.

To get back on topic though, a couple haemmies with Hex Rifles might be what you're looking for. Precision sniper shot that's basically a poison and they can shoot at range with your warriors, unlike a blaster archon. Give them other arcane wargear to taste.
Back to top Go down
WarAdmiral
Hellion

HQ question Empty
PostSubject: Re: HQ question   HQ question I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 29 2014, 17:22

I do not want to use allies at all for DE, I don't even see why we have any IMHO. For other armies I can see it.

I feel a HQ selection is made after a decision is made on your troops. Some HQs just play better w/ certain Troop options.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

HQ question Empty
PostSubject: Re: HQ question   HQ question I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

HQ question
Page 1 of 1