THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Inquisition War models

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Groke
Slave
Groke

Inquisition War models Empty
PostSubject: Inquisition War models   Inquisition War models I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 03 2014, 18:56

My FLGS is starting a new campaign, based around an Inquisition War.  The basic idea is that each army is lead by an Inquisition detachment, with the radical and puritan factions duking it out.  I've been thinking about putting together some Deathwatch guys for a while, which means Marines as primary.

Getting ready for this campaign has been occupying most of my hobby time lately, and is likely to take most of my game time, too.

So far I've been focused on the Inquisitor and his warband.  We're encouraged to be creative with the modeling.  I've got a bunch of Necromunda miniatures that I've had since they were new.  I've decided to finally use them.

My background is that the inquisitor had been clearing out a genestealer cult in the underhive on some planet.  He lost most of his team, so recruited some local gangers.

Inquisition War models Inquisitorvolta
Inquisitor Volta, my warlord.

He's equipped with a Needle Pistol (Poisoned 2+ AP2), which I've decided is a DE spinter pistol fancied up by a Jokaero.  The other conversion here is his necklace/inquisitorial rosette.  This is from the Forgeworld Inquisition brass etch set for the pendant, plus a length of the finest chain necklace I could find at the craft store.

Inquisition War models Ripperservoskulls
Necromunda ripper things, which I'm using as servo skulls (psychically dominated by Volta).  These were pretty much painted as is.

Inquisition War models Warband
His warband.  The're all acolytes.

The non-juves have carapace armour (explained by their bulk.  They're so tough they can shrug off bullets, I guess).  Conversions are putting plasma muzzles on two guns (these didn't turn out as distinctive as I wanted them too, but I wasn't prepared to cut out the guns entirely from these one-piece metal models..), and making the flamer guy "one-eye" by putting a scar on him.  I also made =][= "electrotattos", on their back.

I wanted neon hair (which I got from super cheap craft store paint).  I decided to make the pants match the hair, in a muted version of the color.  I was worried that it would keep the unit from looking cohesive, but I think it turned out pretty well.

Inquisition War models Inquisitorialrazorback
Their ride, on loan from the Deathwatch.

This has the Forgeworld front/side doors, and is blinged up with purity seals, insignia from the Forgeworld brass etch set, and extra top detail bits (smoke launcher and satellite dish thing) from another vehicle set.

Up next is a 5-man Deathwatch Kill Team (counts-as Sternguard, or maybe a Command Squad), and their Drop Pod.  I figure that after the campaign I can keep using the Deathwatch, with either the Drop Pod or Razorback, even if I don't end up using the Inquisitor and friends much.

Last edited by Groke on Thu Apr 03 2014, 18:58; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed link)
Back to top Go down
deep-sea-captain
Hellion
deep-sea-captain

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition War models   Inquisition War models I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04 2014, 01:15

Man o man! This is the campaign being played at a place called endgame right? I think I read the rules for it on the IC podcasts forum, it looks like its going to be so much fun, I'm super jealous. Your force is coming along really nicely, looking forward to seeing your Deathwatch! I've got my own killteam and I use them as sternguard, going to paint up there own transports so they don't need to keep borrowing the Crimson Fists haha.
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition War models   Inquisition War models I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04 2014, 03:40

It's ripper *jacks*. Ya gotta respect the ripper jacks, or they'll eat your face.

The Necromunda lover in me was tickled pink seeing so many of the old models. I love the work you did on the bounty hunter in particular, he is styling as an Inquisitor. I also dig the Goliaths, I think they look great together.

You need to update us on how the campaign proceeds.
Back to top Go down
Groke
Slave
Groke

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition War models   Inquisition War models I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04 2014, 05:59

Thanks, everyone.

Ripper jacks, that's right. I've got more Goliath metal dudes, a couple of Escher, and I think a couple other special dudes (at least the beastmaster that came with the ripper jacks). I also have most of the plastic dudes that came in the box, but they haven't aged nearly as well as the metal miniatures. I mean, just look at the Inquisitor's hair. How can you not love that guy?

This is indeed at Endgame in Oakland, and has been mentioned on the Independent Characters podcast and on their forum. Adan, one of the (guest?) hosts, is one of the guys running it. It starts up at the end of May. I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Count Adhemar
Dark Lord of Granbretan
Count Adhemar

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition War models   Inquisition War models I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 04 2014, 09:27

Ahh Necromunda! I used to love that game. My Delaque gang was much feared in our campaign and the miniatures later came in useful for games of Dark Heresy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inquisition War models   Inquisition War models I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Inquisition War models
Page 1 of 1