THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

8e - ORKS in Space

Go down 
+11
Creeping Darkness
4thDimensionWizard
Maraxus
Devilogical
Azdrubael
Archon_91
DEfan
Tounguekutter
CptMetal
amishprn86
Dalamar
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dalamar
Sybarite

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 16:15

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/05/25/warhammer-40000-faction-focus-orks/
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 16:36

This confirms that there are no challenges.
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 16:44

Finally. Such an irrelevant rule and just annoying as a chaos player.
Back to top Go down
amishprn86
Archon
amishprn86

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 17:05

CptMetal wrote:

I dont care that its gone, but it was for me fun and neat, and i do play chaos as well and it was even more fun for me as chaos (I play KDK chaos, i have like 4k points of just Khorne lol)
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 17:45

As a Khorne player you're morally obliged to love everything close combat related Wink

I hope that Orks, as well as us, are getting buffs but not too much. Don't want to play Craftworld Eldar
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 18:47

I don't mind the challenges game mechanic gone, because if you and your opponent want you can do informal challenges anyway. The thing I love about this streamlining thing is that it is easy to add rules to a simple game, and this is better than dealing with the complex rules of a game that is inherently complex. I'm sure not all will agree with me. I for one miss the Initiative characteristic for how it mapped reality onto the game, but I'll learn to live without it.
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 18:51

Warhammer 40,000 Faction Focus: Orks wrote:
Combine this with the ‘Ere We Go special rule that allows Orks to re-roll failed charge rolls and holy smokes, you’ve got a fighting force to be feared!

This in my mind confirms we will have some sort of Charge distance bonus, hopefully better than the Orks' but we'll see. It's simply that we have had a bonus to our charge distance for how long? 5th? And before that Fleet of Foot worked by allowing us an extra D6 movement. I would so love us to just get a flat 6" bonus every time we advanced or charged - oh well, a sadistic megalomaniac alien can dream right?
Back to top Go down
DEfan
Sybarite
DEfan

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 20:14

Delighted for Orks that the absolutely hideous "Mob rule" that stuffed them up this edition appears to be on the way out and their morale will be the same as their squad size.

7th has been unkind to Orks and DE...
Back to top Go down
Archon_91
Wych
Archon_91

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 20:18

And another thing that has been confirmed (in the background) is that wyches will probably end up with 2-3 attacks as it seems all basic cc weapons add a second attack for attacking with that weapon, looking at the Choppa and chainsword both having the same exact wording, our standard wych blades will also have that wording "add a second attack when attacking with this weapon" so they didn't actually lose an attack ... If anything they gained one for being able to shoot the pistols iin the shooting phase
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 20:35

Well, i bet agoniser didnt get that one extra atack. ITs special weapon output that matters, not S3.
Back to top Go down
Devilogical
Sybarite
Devilogical

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 21:03

Have you notice that `iconic chainsword` is now the same dumb stuff as an ordinary choppa?
lol!
Back to top Go down
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 21:12

Devilogical wrote:
Have you notice that `iconic chainsword` is now the same dumb stuff as an ordinary choppa?
lol!

That's true. It always bugged me that having a mad-max quality axe was no more quality than a weaponized Chainsaw. Really? Equally effective?
Back to top Go down
Maraxus
Hellion
Maraxus

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 21:16

As i guessed, orks will be one of the armies that most benefit from the new AP/To-Wound system. Good for them. And it'll be fun to see ork armies that don't fall into the pattern of overwhelming win or devastating loss, no between.

Anecdote: I once had a game with necrons vs orks where i simply stashed a large squad of necron warriors in a piece of forest terrain - and subsequently murdered the everliving stuff out of the even larger unit of boyz charging into said squad. I hope for orks' sake that's not gonna be a thing anymore. (Charge into terrain against even a unit crap in cc, lose the combat anyways)

P.S.: Regarding the removal of the challenge system - a godsend. I mean, gameplay-wise, that left certain armies at a massive disadvantage once an enemy made it into CQC (Astra Militarum for example). And fluffwise, it just didn't make sense for most armies - Astra Militarum (with their leaders more inclined to just tell their squad "shoot them then fix bayonets"), Necrons (who only practice "honourable combat" against enemies they deem worthy, i.e. other necrons), Tau (greater good and all that not being served by doing tactically unwise things like fighting a challenge), AdMech, Inquisition, and last but not least the Dark Kin - Other than the Wych Cults and the Incubi, which DE leader would be so stupid to accept a challenge?

But yeah, good riddance Challenges. I used them against my enemy when it suited me, but as my father (Astra Militarum player) pointed out, once somebody declared a challenge against his squad, doesn't matter what he chooses, it's the wrong choice. No amount of wargear could fix that.
Back to top Go down
4thDimensionWizard
Hellion
4thDimensionWizard

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 21:39

I don't know if I like challenges being gone, but it was sort of telegraphed by the fact that characters could no longer join units. Without them joining a unit, there isn't much point in challenges.

With them always being considered a unit in and of themselves, the replacement for challenges is basically to have your character successfully charge their character. That actually negatively impacts our DE characters more than many others, since our characters like a succubus or Lelith have historically been more vulnerable to overwatch without a unit to soak the hits. The same applies to any Ork character without heavy armor.
Back to top Go down
Creeping Darkness
Wych
Creeping Darkness

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 22:15

I see that Orks get a way to mitigate, if not ignore the new Morale mechanic... as do Tyranids (ignore if in synapse) and those weird plague gribblies are also immune. Wasn't part of the point of the change to Morale to make sure it affected everyone? If they keep handing exceptions out like candy, we'll be back exactly where we were!
Back to top Go down
http://thecreepingdarkness.blogspot.com
Tounguekutter
Sybarite
Tounguekutter

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 22:38

Creeping Darkness wrote:
I see that Orks get a way to mitigate, if not ignore the new Morale mechanic... as do Tyranids (ignore if in synapse) and those weird plague gribblies are also immune. Wasn't part of the point of the change to Morale to make sure it affected everyone? If they keep handing exceptions out like candy, we'll be back exactly where we were!

Yeah I am a bit afraid of this. I'd better take a morale check.

Assuming my leadership is a meager 6 for an untrained human... phew I rolled a 5 on randomizer. No need to panic.

All joking aside, I liked that everyone was going to feel it, although we should have known that individual characters would never have to take a morale test, although that was always the case for lone characters.

We also know Chaos space marines got their priest-thingy buffer. I'm sure And They Shall Know No Fear shall have its own iteration. Previously Fearless units I would expect to get a buff.
Back to top Go down
4thDimensionWizard
Hellion
4thDimensionWizard

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeThu May 25 2017, 22:44

I wonder if we'll still have access to things that do damage to all units within range based on leadership. That might be devastating for non-marine characters since they're units on their own now.
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 14:04

Without wishing to expose a crack in my Mask of Eternal Pessimism, the Ork stuff actually doesn't look half bad. Neutral

CptMetal wrote:

I'm with you on this. It always seemed a really stupid rule to me - both in fluff and rules.

Tounguekutter wrote:
That's true.  It always bugged me that having a mad-max quality axe was no more quality than a weaponized Chainsaw.  Really?  Equally effective?

Well, to be fair, the chainsword always looked like a weapon that would be at least as dangerous to its user as it was to the enemy. Razz
Back to top Go down
CptMetal
Dracon
CptMetal

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 15:25

Maybe the Ork weapons are so deadly because Orks use them?
Back to top Go down
The Shredder
Trueborn
The Shredder

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 15:33

CptMetal wrote:
Maybe the Ork weapons are so deadly because Orks use them?

Dat's Right. Yu gott use ur 'ed. If dere wuz a better weapon dan dis, I'd be usin' it. But since I aint, dat can only mean that dis here axe is the best weapon around!
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 15:48

Orks, the masters of mind over matter.
Back to top Go down
Calyptra
Wych
Calyptra

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 16:07

Orks... in... spaaaaaaaace!

I have such a wish list for Orks, which is that I want everything back. I want the clans back. I want Speed Freaks/Evil Sunz. I want Blood Axes that can take human and ogryn troops. I want boarboyz on cyboars, and hop-splat field guns, and squig catapults.

I WANT TO USE MY TINBOYZ AGAIN.

I always thought it would be cool to represent the White Spiders using the Snakebites list; both clans have the poison thing going on, and you could swap the boarboyz for spider riders using the Fantasy models. Of course, they'd need to make a Snakebites army list again.

Just let me use my Tinboyz again, GW. They've sat in the box for so long.
Back to top Go down
CurstAlchemist
Wych
CurstAlchemist

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 16:36

I hope lootas get sniper rifles again. Ah, the good old days of truly looted weapons and vehicles.
Back to top Go down
Azdrubael
Incubi
Azdrubael

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 18:01

Quote :
Without wishing to expose a crack in my Mask of Eternal Pessimism, the Ork stuff actually doesn't look half bad. Neutral

Let me help get it back. Every other army except ours has been shown something really positive. Except us. Feel the despair.
Back to top Go down
krayd
Hekatrix
krayd

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitimeFri May 26 2017, 18:32

because our vehicles being able to move and shoot without penalty isn't positive. Razz

Hitting on 3s may not seem like a big deal, until you're forced to hit on 4s.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

8e - ORKS in Space Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8e - ORKS in Space   8e - ORKS in Space I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8e - ORKS in Space
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next