THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sharpe
Slave

Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting? Empty
PostSubject: Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting?   Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12 2014, 22:55

Hey guys,

So I was playing a 100 point game the other day against space wolves. I was using reavers and I stated that they get a 3 + Cover save after turbo boosting, my friend was fine with this, but then when I went to double check in the codex there was nothing to say that this was so. We also checked in the rule book and the only thing that we could find was that they get a 4+ cover save.

Have we missed something? What is the actual rule 876for reavers after turbo boosting?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting?   Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 12 2014, 23:12

The relevant rules are Jink and Skilled Rider.

Jink gives you an inherent cover save. As jetbikes, Reavers have Jink.
Skilled Rider, in addition to other effects, gives you +1 to your jink cover saves. Reavers are skilled riders.

Therefore, they're always +1 to their Jink, which means after a turbo-boost (4+ jink save) they get +1 for a 3+.

Jink - page 38 BYB
Skilled Rider - page 41 BYB
Reavers get skilled rider - page 29 Codex

I think that's all the stuff you need to know.
Back to top Go down
Sharpe
Slave

PostSubject: Re: Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting?   Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13 2014, 13:07

Ah ok that helps a lot. Thanks!

Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting?   Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 13 2014, 17:43

No worries.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting?   Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting? I_icon_minitimeTue May 13 2014, 15:29

Thor665 wrote:
Reavers are skilled riders.

Hm, I couldn't find that part anywhere. Where did you get that?
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting?   Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting? I_icon_minitimeTue May 13 2014, 15:52

Its just under their special rules on page 29 and 91.

Always very handy to remember it, I forgot for my first many games using reavers. Boo.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting?   Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting? I_icon_minitimeTue May 13 2014, 15:56

On these two pages is morale and terrain. In the german rulebook, that is.
But I read the special rules and the rules for jetbikes. No skilled driver there...
Back to top Go down
Dragontree
Wych
Dragontree

PostSubject: Re: Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting?   Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting? I_icon_minitimeTue May 13 2014, 15:59

Oh sorry! I thought you meant where it listed skilled rider as a special rule for the reavers in the dark eldar codex, my bad!

I think it is in the USR section underneath scout.
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting?   Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting? I_icon_minitimeTue May 13 2014, 16:04

Found it. Haven't looked in the codex. My bad...
Back to top Go down
Thor665
Archon
Thor665

PostSubject: Re: Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting?   Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting? I_icon_minitimeTue May 13 2014, 16:08

Yeah, for information on Reavers being skilled riders - look at their codex entry under 'special rules'.

Thor665 wrote:
Reavers get skilled rider - page 29 Codex
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting?   Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting? I_icon_minitimeTue May 13 2014, 16:16

In german it says 'Gelände-Erfahrung', wich means something like terrain experience.
And the rulebook says, that converts to skilled rider. Damn. I should have known that in my last game...
Back to top Go down
valmir
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting?   Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting? I_icon_minitimeTue May 13 2014, 23:13

Zenotaph wrote:
In german it says 'Gelände-Erfahrung', wich means something like terrain experience.
And the rulebook says, that converts to skilled rider. Damn. I should have known that in my last game...

Where does it actually say that? I remember reading it, but then couldn't find it again once I'd actually started playing games under 6th. 3+ is a lot better than I'd been playing it...
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting?   Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting? I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 10:18

Actually I read this in the Index. In the small book, coming with the dark vengeance set,
it should be on page 154. In german, that is. But you should find it in the index...
Back to top Go down
valmir
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting?   Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting? I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 19:00

Thanks, Zenotaph!
Back to top Go down
Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting?   Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting? I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 19:22

Damn, too late. I've just seen, that you're from around here. Could've told you better in german...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting?   Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reavers- 3+ Cover save after turbo boosting?
Page 1 of 1