THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Eldar Model Releases

Go down 
+2
Unorthodoxy
Gorthaur
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Gorthaur
Slave
Gorthaur

Eldar Model Releases Empty
PostSubject: Eldar Model Releases   Eldar Model Releases I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25 2014, 18:30

I just feel the need to get this off my chest, as the Eldar were one of my favorite factions in 40k to begin with. Now the Dark Eldar have an absolutely stunning range of models, they have risen to my another favorite of mine too.

I have always been more of a painter/modeling kind of guy, rarely ever playing 40k. And when the Eldar got the most recent update I was truly underwhelmed by their release. Plastic Wraithguard were cool, for the Iyanden supplement. The Wraithknight was kind of not so attractive. Then we got a couple finecast models (I thought they were trying to do more plastic characters). I think they got 1 plastic farseer as well.

Overall, a rather boring release of models. Still no jetbike...which is just insane. A repackaging of the Dire Avengers and I wont even go there... No updated aspect warriors either. (swooping hawks and banshees would make a great dual kit due to their jumping dynamic poses) The Eldar guardians also need a sprue recut (akin to the Tyranid warriors) particularly to make the legs one piece, and place the heads differently to reduce the flash/stubs that you have to file down on the side of the heads.

And Jes Goodwin was saying how hyped he was to do Eldar back when the DE got their update. And now I don't think we even saw any Goodwin designs at all with the Eldar. And there is no second wave in sight.

Anyways, the main point here is I was disappointed with the laziness of the Eldar update.
Back to top Go down
Unorthodoxy
Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Model Releases   Eldar Model Releases I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25 2014, 18:45

From a modeling standpoint I suppose I see your point.

The Eldar codex really did a good job of making Eldar do what it seems like they should logically be doing on the battlefield. I was very pleased with it. I mourn some of the abuses that can be made of it but that is the Allies dynamic, not the codex's fault.

I have no good news for you other than to say that if modelling is your thing, Dark eldar are ridiculously cool surrogates!

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Gorthaur
Slave
Gorthaur

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Model Releases   Eldar Model Releases I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27 2014, 18:55

Well yeah rules wise they did a decent of updating the army. I guess I can just hope to see a Saim Hann supplement with a release of new jetbikes someday.
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Model Releases   Eldar Model Releases I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 27 2014, 20:25

Really, Jetbikes were the only thing I was hoping to get updated. Sure, some of the models are quite old, but I love them nonetheless. I can understand where you're coming from, though, especially with cutting the Dire Avengers box in half. For that we were at least owed new Fire Dragon models, or just plastic kits.

Personally, I am hoping that they release them all in plastic soon. I've had so much grief with Finecast before that I really don't want to go through again.

Eldar Model Releases YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Mr Believer
Wych
Mr Believer

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Model Releases   Eldar Model Releases I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 00:18

I don't think the Eldar release was too bad, don't forget they got the Crimson Hunter as well. The problem really is that the release mainly sticks with their tradition of updating units that nobody was really that fussed about getting an update for in the first place, either because nobody used them or they were happy with what they had*. Plastic Wraithguard are the prime example - they release new plastic models for what was a finecast (or was it metal? Somebody correct me otherwise) kit, and then charge a measly amount of money less for it. Even if they do put out new aspect warrior kits, there won't be much of a saving to be had. They don't seem to realise that if they let you buy a box of ten plastic Striking Scorpions for twenty pounds, the same price as their troops units, there would be people who would spend sixty pounds on them so they could have three full squads as all their elites (I include myself in that group). I'm not going to spend close to fifty pounds just so I can get one full squad and end up with an exarch model I can't even use if I run them as said full size squad.

No new jetbikes was really poor though, they dropped the ball on that.

*See also Ogryns.

Beating A Different Drummer
Unorthodoxy

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Model Releases   Eldar Model Releases I_icon_minitimeThu May 08 2014, 17:52

Its not too late though for them to do new Jetbikes at some point. conversions can also get the job done

http://www.40kunorthodoxy.blogspot.com/
Gorthaur
Slave
Gorthaur

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Model Releases   Eldar Model Releases I_icon_minitimeSat May 17 2014, 05:04

Unorthodoxy wrote:
Its not too late though for them to do new Jetbikes at some point.  conversions can also get the job done

With some kitbashing/headswaps and a good paintjob the DE reavers can do the job,
Back to top Go down
Siticus the Ancient
Wych
Siticus the Ancient

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Model Releases   Eldar Model Releases I_icon_minitimeSun May 18 2014, 09:28

I disagree strongly about the Wraithguard - they were a fantastic release and a much, much needed update. Before if you wanted to field a squad of them, you had to get each of them separately for the price of a character model. Later they did just pack five of them in a box, sure, but that barely changed anything for their price and the fact that sculpts were ancient. Nobody used Wraithguard because they cost an absolute fortune to get, and even then, they had the habit of falling asleep on the job!

With the re-release in plastic, they might not cost all that much less (still far less than getting them for 8 pounds a piece), but the difference in working with a plastic or resin kit is absolutely massive. Of course, I'd love to see plastic aspect warriors, especially Warp Spiders, but I guess we just have to be patient and wait for any glimmer of rumours coming out of the black citadel of GW HQ.

Zenotaph
Hekatrix
Zenotaph

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Model Releases   Eldar Model Releases I_icon_minitimeSun May 18 2014, 09:52

Gorthaur wrote:
Overall, a rather boring release of models. Still no jetbike...which is just insane.

Hm, they did remodel the jetbikes, didn't they? I don't see your point here...

Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Model Releases   Eldar Model Releases I_icon_minitimeMon May 19 2014, 18:18

They did not. They put them in boxes of three, but they're the same old models.

Eldar Model Releases YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eldar Model Releases   Eldar Model Releases I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eldar Model Releases
Page 1 of 1