THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Duke Model

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Duke Model Empty
PostSubject: Duke Model   Duke Model I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 01:03

So I know i want a special duke model for my games and I think that i might have found the right one?

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Dark-Elf-Hero-Lokhir-Fellheart

The cloak eliminates the Dark Elf shoulders that I am not a fan of, the armor is almost identical to that of the Dark Eldar. I can swap out a head on him and replace one (if not both) of the weapons with DE ones. The cloak I personally love (the dark elf corsairs are awesome.) With some modeling, can do attitude, and spikes I think I will be able to pull off a very regal looking Duke Sliscus with him.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

Duke Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Model   Duke Model I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 05:45

Yeah dude, Lokhir is one hell of a badass model! I spent an hour today debating between Lokhir Fellheart and the Black Ark Fleetmaster (http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Dark-Elves-Black-Ark-Fleetmaster)
In the end I decided to go for the Fleetmaster because he's got more of a Pirate vibe, and I love me some pirates. Preying on the space lanes, all that jazz. Plus I figure I can strap a blast pistol between his right thigh and the cloak comfortably.
That... and my local GW didn't have Lokhir in stock =(

I'd maybe go easy on the spikes when you model him; giving him his own sleek, streamlined look may help him stand out as a classy, swash and buckle Lord amongst Warriors eh? Which weapons d'you figure you'd swap his for?
I'm sure the community would love to see pics, both in-progress and completed.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Duke Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Model   Duke Model I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 05:58

Oh yea, Well i'm pretty dedicated on the Kabal of the poisoned tongue so it would fall into line with the blue/green/black colors (blue cloak with airbrushed green scales fading into black?) I can't decide if i want a helm or a bare head (ill probably use the extra Archon helm I have.) The fluff says he is armed with two blades and a blast pistol, so to upgrade the look i was thinking a double sided blade on his main hand and a blaster in the other. I love the agonizer look so i might model up some greenstuff and make a whiplike sword (saber? the one modeled is nice but changing it would add depth the curved haemonculi is excellent) if I can find a way to model the sword as the body of a snake even better, with a dagger in the offhand icepick style (upside down). I just love the way he is standing as if he is taunting the world. The spikes I would add would be as if his shoulderpads are punched through the cloak. Or just adding the two pillars from the incubi would match well. I bent the needle on my patriot 105 so I am waiting for that to arrive. I will be making a WIP page for my army but it is going to be a summer project. The one thing I do not like is the cloak over the shoulders so If i can change that i will try, I will probably have to cut it, green stuff and if the arms are salvageable great! I have so many ideas and will only be able to make them once the model is in hand.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Duke Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Model   Duke Model I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 06:07

Oh dang he is metal... Well then this should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

Duke Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Model   Duke Model I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 07:36

You can get him in finecast I think. I used the black arc fleetmaster to represent my Duke Sliscus. It is a great model and has the advantage of being plastic. A little minor conversion work and he fits in with a 40k theme quite nicely. Mine

Duke Model 48155B8D-2ECF-4870-85BA-14D75C87C39C_zpsrtfkf0jk
Back to top Go down
http://www.objectivesecured.blogspot.co.uk
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Duke Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Model   Duke Model I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 18:43

Very nice paintjob as usual spell, It is a very nice model that is for sure. I'm just not a fan of the pose I must admit, he kind of looks weary and battle hardened and that is not the image I have in my mind. Like I said about Fellheart is he looks super cocky. Plus the armor is on the legs also which will match my warriors and such. I just hope I can get a plastic model of it or else I will have my work cut out for me, which is no problem just plastic is so much better. I love the starfish you have on his base excellent touch, you also did a much better job with the face than the one listed on GW. Good job on triangle color theory. I am going to check my store today and order it if they do not have it, so i'll keep you all posted.

On a side note do any of you have a suggestion for Lady Malys? The dark elf Sorc is a tempting model but with what the wood elves are busting out with right now I would LLOOOVVEEE one of their models.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

Duke Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Model   Duke Model I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 20:11

Ta very much Smile . Yeah I really like the fellheart model but I was put off it being in finecast/metal. Plastic is sooo much easier to convert, even if it is just minor tweaks like mine.

I have been thinking of a lady maly's conversion myslef and was wondering what tomuse. I think th dark elf sorceress is great to use as her but I was also thinking about the vampire count lady's as a base model ( with all the flowing robes and ruffles I thought it would fit her very nicely). I have not seen any new female wood elf characters released so far but the new models look incredible. Heres hoping the rest of the releases look as good. I am hoping for a plastic wood elf sorceress myself and plastic war dancers
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Duke Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Model   Duke Model I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 20:48

That Lokhir is pretty cool, I like his Cthulu face.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Duke Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Model   Duke Model I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29 2014, 22:21

Yea it is an awesome model. However Spell you were right again! haha I stopped by the shop today after class and saw the two models side by side, The Fleetmaster (besides the plastic, it is the newest batch they use) had all of it in pieces. I can swap out the head for the archon model I like, I can put the warrior legs on him, I can extend his arm out, I can cut off the sharks jaw and paste it onto warrior chest if thats what i decide to do with his chest. And even the webbing behind the head looks like something a Space Pimp Pirate named Duke Sliscus would wear. I can even convince people that his cloak and the jaw are from the biggest/dangerous snake he could find in the whole Universe just to prove that snakes should be named after him. I plan on putting the Archon goat horn helmet on the model swapping on Warrior arm and legs and probably posting the blaster pistol on his left hand to mimic Han Solo (I always shoot first). sword down and out with blaster aimed right at you. So as you can guess I purchased the Fleetmaster. Will keep you all updated on my army as it is made, it is going to be my summer project.
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Duke Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Model   Duke Model I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 01:23

spellcheck2001 wrote:
Ta very much Smile. Yeah I really like the fellheart model but I was put off it being in finecast/metal. Plastic is sooo much easier to convert, even if it is just minor tweaks like mine.

I have been thinking of a lady maly's conversion myslef and was wondering what tomuse. I think th dark elf sorceress is great to use as her but I was also thinking about the vampire count lady's as a base model ( with all the flowing robes and ruffles I thought it would fit her very nicely). I have not seen any new female wood elf characters released so far but the new models look incredible. Heres hoping the rest of the releases look as good. I am hoping for a plastic wood elf sorceress myself and plastic war dancers

I think I might have found your muse, or even your model for Malys, I have to admit I might do this.

Duke Model Dsc0136oy
Back to top Go down
Lord_Alino
Lord_Alice
Lord_Alino

Duke Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Model   Duke Model I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 02:22

the legs look of that model (with the robes around them) give me a good idea for converting a decapitator.
Back to top Go down
Laughingcarp
Wych
Laughingcarp

Duke Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Model   Duke Model I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 07:26

Haha props for nabbing a Fleetmaster! Mostly figured he's pirate-y enough to have trophies (Sliscus, that is) and that a jawbone gorget is the style of the month.

Hot damn. Which model is that Malys, Rumble?
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Duke Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Model   Duke Model I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 07:41

Yea, plus it just offered so much more to model with. I didn't know what the mold looked like and the cloak is much better.

The malys model is

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Isabella-Von-Carstein

and

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Dark-Eldar-Succubus

and it is absolutely beautiful. I'm kind of hooked on it. I will make that model. It works because the face is terrible on the Carstein one and any Succubus head will do i guess even though the Succubus one is great.
Back to top Go down
spellcheck2001
Le Maitre Macabre
spellcheck2001

Duke Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Model   Duke Model I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 08:04

Yep......yep...... That is officially an awesome conversion. Thanks for the heads up rumble Smile gonna have to do that myself now
Back to top Go down
Its_Rumble
Sybarite
Its_Rumble

Duke Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Model   Duke Model I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 30 2014, 08:09

XD I knew you would like it, No prob let us compare one day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Duke Model Empty
PostSubject: Re: Duke Model   Duke Model I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Duke Model
Page 1 of 1