THE DARK CITY
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeDark Eldar WikiDark Eldar ResourcesLatest imagesNull CityRegisterLog in

Who makes machinery in commoragh?

Go down 
+3
Ikaraii
deep-sea-captain
YoungArchon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
YoungArchon
Hellion
YoungArchon

Who makes machinery in commoragh? Empty
PostSubject: Who makes machinery in commoragh?   Who makes machinery in commoragh? I_icon_minitimeWed May 14 2014, 22:38

Looking at the dark eldar I realised, Who makes all of their weapons, Armour, and vehicles?
They could get slaves to do it, but would they really trust mon-keigh with such delicate and intricate construction?
Maybe they get Dark Eldar Criminals to do so (I say criminals in the sense of "pissed off an archon but not enough to die quickly)
Back to top Go down
deep-sea-captain
Hellion
deep-sea-captain

PostSubject: Re: Who makes machinery in commoragh?   Who makes machinery in commoragh? I_icon_minitimeThu May 15 2014, 02:06

Slaves. Lots and lots of slaves. In giant slave factories. I remember reading that most of the stuff produced isn't up to standard and is discarded, but if you have an endless supply of slaves making an endless supply of weapons and parts, eventually every now and again one gets it right and its deemed worthy. Not just monkeigh slaves though, slaves from everywhere, including other Dark Eldar.

For the special stuff though you go see a homunculus.
Back to top Go down
Ikaraii
Slave
Ikaraii

PostSubject: Re: Who makes machinery in commoragh?   Who makes machinery in commoragh? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22 2014, 14:21

I would rather trust our wracks, at least they want to get it right. I guess slaves could work, only I'm not sure we'd be okay with so much inevitable rubbish.

Vae Victus
Back to top Go down
Cavash
Lord of the Chat
Cavash

PostSubject: Re: Who makes machinery in commoragh?   Who makes machinery in commoragh? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 22 2014, 14:34

Yeah, the codex states slaves, as well as a couple of other sources. It's also mentioned in the background for the Kabal of the Obsidian Rose where their current Archon was a slave making Splinter weapons for the Kabal she took over later on in life.

Who makes machinery in commoragh? YiVCUio
Back to top Go down
CheeZe
Hellion

PostSubject: Re: Who makes machinery in commoragh?   Who makes machinery in commoragh? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 23 2014, 21:18

I imagine that there must also be artisans of certain crafts to create higher end things. After all, not everyone is an Archon, Wych or Kabalite. The fluff seems to suggest that most DE don't reach the same martial levels as the regular Kabalite warriors, let alone the Wyches. So it would be safe to assume that they perform all sorts of jobs, occupations and roles (from artisan to slave) as required by the ruling Archon of their resident location.

facelessabsalom
Wych
facelessabsalom

PostSubject: Re: Who makes machinery in commoragh?   Who makes machinery in commoragh? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 07:39

The dark eldar novels by Andy Chamber mentions slaves, artisans(occupation), Archons, haemons and wracks. Anyone can craft weapons like blades and splinter weapons. Some Archons are famous artisans, some heamon likes creating weapons as side hobby and dark eldar citizens can make weapons just like gunsmiths.

When it comes to dark light weapons, aircrafts, power weapons and that sort I imagine some sort of factory, blueprints that most kabals have and use slaves and citizens to create. Archons with great skills might craft his own blast pistol or crete his own djinn blade, power weapons etc.

Poisons and toxin weapons, bio chemical and coven weapons/artifacts are probably made by heamonculis. Medusae can provide with poisons for close combat weapons.

Cult of Bladed Violet & Kabal of Violet Storm - DE army

The Ovatan Dynasty - Necron army
Back to top Go down
thesaltedwound
Sybarite
thesaltedwound

PostSubject: Re: Who makes machinery in commoragh?   Who makes machinery in commoragh? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 24 2014, 18:28

You mean Lhameans. Medusae are busy having their brains sucked on.

I've always imagined wyches making their own weapons, and haemos doing the same for the wackier stuff. A lot of wargear says it's made of "tortured this or that" so the covens probably get involved there too. Although I suppose pretty much anyone in Commoragh is up for torturing a bit of wraithbone if they can get it.

But most of all I like the idea that for "normal" stuff the kabalites use there's a kind of thin, spiky Dark Eldar Tony Stark going around selling his weapon company's latest guns and poisons and I'm just describing Sliscus aren't I?

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who makes machinery in commoragh?   Who makes machinery in commoragh? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who makes machinery in commoragh?
Page 1 of 1